Piqued Interest

Lookbook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A group of reporters and camera men surrounded a slick young man as he got out of his limousine assisted by his two body guards. He had air of dignity around him that indicated he is a son of one of the respected chaebol families in the country. However, he wasn't dressed up in the usual corporate attire. Instead, he wore a black ed blazer with an inner glittering black fishnet top, nothing underneath showing off his lean yet muscular torso. Rather than corporate trousers, he wore a black tight-fitting pair of stylishly ripped jeans. His hair was slightly gelled and brushed up to the right in a clean, slick look showing off the undercut on the left. In other words, he was mesmerizing.

As he stepped out of the limousine, he took off his customized Cartier sun glasses revealing the most captivating pair of dark brown eyes. He passed by the crowd of reporters who somehow got pushed back by some unseen force keeping them away from blocking his way until one brave soul held her microphone with YK News logo in front of him.

"Mr. Lee Taemin, is it true that you will be launching a new fashion brand soon?" The reporter bravely attempted to question him.

Taemin, however, simply winked at her making her stagger a bit. He had an abounding charisma that could cripple anyone attempting to resist him. Despite that 'heavy' blow, her strong will to get some scoop took over so she followed and kept asking him in vain until he disappeared behind the revolving glass doors of the HQ office of LCH Holdings.

"Hyung, how has it been?" Taemin stormed into the office of his older brother, Lee Jinki, without warning.

Seeing his brother in his peripheral vision while reading some reports, Jinki shook his head in annoyance. His younger brother would always interrupt him the way he did now. He looked up to see his brother's smiling face, obviously expecting some good news.

"Mm. Paper works are almost complete. xTaem has been registered as a trademark. In a month, you'll be able to launch your business." Jinki only stated the necessary, no additional small talk. Since he was busy, he didn't want to engage in a conversation with his younger brother who he always knew to be a chatterbox.

"That's great news, hyung! Also, I need to talk to you about something."

"What? Can't this wait? I'm in the middle of making a critical decision."

"But hyung, it's business-related."

Jinki held up a hand that shushed his brother while he was still reading the report. Taemin complied, leaning on the table as he waited impatiently.

 

 

Kibum was still sulking with what happened last night. He sat on the couch hugging his bent legs wrapped in the gray fur plush blanket. Somehow, that spot on the couch had become his little comfort zone. He kept glaring at Minho as the other played Pro Evolution Soccer on the Xbox.

Minho excitedly jumped from the other end of the couch and pumped up his fists, controller still in one hand, as he scored a goal in his single player soccer game. It was his day off so he had time to catch up with his Xbox games. He caught a glimpse of Kibum at the corner of his eye glaring at him so he turned check on him.

"Nae? Still mad about the agreement?"

Kibum looked away and pouted his lips which made Minho fail to hold back a chuckle. He found it cute whenever his best friend would do that while sulking. However, this slightly bothered him so he had to reassure Kibum it wasn't a big deal.

"Hey, don't worry about it too much. I won't use it unfairly against you. You're also determined to pay, right?"

However, this only warranted Minho the wrath of Poseidon that he shuddered at the sight and just went back to playing his game. He knew it would take a whole day for Kibum to get over such trivial matters. Perhaps, he would have to deal with his sulky best friend later.

 

When you look sulky,
I have to use my instincts to find the reason

It worries me when your words get cold
All day, I only think about how to melt you
I only think about that

I love you so I hate you, hate you, hate you
Without any troubles or worries, I want you, you[*]

 

 

"Ok, I'm done. What is it, Taemin?"

Jinki set aside his handphone. He had just finished discussing matters with a business partner over the phone.

Taemin didn't really wait long but he was already sporting a frown to let his older brother know he lost his patience. "Hyung, you made me wait. I'm disappointed."

"Is that all? I have to leave in a while."

"I'm kidding, hyung. Please! Hear me out first. I have a legit proposal." Taemin begged his hyung who was about to get up from his swivel chair. He had to grab the other's wrist to hold him back and talk.

"Listen. I found Key."

"Your car key? You lost them again?"

"Hey no, I never lose my car key. Maybe I did." Taemin's voice faded as he searched for his car key in his pockets. "Wait where was it-OH! I used eomma's limo so I left my car key at the apartment. Anyway..."

Jinki could only shake his head in disbelief that his younger brother, although sly, was very forgetful, especially important things like his handphone and car key.

"Key is that fledgling fashion designer who entered Seoul Fashion Week months ago. His designs went viral online for being fresh and unique." Jinki nodded as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter