Chapter 5

30 Days with You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dude, you okay? You’re spacing out.”

 

“H-Huh? Ah, yes. I’m just gonna go out, ‘kay? I’m gonna buy something to drink.”

 

“Okay, be back immediately or just text me incase we’re not here anymore when you get back,” I just nod and went out of the arcade. My friends insist to hang-out at the mall before going home. (A/N: Malls in the Philippines has arcades inside it like TimeZone and such, I don’t know in other places though)

 

My head ached slightly because of the noise inside and also because I never have enough sleep before that day.

 

That guy didn’t let me sleep, he ruined my mind. I didn’t see him that day, I know I must be glad, because there is no one pestering me anymore but that’s not what I felt. I’m sad, I miss him. I was walking towards the exit when something caught my eye, it was the toy catcher that we played on before. I stopped and the list came to my mind. The last time I tried it, I still never got to catch the rilakkuma stuffed toy.

 

I walked towards the toy catcher, I saw that the rilakkuma stuffed toy he wanted was still there. I really want to catch it for him. I didn’t notice that I’ve been trying again and again, and again until I caught the toy, I didn’t know how many times I tried.

 

I wasted all my money just to get that rilakkuma stuffed toy, I never thought that I’m serious in getting it. That’s the only thing I know that can make him smile so wide. Realization hit me that time, it’s been so long since I’ve become serious to something or someone and it feels good.

 

I kept on playing with the plush toy, I smiled when I imagine it pouting at me. I took my cellphone out from my pocket and searched his contact on my phone book. Luckily, he wrote his number on the list and I managed to saved it.

 

That boy.

 

I laughed when I finally found his name on my phone book, that’s what I set as his name because until now, I still don’t know what his name is. We have a weird relationship, we are together for a long time but never once did he mention his name to me. And I just let it go.

 

                -to: that boy; You said on the list to never let you cry or else you’ll punch me, I’m sorry if I made you cry, okay? Don’t punch me anymore, just smile for me instead😊 I already caught the rilakkuma stuff toy that you wanted 😊 😊

 

I sent the message to him, I didn’t get a reply immediately. Until I arrived home, that I heard my cellphone dinged.

 

                -from: that boy; ☹

 

That was his only reply, a sad face. I creased my forehead and thought about it. I changed into my pajamas and laid on my bed while still looking at his reply. What’s the meaning of it? I thought he will be happy of my text.

 

                -to: that boy; why?

 

                -from: that boy; didn’t we break up already? ☹

               

                -to: that boy; the 30 days is not over yet, isn’t it? ☹

 

With too much use of the sad face, my lips also turned upside down just like the sad face while staring at my cellphone screen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter