A Glimpse Outside

Lookbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eomma, how are you? You and abeoji have been quite busy lately. Should I help you close the deal with KJ Inc.?"

Lee Jinki, son of well-known and highly respected chaebol owners in South Korea, lovingly embraced his mother after politely entering her office. Having been born into this family, he only spent his childhood days with his nanny and tutors. However, his mother made sure to spend short but quality time with him which made him develop a certain affection towards her thus their rather close relationship.

"No need, my dear. You best focus on completing your paper works for the company we're establishing for you. It is as important." His mom reassured him with a loving smile that also signified gratitude and appreciation to his responsible son. They broke off the embrace with Jinki getting a gentle pat on the shoulder from her.

"Business matters aside, have you found a suitable partner already? There were potential candidates among the ladies you've met so far. My secretary provided me reports of your meetings."

Hearing this, Jinki hesitated answering for a few seconds. He was often bothered by this since he really wanted to please his mother but there weren't any that could match his personality yet. The ladies he met were all great and respectful yet they lacked something Jinki was looking for. Or perhaps because he remembered someone he hadn't gotten over yet for years.

"Not yet but I promise I will find one soon, eomma. I need to make sure you will have the perfect daughter-in-law who can be of assistance to our business." He replied with a reassuring smile.

"Oh dear, don't worry about that. You should find someone you will love and who will love you back as you are. Your father will understand or I will make him."

If his mom was easy to please, his father had always been difficult. He had been strict and busy that he had no time to be there for Jinki, not even during his graduation. However, he sent generous gifts but for Jinki, gifts wouldn't mean a thing if his presence was always missing. Post graduation their interactions, even during business meetings, had always ended in unresolved arguments. Eventually, Jinki gave up winning over his father's affection. He still had respect for the man but their relationship would be strictly professional.

 

 

Jinki was in his 3rd year in college. He only had 2 more years and his days of pretending to study to acquire a diploma from one of the most prestigious schools in the country would finally be over and done with. His father suggested-imposed would be the more appropriate term-that he attend college despite having been homeschooled by the best of the best tutors and advisers just so the public would acknowledge that his son officially graduated from a well-known university.

One day, Jinki was on his way to the building where he would have his Business class when someone,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter