Job opportunity

In the crowd of thousands, I only see you

 

Sungmin flew home on Wednesday, and as his flight was at night, both Kyuhyun and Jaehyun sent him to Heathrow Terminal 2.

Two days ago, Kyuhyun had booked day tours for Sungmin on Monday and Tuesday so that Sungmin could spent his time visiting more places, such Bath and Stonehedge, Madame Trousard and tour around London. 

On Wednesday, Sungmin did some shopping before he packed everything and checked out, and during his lunch break, Kyuhyun took a cab from office to fetch Sungmin and brought him to their apartment to stay for the rest of the afternoon. 

Sungmin had made himself useful by cooking bibimbap for the two gentlemen and they were so happy when they reached home to have a Korean dinner, and they had a great dinner chatting and laughing together.

Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin into his room to hug and kissed him as they won't be seeing each other until they decided on the next step. Sungmin teared in Kyuhyun's arms and wished that he could stay longer.

After Sungmin left, Kyuhyun was moody the whole Thursday but didn't really show it to Jaehyun. Of course Jaehyun understood and didn't disturb him and he hope that Sungmin did decide to migrate here, so that Kyuhyun could be happy again.

Kyuhyun decided to dine out on Friday evening to cheer himself up, and told Jaehyun about it, and he booked Yori at Piccadilly Circus. Yori – meaning ‘cooked food’ in Korean – is located in the middle of theatreland, right next to the Harold Pinter Theatre and down the road from Piccadilly Circus station.

They met at Piccadilly Circus Station, and walked together to Yori. At the entrance of the restaurant, Jaehyun held Kyuhyun from entering and took out his phone to take a selfie with the restaurant's name behind them.

"I sent you the photo already so you go send to Sungmin" Jaehyun smile cheekily after he sent the photo to Kyuhyun’s phone.

"Why?" Kyuhyun asked, baffled, while walking in to their reserved table. 

"Just say you missed his bibimbap so you drag me out to eat Korean food..." Jaehyun chuckled and shook his head. This guy! Must he really need to teach him how to say that he missed Sungmin?? 

"Tsk..." Kyuhyun glanced at him and opened up the menu once they have seated. However, his eyes kept coming back to bibimbap! Was he really missing Sungmin that badly?? He really didn't know the answer! 

They placed their order from the ipad, and was immediately served with cold tea in Korean traditional metal cup. The restaurant was quite crowded and mostly with Koreans who worked in London, or on business trip or having a vacation. It felt good to be with other fellow Koreans who speak Hangeul. 

Jaehyun laughed when Kyuhyun’s order came. "See, I knew you missed Sungmin's bibimbap!!"

"Who say? I just feel like having bibimbap!"

"Don't bluff... Go and send that photo! Quick!"

Jaehyun attempted to grab Kyuhyun's phone but Kyuhyun was faster. They both laughed out loud because Kyuhyun could read Jaehyun's mind. 

"Okay okay I send now..!" Kyuhyun feign a fed up face at Jaehyun. He also took a photo of his bibimbap and Jaehyun's bulgogi. While typing, he glanced at Jaehyun and chuckled because Jaehyun was watching him to make sure that he click send. "Ok done! So can I eat now?" 

"Yes Mr Cho, you may eat now" 

"Thank you, Mr Ahn" 

They talked about work and about random movies. They were laughing when Kyuhyun phone buzzed. He put down his chopsticks and spoon, and checked his message. Sungmin sent a smiley emoticon and a thumbs up, then another message, he wrote "You are near, even if I don't see you. You are with me, even if you are far away. You are in my heart, in my thoughts, in my life. Always"

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, and put down his phone. He continued eating and ignored Jaehyun's questioning look. After 3 minutes, Kyuhyun said "Stop with that look!" and leaned back on his seat. 

Jaehyun chuckled "I wonder what happened? You are suddenly quiet. Either he replied with a short one like 'wow ok' or something long and mushy..." 

"Finish your food and quit guessing..." 

"Tsk... You no fun...." 

Sungmin's words actually pull the strings in Kyuhyun's heart. He knew that Sungmin was also in pain, but he didn't know the depth of his pain. Sungmin's pain include his guilt of pushing Kyuhyun away whereas his own pain was just the feeling of disappointment. 

If Kyuhyun could cry now, he would, but he wasn't in his room. His room was the place where it saw all the tears that he has shed throughout these seven years everytime he missed Sungmin. 

He knew it would not be fair for Sungmin to drop everything in Seoul and migrate here to be with him. But at least they now know how each other's feel and he was thankful that God arranged for them to meet again to clear the dark clouds that has been hanging over them. He couldn't imagine what could have happened to Sungmin if they didn't meet that day? Would he be alright or lost in London or cried for days because he couldn't find him? He sighed. 

"Heyyy, come back here! Your mind drifted so far away!" Jaehyun snapped his fingers in front of Kyuhyun's face, making him looked up, and he added "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you to send those photos". 

"No, it was okay. I just felt bad that I didn't know that he was also in pain all these while, and it wasn't just me" Kyuhyun showed Jaehyun his phone with Sungmin's message. 

"Call him tomorrow, around 3pm? It should, let me see... 11pm in Seoul??" 

"We are supposed to go breakfast and marketing at Borough Market tomorrow..." 

"Yeah, but we should be back by then, you dimwit..." 

"Yeah okay" Kyuhyun laughed. He refilled his metal cup with more tea and refilled for Jaehyun's cup too. "Actually I'm looking out for  any job vacancies that Sungmin might be interested, but I really didn't want to force him to migrate here..." 

"Kyu, if you two are meant to be together, you will still end up together. Believe in that, okay" Jaehyun finished up his food, and reached for his newly refilled tea. He liked the food here, it was always freshly prepared and not stored in the fridge for weeks, like some other Korean outlet. 

"That's true" Kyuhyun said. "Jae, can you help me look out for vacancies too? In case your clients mention it to you or something..." 

"Yup, I will, don't worry, but it's better if he took up English courses, at least he will have more confidence to speak in English".

Kyuhyun nodded and finished up his bibimbap. This was really good! Up to the last grain of rice, it was still warm! He should bring Sungmin here next time!

They had a great time in Borough Market the next morning. Borough Market is a wholesale and retail market hall in Southwark, London, England. It is one of the largest and oldest food markets in London, where one could get spices, sauces, exotic meat, fresh fish, fresh fruits, veggies, honey, street food, oyster and many many more, all at affordable price! 

Kyuhyun and Jaehyun would plan to go minimally once a month to stock up their groceries and to eat street food for breakfast. The only thing they don't like is the waking up early, because in normal Saturdays, they would slept the whole morning and only woke up around 12noon! 

Life in London is good. Though the locals generally not in favour of Asians, but they would readily accept them if they could speak like the locals. Kyuhyun and Jaehyun learned this 'trick' from one of Jaehyun's client, who told him the 'secret' of being accepted by the locals, which was, learned to speak like them!! 

The Londoners spoke with some high pitch to emphasise things, and with a profound pronunciation for words with the alphabet 't', like 'can't' where they don't really pronounce the 't', and for words with 'th', they would pronounce it clearly, especially words like 'that', 'this', 'those' etc. 

So after years of staying and working in London, Kyuhyun and Jaehyun have mastered the way the Londoners speak and now they spoke like one of them! And best of all, now that KPop and kdrama are quite well known in London, it helped these two Koreans to be more readily accepted. 

Whenever the two of them spoke in Hangeul in trains or busses, some school girls or aunties would turned around and looked at them and squeel in delights and kept glancing at them! Jaehyun ever joked with Kyuhyun that the should start singing because for sure these ladies would just oogle at them non-stop... hahaha!

Two weeks later, Jaehyun called Kyuhyun during their lunch break. "Kyu, guess what? My Korean client said that he was looking for a Korean who can speak English, to work at his Korean supermarket!" 

"Wow! That's great! Which supermarket and do you know where it is?" 

"It's Oseyo TCR, at Tottenham Court Road. I think there's a bus service from Euston Square station. They sell their goods in online webpage too, and the new staff would need to take photos of the goods and upload them online".

"Shall we go there to take a look first?" 

"Yes, why not?! Maybe if I see my client there, he might give us some discounts!!" Jaehyun laughed. "Okay, we go this coming Saturday?" 

"Sounds great, thanks Jae!" Kyuhyun smile to himself. He texted Sungmin about the good news and that he would tell him more, after they have visited the supermarket. If Sungmin was agreeable, he and Jaehyun could help to submit his job application and arranged for Sungmin to have online video interview with the supermarket owner. 

So now it was really up to Sungmin whether he wants to take up this job opportunity and migrate to London to be with Kyuhyun or not. He hope that Sungmin would decide soon, so that they could finally, finally, finally, be together...