Crossed Paths

Lookbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eomma?"

"Adeul. I would like you to meet the CEO of KJ Inc. in our stead today. I know I said you didn't need to worry about it but your father and I will be attending an emergency meeting overseas." Jinki's mom briefed him with the situation as soon as he picked up the call. She seemed to be in a hurry.

"Yes, Eomma. May I know what time and where the meeting will be?" Jinki, being the well-mannered son, politely asked.

"Park Hyatt Seoul at the Timber House. 7:00pm. Be there. I have to leave now. We're boarding the plane in a while." Jinki could hear over the other line some announcements on the PA system.

"Thank you, Eomma. Have a safe flight."

 

 

Jinki buttoned up his black suit, bottom button left unclasped, as he stepped out of the elevator. He made his way to the Timber House, a swanky fine dining restaurant and vinyl music bar. Its interior resembled that of a traditional Korean hanok but with a modern twist making Jinki feel a bit nostalgic.

One corner featured a table with two vinyl record players. Shelves beside it were stuffed with a huge collection of vinyl records, probably dating back to the 1960s, and a modern sound system conveniently situated in the middle. For a vinyl enthusiast, it would be a perfect haven to chill, preferred alcoholic beverage in hand.

As he looked around, Jinki caught sight of the grand piano, evoking a desire to try it since he got curious how it would sound with his playing. He almost lost track of time but a vibration in his pocket reminded him of an alarm he set specifically for this appointment. He would just ask later if he could try it.

Jinki made his way to the receptionist and asked about the reservation his mother made. After confirmation, he was led to a private booth with comfortable cushion seats on opposing sides of the table.

While waiting, Jinki ordered Deluxe Sashimi. He'd been craving it for a while now. It would be best to take this opportunity to satisfy his cravings. The set had a mouth-watering assortment of premium cuts of fresh fish and shellfish skillfully plated. 

Once he was set with his order, the waiter excused himself leaving Jinki with a chance to look around. He spotted a man, probably tonight's performer, setting up his piano scores and testing if the grand piano has been tuned.A sound technician was helping him setup, bringing over a microphone with a stand.

"Excuse me. Are you Mr. Lee Jinki of LCH Holdings?" Jinki was enthralled with the preparations that it startled him when he heard a soft, clearly feminine voice. 

"Uhm, yes. And you must be the CEO of KJ Inc.?" Jinki stood, bowing to show respect. He offered his hand for a protocol handshake.

"Yes. Kim Sodam. Nice to meet you, Jinki-ssi." She accepted the offer and gently shook hands with him. He noticed she was a little shy so he showed her a warm welcoming smile. She seemed to have relaxed.

"Please have a seat." Jinki offered the seat opposite his by pulling it out for and let her take the seat, making sure she sat comfortably.

"My parents had to attend an emergency meeting so I am the designated representative to meet with you tonight." He explained. "Before we discuss matters though, please order anything you want." He called for the waiter to take Sodam's order.

"I'd like a Tonkatsu Ramen, please. I'll just have water. That would be all." Sodam nodded her head at the waiter then she turned her focus back to Jinki. "What about you?"

"I already ordered sashimi. We can share it." Jinki may have noticed Sodam blush a little regarding sharing but he ignored it.

"So, Sodam-ssi, are the terms in the proposal to your liking or would you want a few changes?" Jinki began with the discussion of terms. He remembered he was doing this in behalf of his busy parents so he had to make sure contract signing would be possible.

"Uhm, Jinki-ssi." Sodam started, a little uneasy. "Your parents and I have already finished contract signing. Your mom just requested for me to meet with you tonight." 

"Meet?" Jinki's eyebrows furrowed, slightly confused. Since when has eomma meddled with my personal life..?

"Yes." She chuckled, probably remembering something his eomma said to her, making Jinki all the more confused.

So this...is a setup? A flustered Jinki imagined how his very own mother convinced this beautiful innocent lady to connive with her for this blind date to happen.

"Oh my! I'm very sorry about my mom's behavior."

"It's OK. Let's just enjoy tonight's dinner, to celebrate the new partnership between LCH Holdings and KJ Inc." Sodam this time tried to make the mood a little less awkward.

It worked. Jinki wholeheartedly agreed with Sodam's smart reasoning. "Right. I've been craving sashimi for a while now."

"Silly. You shouldn't have offered to share it with me a while ago." Sodam mock scolded. Jinki found it charming that she was able to break the ice between the two that both managed to laugh.

They now engaged in a more casual conversation as the waiter brought their orders.
 

 

"Kibummmie, stay close to me. Don't go too far, OK?" Seven-year-old Kibum was instructed by his same-age best friend Minho.

"It's hide-and-seek, Minho. I can hide really well." Kibum retorted.

"But-"

"It's not cops and robbers. They won't ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter