The Stadium

Reply 2010

Tzuyu's POV

I smile while I am thinking about the past. We were all silly and funny at that time especially Chaeyoung. The only thing she knew at that time was Myoui Mina. She even forgot to fight with her family.

" Tzuyu!!!!!!! "

While I am lost in my own world, I hear a husky voice calling my name. And I smile at Hirai Momo as she runs to me while extending her arms. She pulls me in a hug as soon as I stand up from the seat. I hug her too and she slaps on my arm lightly.

" Everyone is talking that you are here and I couldn't believe unless I saw you. OMG, Tzuyu-ah, I miss you so much."

I can only smile at her as I am not good with words. I am better in writing things down. Momo sits beside me and I look around. She asks me what I am looking for.

" Where is your partner? Are you single? "

I ask loudly and Momo is just giggling like always. She takes out her phone and opens it to reveal her family photo. I immediately smile when I see Momo in the middle of four dogs.

" Mommy? "

" Yeah, I only want to live peacefully with my kids. This is my youngest don, Boo."

She said while pointing to a brown dog.

" Relationships are really annoying. All my friends were giving me headache and it was already enough for me."

I shake my head in disagreement.

" But you are very good at match making. You are the real cupid."

" Aigoo, the writer is praising me."

" No, I'm serious. I have to take inspiration from you secretly to write my books when it comes to romance."

" Stop it. You are making fun with me."

Momo said with her husky voice again. I suddenly remember something from the past and excitingly tell her about it.

" Wait, unnie, do you remember the fight at the stadium? "

" Fight? Ahhhh, I remember. How can I forgot about this?! It was one of my best plan in my match making days."

Momo proudly said and I smile along with her too. Both of us are flied back to the past as the memories flash back like a movie.

 

 

End of Tzuyu's POV

 

 

 

 

xxx                                         xxx                                           xxx

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and Hyewon are sitting at the canteen and drinking thier juices. They are waiting for the Queens to arrive but there is still not sign of them although it has been a while since the last class ends for the lunch.

" Yah, Son Chaeyoung, when will you wipe away that frown on your face? "

" I am just wondering where Mina unnie is."

" Chaengie, you should play cool like always. You are too obedient to her."

" Really? "

Chaeyoung widens her eyes and Tzuyu and Hyewon nod at her. At that time, they all notice the zombie girl entering the canteen lifelessly. She is about to take a seat at somewhere when Tzuyu calls her.

" Nayeon unnie, come sit with us."

Nayeon is thinking for a second as Tzuyu is not alone but she doesn't want to be alone anymore so she decides to join them. Chaeyoung and Hyewon smile at her and she smiles back at them awkwardly. Huuu, they seem they are not that bad as they seem. Tzuyu knows that Nayeon is worried for her friends and she tries to introduce her to them.

" Guys, this is my friend, Im Nayeon unnie. Unnie, they are my friends, Son Chaeyoung and Kang Hyewon."

" We know each other."

Nayeon said with a frown and they all laugh. Do you believe laughing together makes us closer? And they can now talk like friends while talking about random things.

But Nayeon is also as nervous as Chaeyoung because she is waiting for the particular girl too. She keeps checking outside the canteen hoping that Jeongyeon will show up but she has not seen her for the whole day. 

" I can't stay like this. I'll going to look for her."

" Calm down, Chaeng. You can always ask for her number and call her if you want."

" I- I don't have her number."

Chaeyoung pouts and all her friends, even Nayeon, are laughing at her. At that time, Chaeyeon and Sakura are happily entering the canteen and they go straight to the counter to order thier foods.

" Can you please pack them for us? We will take parcel."

They all hear what Chaeyeon said and they all becomes curious of why they are taking food outside the canteen. Sakura is smiling at Chaeyeon and she is enjoying to watch Chaeyeon choosing food and order in her best style. Even her simple moves are attractive for Sakura.

" Saku-chan, you shouldn't follow me to the stadium. We are about to practice basketball. After that I have promised to Eunbi unnie that I will rehearse the script with her. You will get bored if you come with me."

" It's fine. I'm already bored without you."

They all go for awee for the cheesy couple. But Chaeyeon and Sakura do not care about them watching at their drama as they take their order and about to leave the canteen.

" Wait."

Suddenly, Chaeyoung stops them and the two turn around to them, confused.

" Us? "

" Yes, I have a question. I was not eavesdropping but you two were too loud and everyone here can hear your lovey dovey things. Forget that. I want to ask you something. Do you have practice today? "

" Yeah."

" Cheerleader team too? "

" May be."

Chaeyeon answers while she Is confusing why Son Chaeyoung wants to know about that all of a sudden. Then she remembers that she is after Myoui Mina and she laughs.

" Wanna come with us? You can watch us together with Saku-chan."

Chaeyeon suggests and the shorter girl nods.

" Alright."

Her friends are watching when Chaeyoung turns to them and signals them to stand up.

" Wae? Why us? Go by yourself."

" No, it's awkward to go alone. Let's go together. Stand up."

She tries to pull up Tzuyu by force and the taller girl sighs as she has to agree with her bestfriend. Hyewon knows that she has no choice left though she still doesn't want to see Eunbi yet. Only Nayeon is left at the table while she is hanging down her head and spacing out.

" Unnie, you should come with us too."

Sakura suggests as she misses her days of cheering together with Nayeon. But the older girl is just shaking her head. Tzuyu joins them and she agrees with Sakura.

" Yes, unnie. Come with us. Stay normal. You can come to the basketball practice and cheer for the team because we all are friends. You are not a friend only for Yoo Jeongyeon. You have many other people around you."

While they are talking, Chaeyeon is impatient with them as she is already late for the practice.

" Can we be quick? We have to walk for about ten minutes to get there."

Finally, they can successfully take Nayeon with them and they all walk to the stadium. The students are surprised to see them together because they are not the usual group of friends.

It's weird to see Nayeon without Jeongyeon is enough. Now, she is even friends with the school's pranksters. But they don't care and they reach the stadium after walking in broad sunlight for 10 straight minutes.

Chaeyeon tells them to sit at the seats as she runs to her team to be in the practice. The five girls take their seats and they are watching the basketball team and cheerleader team doing thier own practice.

Nayeon feels really wrong with the whole situation when she looks at Jeongyeon running in the field and showing her skills. She always used to shout and cheer for her no matter what match she was playing. Now, they even didn't talk for days. They became strangers all of a sudden. 

At that time, Jeongyeon feels like someone is watching her and she looks at the seats to find Nayeon staring at her. She immediately shifts her face to other side and ignores Nayeon as she continues running in the field. Nayeon realizes that it is a bad decision to come here with her friends but she can't correct it now.

While Chaeyoung is busy with her checking out Mina thing, Tzuyu is sitting silently beside her friend while she is staring at the golden hair girl. Sana is standing with her friends and they seem they are talking about something and laughing. She smiles automatically just by looking at that person. 

But at that time, Sana notices something and she walks beside the court. She then gives the water bottle to the white girl who is sitting beside the court tiriedly.The girl smiles widely when she sees Sana, they are now chatting about something that Tzuyu can't hear and Tzuyu shifts her gaze back to her feet. It's always bad to be the second person, right?

" Tzuyu-ahhhhh."

Tzuyu almost jumps in surprise when she hears the cute voice right beside her. She is too lost in her thoughts and she doesn't aware of Sana making her way to her. Even Chaeyoung is no longer beside her. Tzuyu smiles awkwardly and she greets Sana back.

" Hi, Sana unnie."

" Where have you been? I have been looking for you but you never appeared in front of me."

We all know that Sana is the natural flirt and she will say such sweet things to everyone but Tzuyu wants to fool herself at that time that those words are only for her.

" Are you done with your practice? "

" Yes, we are. We are about to go home but Eunbi unnie said she will rehearse her script with Chaeyeon here so we have to wait for her."

" Aww, come sit here? "

Tzuyu pads the empty seat beside her and Sana gladly joins, and the two sit together to watch thier friends and chatting about nonsense. Tzuyu doesn't care what they are talking, all she cares about is Sana who is busy with her hands for explaining about the new make-up that she had bought last week.

Tzuyu can say that Sana is a kind hearted girl. She feels warm just by listening to her complaints. Sana has that kind of cheerful vibe. It's something that attracts Tzuyu. Well, people didn't say opposite do attract for nothing, right?

The basketball team seems they are done with the training too. The players are taking thier things and they are out one by one. Chaeyeon is left as she needs to practice with Eunbi for their play. But Jeongyeon is still at the other side of the stadium and she is playing with a ball alone.

Hyewon is sitting at the corner and checking some famous photographers' art on her phone as she wants to avoid Eunbi. But her peaceful leisure is destroyed by Chaeyeon who is now smiling widely at her.

" What do you want? "

" Hyewon-ah, can you do me a favour? "

Chaeyeon asks and Hyewon frowns as she knows it is up to no good. But the basketball captain doesn't care and she puts a pile of papers in Hyewon's hand.

" Can you read as Romeo for a while? i mean Sakura is here and I want to spend some time with her. So, please help me."

" What?! "

" Please. Please. Please."

Chaeyeon is really annoying right now. Hyewon never knows that everyone's favorite Lee Chaeyeon is that much annoying. But she shakes her head and takes the papers from her, making Chaeyeon to hug her in happiness.

" Thank you, Chingu-ah."

" Shut up."

Hyewon sighs and she looks around the stadium to look for Eunbi. She finds the tiny girl sitting in the middle rows of the pavilion. She has no choice and so she makes her way to Eunbi who is still oblivious with the substitute Romeo.

" Eunbi unnie."

" Hyewon-ah."

Eunbi is surprised to see her. Hyewon sits beside her but two seats away from her as she shows the script in her hand.

" Chaeyeon said that she wanted to spend some time with Sakura and she asked me to practice with you."

" Oh, I got it."

It still feels a little awkward and they are both looking away from each other. They can see that Chaeyeon is now teaching Sakura how to throw the ball. She is standing beside Sakura and helps the shorter girl to hold the ball in proper way and how to throw. They are both laughing and enjoying themselves, making them to be jealous.

" Shall we start? "

" Ok. You should start to read these."

Eunbi points to some lines and Hyewon reads.

" Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vex'd a sea nourish'd with lovers' tears. Moya, what's wrong with these lines? "

Hyewon becomes shy as she reads the cheesy love lines and so does Eunbi. They both are turning red and Eunbi makes a fake cough to start reading her dialogues.

" O Romeo Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name, or if thou will not, be but sworn my love. And I'll no longer be a Capulet."

Eunbi is reading while she has her full attention on the script. She fails to notice that Hyewon is staring at her and thinking about something. Can you really let go of your Capulet, unnie? 

" Yah~ Kang Hyewon, you are not interested in it. Right? You are spacing out."

Eunbi tries to make a joke as she knows Hyewon has been staring at her for a certain time already. At first, she was thinking that Hyewon was mad at her but now, she doesn't think the younger girl is mad. She seems different from her usual self. Does something bothering her? But Hyewon takes back her usual cheerful smile again.

" Sorry, let's continue."

" Umm, ok."

While they are busy with their script reading, Mina is the one who is still in the changing room. She has nothing special to do so she just sits in the room and listens to the music with her earphones while waiting for her friends. She is closing her eyes and taking a rest when she feels that someone sits beside her.

Mina slowly opens her eyes and she sees Chaeyoung sitting beside her and staring at her face like a cute kitten. When she sees Mina opening her eyes, she immediately sniffs her nose and smiles which makes her look like a baby tiger. Mina removes her earphones and she glares at the younger girl.

" You are so creepy. I think you are some random person."

" Hehe. Sorry, unnie. I didn't want to disturb you so- "

" At least, give me a sound next time."

Mina scolds and Chaeyoung is just laughing nervously. Mina sighs and she puts the earphone back to its place. She knows that Chaeyoung si still looking at her and she sighs. She takes out her left earphone and gives it to the younger girl which Chaeyoung accepts gladly. She puts it in her ear and they listen to the random songs quietly.

Chaeyoung really enjoy the silence between them. It is not an awkward one. It feels comfortable and she can feel that Mina is comfortable with her presence. She really likes this.

" Yah, stop staring me like a creepy."

Mina said without opening her eyes which makes Chaeyoung widen her eyes in surprise. How she know I am staring at her? She immediately leans on her back and looks straight forward as she doesn't want to make Mina angry. But she can't help and she takes side glances at the perfection beside her secretly. Mina is laughing in her mind to the cute Chaeyoung beside her and she just decides to ignore the kid.

" SHUT UP!!! "

Everyone in the stadium jump in surprise ands stop whatever they are doing when they hear a loud voice. They all look at the other side of the stadium where Jeongyeon and Nayeon are standing and facing each other.

" You are no one to talk to me like this. We are nothing. We are just normal friends, okay?

Jeongyeon is yelling and Nayeon is staring at her with tears eyes. 

" Please stop acting like my someone special, Im Nayeon. We are nothing more but friends."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon runs out of the stadium while crying. Jeongyeon is about to run after her but she stops herself and angrily throws the ball to the floor. The ball makes a big Bang sound and jumps a few times on the floor. Jeongyeon takes her bag and leaves the stadium angrily making everyone to be left dumbfounded.

" What happened? "

The rest of the gang gather in the court and Momo sighs.

" It was my fault. I saw Nayeon unnie sitting alone and I advised her to go talk with Jeongyeon unnie. I thought it would work but it seemed they ended up badly. I'm sorry."

" It's not your fault. We all know that they were in love and now they are in heartbroken state."

" What about we do something about them? "

Tzuyu suggests and Momo looks at her. At that moment their eyes meet, Momo smirks in a devilish way.

" I have an idea. Let's go camping this weekend."

" Camp? "

" Yep, we will take them with us and make them realize what they really need. It's really depressing to see Nayeon unnie in that condition. Who are in, girls? "

Momo asks and Sana immediately raises her hand. Tzuyu follows and after that Chaeyeon and Sakura. 

" What are you doing, Minachan? You have to come no matter what."

" Arasso."

Mina said and Momo decides that Chaeyoung is also auto in. She then looks at the last girl who has been quiet the whole time.

" What about you Eunbi unnie? Will Siwon oppa let you go camping? "

She whispers the last part and Eunbi sighs. She looks at Hyewon and to her surprise, Hyewon is staring at her too. Oh, what's wrong with this girl? Her eyes seem they are talking. What are they trying to say? Eunbi wonders and she decides to find out about them by herself. She smiles brightly and nods.

" Of course, I will. I won't let you go without me."

" So, we all agree to go, right? This will be really fun."

Momo nods and she agrees with Sana.

" We will go this weekend. Make sure nothing will come in our way. And I'll explain the plan of taking Nayeon unnie and Jeongyeon unnie with us tomorrow."

" Nae."

They all answer in unison. Everyone becomes excited about the certain plan by Momo. But the Japanese girl is smirking herself in her mind. She believes that camping will help more than one couple on that day.