Some decisions

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

Holiday Inn Express, Liverpool, is a waterside hotel in a former warehouse with a bar & river views, plus free breakfast & Wi-Fi. 

When Kyuhyun and Jaehyun stepped into the lobby, they were surprised that the hotel management still maintained the warehouse brickwall, making it look authentic and making them feel like they are in a warehouse-dock. Even their bedroom's wall! All covert with brickwalls!!! 

Kyuhyun sent some photos to Sungmin, to let him know that they have arrived in Liverpool, and that next time, they would all go together. 

Kyuhyun wrote "The wall projection event is an annual affair in Royal Albert Dock. Jae likes it a lot, so here we are! Will send you more photos later okay. Take care Min!" 

Over at Seoul, it was late night when Sungmin saw the text. "Okay so whatever Jae likes, Kyuhyun would just fulfil his wishes" Sungmin said sadly.

"But I shouldn't think that way, right? They survive together in London for 7 years and they only have each other. Like Kyuhyun told him, they are like brothers. And Jaehyun is a nice guy too" Sungmin told himself. 

Sungmin took a deep breath. It wasn't that he wanted Kyuhyun all to himself, no, that wasn't it. He just felt that he would be an unwanted 3rd party who would disturb their harmony. 

Sungmin knew Kyuhyun would favour him more when he eventually migrated there because Kyuhyun loved him, so in the end he might caused Kyuhyun to be drifted away from Jaehyun. 

Why did he look for Kyuhyun in the first place? Why can't he just leave it be? "But I was the one who hurt him, so I look for him just to seek his forgiveness, and to explained the real situation" Sungmin argued and tried to reason with himself. And he didn't expect Kyuhyun to still loved him after all these years and still want them to be together. 

"Okay, I need to be independent and brush up on my English myself. At least I would not bother Kyuhyun too much" Sungmin said, with determination. This made him smile and he went to sleep happily. 

Jaehyun and Kyuhyun were walking along the dock to see the quaint souvenir shops and the cafes. Jaehyun pulled Kyuhyun into The Fab4 cafe, and said "Let's eat some snacks here". 

The cafe offered customers to just sit back and enjoy one of their speciality coffees and customers could select from a range of fantastic pastries and sandwiches in their newly refurbished Beatles-themed Fab4 Cafe. 

"Look, Kyu, isn't this place fabulous!! Really have that Beatles feeling!!! It has the spirit of the 1960!" Jaehyun said excitedly. The last time they visited Liverpool, this cafe wasn't here. They sat and placed their orders, while the cafe played Beatles hit songs like 'Abbey Road' and 'Revolver' under their Cavern-club style arches. 

"See, this The Fab4 Cafe is definitely a must try!!" Jaehyun raised his eyebrows at Kyuhyun.

"Yeah I agree with you! It's really a nice place!" Kyuhyun sat back and looked around. Though they were not borned yet in those years, but being in London, people definitely would know The Beatles! It was like they were the forefathers in British rock and roll music.  Both of them enjoyed Beatles songs too and Jaehyun even downloaded their songs in his phone!

They were sipping their latte abd and Jaehyun casually asked "So, what your plan for Sungmin?"

"I heard that if he passes his test, Mr Tae would arrange for his visa and employment pass, and I can make reservation for his tickets. And Sungmin told me he would like to share our apartment rental cost, which I told him that we could discuss that later".

"Actually Kyu, I was thinking, why not we buy a car?"

"Why do we need a car, public transport is already so convenient" 

"It's easier to go anywhere, especially for weekends. You can send me and Sungmin to work too" 

Kyuhyun chuckled "How come it becomes my responsibility to drive you around?!" 

"You have international driving licence...."

"You can apply too..." 

"Okay okay I will, but shall we?" 

"What... ?" 

"Buy a car!!" 

Kyuhyun laughed. He was just teasing Jae. "Next Saturday then, we go to car showrooms..." 

"Yes!!!!"  Jaehyun showed his fist happily. 

They walked to the Pier Head and it was very windy and very cold!! Jaehyun wanted Kyuhyun to snap his photos and later on he asked Kyuhyun to exchange position so that he could snap Kyuhyun’s photo. 

"Smile, you moron.." Jaehyun scolded Kyuhyun, who was standing still. 

"Quick, it's cold!" 

"You smile and put up a V sign" Jaehyun shook his head because Kyuhyun was still the same whenever they took photos. He would just stood there without any expression and Jaehyun has to teach him how to pose! 

They took selfies and then Kyuhyun grabbed Jaehyun and walk back to the dock area because it was getting cold at the pier. 

"Let's go up to our room first. Get warm and put on more clothings because it will be colder at night!" Kyuhyun told Jaehyun, who nodded and followed him. 

Back in their room, Jaehyun looked through their photos while Kyuhyun took a warm shower. He selected some of Kyuhyun's photos and sent to Sungmin. He texted Sungmin "Your boyfriend at Pier Head, Royal Albert Dock, Liverpool. He's taking a warm shower now because it was too cold and windy at the Pier just now. You know, Kyu is a typical Londoner who only love autumn and spring and hate winter.. haha. Cheers from Liverpool!". He knew Sungmin won't see the photos until morning time in Seoul, so he off his phone. 

He knew Kyuhyun couldn't wait to be reunited with his long lost boyfriend, so he would help whichever he could to make Kyuhyun happy again. He has put lots of good words about Sungmin to Mr Tae, and told Mr Tae that Sungmin was hardworking and good-mannered guy. And all these small talks were done without Kyuhyun's knowledge. To him, as long as Kyuhyun is happy, he would be happy. 

He loved Kyuhyun like his own brother and Sungmin's agreement to migrate here would just add to his happiness to see his dear brother smiling again. It was definitely worth all his effort! 

They had a wonderful time watching Projections On The Dock, or the locals called it as The Light Show.  The eye-catching large-scale projections were on the inner-quay side of the Merseyside Maritime Museum, and the giant, glowing ‘screen’ will span more than 85 metres in width and 17 metres in height, creating one of Liverpool’s most unique winter spectacles to locals and tourists. 

It was amazing to see young talents who could do anything from a moving pictures or video, to a mini theatre, to lighting simulations, all using colours and shadows projected against the Museum wall. 

They went to Brasco Louge for supper and to enjoy wine. They ordered 2 sets of Triple - Stacked Buttermilk Pancakes and a bottle of Claymore Wine collection, the 2017 You’ll Never Walk Alone Sauvignon Blanc. Claymore Wines has a partnership with Liverpool Football club, hence the wine name, and though both of them were not fans of the Liverpool football team, they wouldn't want to miss trying the wine! 

By the time they came back to their hotel room, it was almost 2am! Jaehyun was too drunk to bathe and Kyuhyun had to drag him to the shower and washed him all over before putting him to sleep. 

Sungmin smile when he woke up and saw Kyuhyun's photos. He looked so handsome and it made him missed Kyuhyun more. He thanked Jaehyun by sending him a thank you emoticon. He has made up his mind not to think negatively on Kyuhyun and Jaehyun's relationship and accept that they treated each other as brothers. 

He started downloading videos on English test for new employee working in London, and took down notes. He hope that he could pass the English test with perfect score! 

Sungmin couldn't resist to see Jaehyun text again just to look at Kyuhyun's photos. He set it as his phone home screen so that he could look at Kyuhyun everytime he looked at his phone.

He giggled at himself because he was worst than schoolgirls idolising their kpop idols. For his case, he idolised his own boyfriend! He couldn't wait to be with him! 

So, with that in mind, there was no turning back now. He strive to pass his English test and prepared to migrate to London!