Living Together

Lookbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minho-yah~ can we go to your apartment?"

"Mine?" 

Minho was surely taken aback by this sudden request. He didn't expect Kibum would choose to talk at his apartment of all places. He usually would want to head home or sober up at some convenient store.

"Uhm, sure." 

He didn't have a choice. Anywhere else would be too much of a hassle. So, Minho led Kibum to his car, a black JCW Mini Cooper.

"Minho." Kibum broke the silence while Minho was driving. He seemed to be a bit sober now due to the long drive.

"Hmm?"

"You weren't lying, were you?"

"No."

"I mean... I... I gave up my lavish apartment."

"What?" Minho almost swerved his car after hearing Kibum's revelation. "So where are you staying now? What rent were you talking about then?"

"I stayed with my grandma for a while. But I didn't want to be a freeloader so I told her I'll share the expenses with her. You know how my family is. We always chip in for things we share." Kibum explained.

"Yes. And?"

"I want to move out and find a cheaper apartment, but I haven't found one yet that's within my budget." Kibum leaned his head on the passenger seat window, worry now visible on his face.

A few minutes went by in silence.

They finally arrived at the parking area of Minho's apartment. Before they went out, Minho turned to Kibum and asked, "What if we share my apartment?"

Kibum looked at Minho with raised eyebrows, shocked at what he just heard. "Minho, it's a serious matter!" Kibum couldn't help but slap Minho's arm. His imagination may have run wild, or at least a little.

"Hey what was that for? I'm being serious! Of course we divide rent." Minho scowled while he rubbed his throbbing arm. Kibum may be physically weaker than him but his slaps hit hard.

"Where the hell would I sleep? I don't want to sleep on the same bed with you!"

"I don't want to sleep with you either!" Minho retorted. Who in his crazy mind would think he could sleep with a man on the same bed? Kibum could sometimes get on his nerves. "I have an extra bedroom you can use. Let's get out of here so you can see how it looks."

Kibum would still want to insist but realizing they were in an inconvenient place to argue, he decided to save his arguments for later.

 

 

Minho entered a combination on the number pad and the door unlocked.

"C'mon." He invited Kibum into apartment.

They walked through a short hall that led to a stylish minimalist living room by the window. It gave off a manly vibe to it which mostly consisted of black, gray and white furniture and appliances. If there was any splash of colour, it only had to be from the taupe throw pillows and a huge abstract painting that resembled the deep blue ocean with bioluminescent sea creatures. Despite the lack of bright colours, Kibum still felt welcome. Perhaps it was because of that gray plush fur blanket draped on one side of the black long couch.

Minho noticed Kibum looking at the fur blanket. He had to clarify before his best friend might have misconceptions about him. "Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter