Beats by tayuna

Daehyun Zelo One Shot Collection

Beats

By 박희은

                Jung DaeHyun was fuming.  Not only had he lost his favorite mask, but HimChan had somehow broken his favorite pair of Beats.  It sat in disrepair in front of him in his room, parts awkwardly hanging out of it.  Since HimChan broke it, his friends had been afraid to approach him.  Even the rather manly YongGuk was afraid to come near.  Not wanting to have his hyung stay locked up in his room forever, Zelo called his girlfriend HeeEun [ A/N: oh god, I just had to, lolol.  He’s too cute to pass up ] to call her friend SeAh who was DaeHyun’s girlfriend to come over and make him happy again.

                After half an hour, the two girls came together and Zelo, who grinned at the sight of HeeEun, began to explain what happened.  SeAh frowned a little.  “Well, I’d get mad if someone broke my headphones….”

                “But DaeHyun-hyung won’t talk to anyone!  He’ll kick you out if you try and get in there.”

                SeAh nodded slowly and the three of them made their way to DaeHyun’s room.  From where they were in the hallway, they could hear the radio blasting music.  Cautiously, Zelo stuck his head into the room but ducked out again when a pillow went flying at his face.  “Hyung is still mad,” he mumbled, frowning. 

                SeAh put her head in, flinched when she saw his raised arm, and stepped inside when he put his arm down.  HeeEun and Zelo stared, amazed that she even made it past the door frame.  “Do you think she’ll make it out alive?” HeeEun asked.  Zelo laughed.  “I think so.  She’s the last person DaeHyun would beat up.”

                Meanwhile, in the room, the girl saw that his headphones were sitting in pieces on his desk.  “Hey there,” she said, turning her eyes towards him.  He mumbled a greeting, turned down the music, and sat down on his bed, staring into space with a frown.  SeAh sat beside him and nudged his shoulder with hers.  “DaeHyun-ah, cheer up.  I’m sure HimChan-oppa didn’t mean to break your headphones.”  She immediately regretted saying anything because DaeHyun’s brows furrowed even more.  “Ah, wait, why are you getting angrier?!  We can always buy new ones, you know.”  His facial expression didn’t change.  Not liking his angry look, she turned his face towards her and tried to smooth the wrinkles between his eyebrows, but it wouldn’t stay.  “If you keep your face like that, it’ll freeze…” she mumbled as she tried to fix his expression.  Pouting when he didn’t respond to her, she sighed and said, “Let’s go buy new Beats for you,” before grabbing his hands and pulling him up.  He wouldn’t budge. 

                Why are you so stubborn?! she thought to herself.  Thinking quickly, she thought of something that would surely make him smile: her [ non-existent-according-to-her-friends ] aegyo.  Kneeling in front of him, she asked in her cutest voice, “When will oppa be happy again?” She saw his jaw clench and in response blinked a few times for added effect.  When his lip didn’t even twitch, she pouted again and stood up, fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt. 

                Then, she heard one of SHINee’s songs come on and immediately she smiled and danced to the lyrics.  Noticing immediately, DaeHyun’s eyes widened and jealously flared in his eyes.  “Yah, SeAh-ya, you can’t dance to another group’s song so happily like that.”  She gave him a look that said, Oh really now.  She stuck her tongue out at him.  “Now you decide to talk.”  He gave her his breathtaking smile and pulled her onto his lap, kissing her cheek.  “Yeah, I just wanted to see how long you’d try and cheer me up.”  SeAh’s eyes widened and she playfully hit his chest.  He chuckled.  “Your aegyo was very cute, by the way.”  She blushed at his words and embarrassedly pursed her lips.  “Why didn’t you just tell me you weren’t angry…?”

“It’d be no fun that way.  Now, are we going to go buy my headphones or what?”