Desperate

Lookbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minho! Over here." 

Kibum waved as he saw a familiar tall gentleman wearing a black three quarter sleeve fit top enter the BBQ place and ask the receptionist. He was already seated at a table with a BBQ grill. 

Before heading to Kibum who just called for him, Minho took off his black cap releasing his gorgeous wavy black hair then running them through his fingers which somehow caught the attention of a few people including the receptionist. Kibum only shook his head and smirked as he witnessed that short attention-grabbing moment. He was used to having his best friend easily attract attention.

"Hey." 

Minho finally made his way to their table. He carefully folded his jacket and placed it on the extra chair beside the seat he took. He then placed his black cap on top.

"Sorry, I got caught in traffic." Minho felt the need to apologize. He always did whenever he would arrive a little later than Kibum.

"Silly, you weren't late. Also, you don't need to apologize every time we meet."

"But-"

Minho was interrupted when a server arrived with a variety of meat, lettuce, and some banchan Kibum ordered. She carefully placed each plate onto their table making them just watch silently. As soon as she was done, Minho initiatied the conversation.

"Anyway, so, how are you? You look...rather anxious or am I wrong?"

"Oh Minho, you keep saying the exact same thing every single time. You worry too much about me, I'm beginning to worry."

Kibum picked up the meat fat with one of the kitchen tongs they were provided and slid it on the now heated grill to oil it. As the fat melted, the grill now glistened with meat fat oil coating the hot surface. He started placing the thinly sliced meat first.

"How can I not when in each of our meetings you become an emotional mess?" Minho scowled.

Hearing this, Kibum stopped placing some meat on the grill and looked at Minho now irritated that he always had to mention the obvious.

"OK. Fine. I'm doing great. Except that my father almost disowned me for quitting my job at MF Inc." Kibum was about to breakdown but he held it in although tears were beginning to form at the corners of his fox like eyes.

The scowl on Minho's face was immediately replaced with worry. He instinctively reached out to his best friend's trembling hand and reassured him by holding him tight.

"It's going to be OK, Bummie. It's going to be OK." Even though Minho knew words wouldn't comfort Kibum at moments like this, he still said it over and over, more for himself than for the teary-eyed man before him.

Kibum's lips thinned as he struggled to prevent them from trembling. He tightened his grip on Minho's hand and took a deep breath to try calm himself down.

It took a few seconds for Kibum to finally regain composure. Minho now became cautious with his words for he feared that with just one upsetting word, Kibum would instantly burst into tears.

"Let's eat first. The meat's getting burned." Minho grabbed one of the tongs so he could pick up some cooked meat and place some on Kibum's plate then on his own.

Kibum just nodded and grabbed his chopsticks. He wasn't in the mood to talk so he just focused on eating. He grabbed a lettuce with one hand and picked up meat using chopsticks with the other, dipping it in some ssamjang before placing it on the lettuce. He then picked up some kimchi, grilled garlic and onions then wrapped them up and stuffed them in his mouth. Had he not been too emotional, he would have exclaimed "Mmm! Masitda!" enjoying the burst of flavors in his mouth.

"Masisseo."

Kibum looked up, wide-eyed, breaking out of trance. "Hmm?"

"It's delicious. Try this." Minho wrapped up a combination of me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter