Got stabbed

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

Paris was awesome as usual, and no matter how many times Kyuhyun had seen Eiffel Tower, it was as mesmerising as ever.

It was chilling cold, yet most of his colleagues wanted to go out to take photos of the Tower and River Seine. Though they were used to London's winter, but Paris was different. The chill pierced right into your bones due to the open area along the river.

Kyuhyun texted the two guys that he had checked-in at their hotel and he sent them photos of Eiffel Tower too! Jaehyun had created a group chat among the 3 of them for ease of communication so that it would be easier to update each other on anything they want.

"Wow!!! I'm so jealous!!! Eiffel Tower is just in front of you now!!!" Jaehyun had replied Kyuhyun's message. "How's the weather there, Kyu?"

"3°C but so chilling! The guys are crazy. They wanted to go up the Tower!" Kyuhyun texted back.

"Ohmygod, the famous Tower!! I only saw Eiffel Tower in calendars and in brochure!! And you can physically touch the Tower!!!" Sungmin added in their chat.

"Okay okay Sungmin, we'll bring you to the Tower in April alright?!!" Jaehyun replied him.

"I miss you, Min!!" Kyuhyun sent a heart emoticon.

"I miss you too, Kyu!" Sungmin replied. 

"Hello hello, if you two want to write mushy mushy things to each other, send in through your personal chat!" Jaehyun teased Kyuhyun and Sungmin, followed by laughing emoticon.

"Shut up..." Kyuhyun sent a roll-eyes emoticon. "Anyway guys, I'll send you more photos later. Gotta queue to buy tickets to go up the Tower"

"Okay Kyu! Yes! Send more photos!" Sungmin clicked sent, and smile. 

Over at the Korean minimart, it wasn't crowded with customers but it was never without customers, which Sungmin was grateful, at least Mr Tae would not disturb him so much. This morning when he arrived and Sungmin greeted him, Sungmin purposely rearranged some items using his left hand, so that Mr Tae would noticed his ring!

Which Mr Tae did notice it, and sighing, he greeted Sungmin back and walked in towards his office sadly.

To Mr Tae, Sungmin was a very beautiful guy. Though he was married, Mr Tae always wanted a same gender partner, besides his lawful wedded wife of course, and he thought he had found one, when Sungmin joined his company.  He has this secret that he kept from his wife, which was the gay part of him. 

But he would respect Sungmin if he was already taken. But he would still treat Sungmin as special because somehow he liked his attitude. Always polite, always willing to learn, always tried to be better and keep improving on matters related to his online business. Maybe he would casually ask Jaehyun whether Sungmin was really taken or not. 

Sungmin was texting Jaehyun on what to buy for dinner that night, when a customer walked in. He spoke in a foreign language, and since Sungmin couldn't understand what he was asking, he gestured an apology signal and asked him to wait. He quickly called Mr Tae. 

Apparently the customer was talking in Germany and Mr Tae understood bits and pieces and kept apologising that the item that he wanted was not in this minimart.

 But lo and behold, the customer took out a knife from his leg and gestured Mr Tae to handover his money. Mr Tae talked to Sungmin in Korean to slowly back off and call the police, but the customer turned to Sungmin and threatened to stab him If he moved. 

So Mr Tae quickly nodded his head and gestured the customer to follow him to his cashier's drawer. 

Sungmin took this chance and using his martial art moves, he kicked the customer and when he fell flat down, Sungmin quickly stepped on his body and twisted his arm to drop the knife. 

Mr Tae quickly called the police while the customer was still on the floor. However, the customer put on a fierce fight and managed to turn his body, grab his knife and stab Sungmin's arm! 

Ignoring his pain, Sungmin used his martial art again and kicked the customer once again and stepped on him fully using his body weight, so that he couldn't turn. He twisted the fallen customers' arms and used his other leg to hold the arms. 

The police came and Mr Tae showed them the culprit and seek their help to call an ambulance as Sungmin was injured. 

Once the paramedic team arrived, they immediately tended Sungmin's injury and bandaged his arm to stop the blood. 

"Mr Tae, I don't have to go to the hospital, I'm fine actually" Sungmin told his boss. 

"Nonsense. You are bleeding and you saved my life and my minimart. Let's go to the hospital to proper treatment. I go with you. Anyway I also need to give my statements to the police" he told Sungmin, and fetch Sungmin's backpack and gestured the paramedics to get Sungmin into the ambulance. 

In the ambulance, Mr Tae called Jaehyun, despite Sungmin's protest, and told him what happened and whether he could meet them at the University College Hospital at Euston. 

Jaehyun was shocked "Ohmygod, Sungmin's injured! Should I inform Kyuhyun? Maybe I see how Sungmin is first" he told himself and quickly packed and told his boss that he had to attend to an emergency. 

He rushed to the UCH and practically run to Sungmin's bed once Mr Tae told him where they were. "How are you Sungmin? Is the stab wound deep?" he asked anxiously. 

"Jaehyun, I go and give my statements to the police. They are with the paramedics. You stay here with Sungmin?" 

"Yes, thank you Mr Tae" Jaehyun bowed slightly at him. 

"Heyyy Jae. Sorry you have to rush here. Thankfully the would wasn't deep, so the doctor stitch it up and put on medicational cream and re-bandaged it. I got a jab too to stop my arm from swelling" Sungmin told Jaehyun. "But Jae, don't tell Kyu please? I don't want him to worry" 

"He will lecture us if he found out later. That is worst right? He will feel that he wasn't important...." Jaehyun tried to reason with Sungmin. 

"I mean, not today. Let him enjoy the night with his colleagues. I will text him tomorrow" Sungmin told him.

Jaehyun relented. Anyway Sungmin told him that he could be discharged once he has completed his drip, so he just need to ensure that Sungmin rest early tonight.

Mr Tae came back and told them that he had given his statements and the culprit would be charged with arm robbery and injuring Sungmin. He repeatedly thanked Sungmin for saving his life and his shop, and his admiration for Sungmin doubled because not only Sungmin was beautiful, but courages too!

"And Sungmin, I will settle the hospital bill, you go off with Jaehyun and rest tonight. The nurse said that she would bring your medicines from the pharmacy soon".

"Thank you, Mr Tae. Looks like you have to close your shop till after the new year. We need to clean coz so many items toppled" Sungmin felt bad actually because when he kicked the culprit, the guy practically knocked over a lot of items.

"Don't worry, I get the other two guys to help. Yeah I guess I have to close the minimart till end of next week. But you don't have to come and help, okay. You need to rest and get your arm to heal properly" Mr Tae told him.

"Yes Mr Tae" Sungmin smile and did a slight bow from his bed.

Sungmin was allowed to be discharged after the nurse removed his drop and explained to him the medications. Sungmin need to come back to UCH too in 3 days time to have another check. 

Jaehyun called a cab and helped to carry Sungmin's backpack as they climbed into the cab. He turned to Sungmin "I'll call for dinner and you take your medicines after that and hit the bed. If Kyu calls, I just said that you sleeps early okay" 

"Thanks Jae" Sungmin smile at him. "Thank you for rushing over" 

"No problem! I will do the same if Kyu is injured too" Jaehyun smile. He has started liking Sungmin as a brother and care about his wellbeing too, just like how he care about Kyuhyun's wellbeing. 

When Kyuhyun called that night, he was talking non-stop about the view from the Summit, which was the highest viewing gallery at Eiffel Tower. It was 276metre above the ground and the surrounding view was truly awesome. 

"Aren't the weather cold?" Jaehyun asked him. 

"The summit was not fully outdoor, so we still have some heat from the indoor" Kyuhyun explained. He then went on and on about the restaurant which he and his colleagues decided to have a drink, which the wine was so good that it was like out of this World!! 

"Okay okay, I believe you..." Jaehyun rolled his eyes. 

"By the way, why did Sungmin slept so early?" Kyuhyun asked curiously, because Sungmin would surely wait for his call. 

"Kyu, you go and have your shower. You text me when you are done, then I will call you back" Jaehyun told him. By that time, it would be past 12midnight, so it would be tomorrow. So he would fulfil his promise not to tell Kyuhyun today, and it would be okay to tell Kyuhyun after midnight because if would be 'tomorrow'... he patted himself for being a genius. 

"Did something happen?" Kyuhyun asked, because he knew Jaehyun very well. There must be something that he wanted to talk about.

"We talk later okay. Go and take your hot shower, else you'll catch a cold" Jaehyun told him.

"Okay okay, I'll text you later after my shower" Kyuhyun said and off his phone and plug in the charger.

So at exactly 12.01 am London time, Jaehyun called Kyuhyun's phone, after he had texted him that he had done with his shower.

"You are so mysterious, Jae. So what's up?" Kyuhyun sat on his bed.

"Just listen and don't get too worried okay..." he said, and started telling Kyuhyun what happened.

"Ohmygod!! And you only tell me now??"

"I promised Sungmin not to tell you yesterday so now it's past midnight, so it is practically tomorrow"

"How is he? How bad is the stabbing wound?"

"He is okay, and he slept early because the medicines are drowsy. Luckily the stab wound wasn't so deep but he got some stitches to close the wound and he got a jab to prevent his arm from swelling"

"Ohgod, my poor Sungmin"

"You should be proud of him you know! He saved Mr Tae and saved the minimart too, and he was so brave, kicking an armed culprit!"

"But endangering his life...."

"For martial art expert, helping people goes above and beyond"

"Yeah, that's true"

"I will accompany him on 2nd Jan for his wound checkup. In 2 weeks time, you can accompany him to remove the stitches"

"Okayyy. Thanks Jae"

"Tomorrow morning, Sungmin will text you about this, so please don't scold him..."

"Tsk... of course I won't scold him"

"He just didn't want you to worry"

"I know..."

"Kyu, really, don't worry too much"

Kyuhyun sigh. Of course he worry because his boyfriend was injured. But he should be proud of him too for risking his life to save others.

Noticing that Kyuhyun was quiet, Jaehyun said "See, I know you surely will start to get worried" he chided him.

"I can't help it, but yeah, now I know that he's okay, I can have a peaceful sleep. Thanks Jae for letting me know"

"You are most welcome"

"Go and sleep. I will send more photos in the morning" Kyuhyun smile.

"You have a good night sleep okay. Bye Kyu.. "

"Bye Jae" and Kyuhyun off his phone. He took a deep breath and sigh again. If only he could take care of his boyfriend.

Nevertheless, he felt proud of Sungmin, of what he did and that he could take care of himself.

"I'll call him tomorrow morning then" kyuhyun told himself and lie down to try to get some sleep. He took his phone again to see Sungmin's picture "Goodnite Min, I love you" he said to Sungmin's picture in his phone.

He off his phone again, lookout to the Eiffel Tower outside his window, smile, off his light and closed his eyes to sleep.