His Best Friend's Duty

Lookbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 missed calls.

Choi Minho’s handphone screen lit up for the third time. He immediately knew who it was but the caller had to wait. Just a few more minutes.

Minho was busy inserting the last clips for the video he was editing. In his peripheral vision, he could see his handphone screen flashing as the calls were made but he needed to finish his work in less than 30 minutes.

30 minutes. He can wait.

Despite reassuring himself this, worries continue to flood his thoughts. Luckily, video editing is like second nature to him or he wouldn't be able to focus while having troublesome thoughts that couldn't wait for later.

Minho checked the time while he finally uploaded his work. 5 minutes left. He impatiently watched the numbers counting up his screen. He wondered why every time one is in a hurry, the uploads would be deliberately slow as if testing his patience, which, with him is close to non-existent.

[ Upload Complete ]

As soon as he saw that prompt, he stood up pushing his swivel chair back, grabbed his phone and hurriedly went outside of their department.

He had to call back. ASAP.

"Bummie? What’s wrong? Sorry, I wasn't able to answer your calls a while ago." Minho immediately asked the moment he heard a voice on the other line.

"Uhm, Minho. Hi. It's OK. It's not THAT kind of emergency. I was just wondering if we could meet today."

Kibum on the other line was tinkering with his lips, a bit anxious of what he was about to ask. "Also, uhm, can we talk about something?"

"Sure. I'll be out in a few minutes. Let's meet at your favorite BBQ place."

"Thank you, Minho. See you."

"See you."

[ Call Ended ]

Minho hurried back to his desk so he could fix his things then clock out of the office. he had to get to Kibum as soon as possible. His bestfriend needed him. He had always been there for him so this time wouldn't be any different.

 

 

Their unique friendship started when they were very young at a daycare center. Both of Kibum's parents were busy with work so they couldn't leave him home alone. One day his mother found a daycare center near the hospital she worked at so she decided to bring Kibum there.

Young boys at the center would play with all the boys' toys leaving nothing for him to play with. So, instead, he would just sit in a corner, grab some crayons and draw on the table.

Minho was this young boy at the center who always made friends with everyone. He didn't need to play with the toys at the center since his mother always packed his own toys for him. But, he would share his toys with the other kids and eventually get scolded if he lost some of them.

One day, he saw Kibum sitting at the corner as usu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter