Joy x Kai: Misstep

Joy One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JOY X KAI: MISSTEP.

 

 

SM university in Korea is one of the hardest and toughest esteemed universities to get into. Almost all their students are popular but there are those that stand out more than others. One of those famous students was Park Sooyoung or most known as Joy who was finishing up a call with a director. Ending the call calmly, she walks quietly to her dorm room where four of her best friends were. Joy a 2nd year student of SM university was titled as CF princess and acting prodigy, and to add to her reputation she also dated famous singer Sungjae Yook for a year. Joy was even one of the spokesperson for the school and often attended popular events held by them.

Reaching her dorm room, Joy opens the door to Yerim a first year student fighting over control of the remote for the tv with Wendy a fourth year student.

One of the other fourth year students, Seulgi was laying on the top bunk and drawing in her sketchbook, she was the first to notice that Joy finally came back, but just a bit earlier than they expected. Joohyun the oldest of the five girls in her fourth year also, had her back turned waiting for instant ramen to finish warming up in the microwave.

"Hey Joy. You're early?" Seulgi said jumping off the ladder of their bunk bed, and sat down on Irene's bed.

Yerim who won the remote over a game of Rock paper scissors, looked over curiously to Joy, "Don't tell me you finished two laps already?"

Joy who was wearing her usual running attire, sat down on her bed behind the couch where Yerim was. Joy usually runs two laps around the neighborhood every second night to keep her body in shape, and she does this at night because she has early classes.

"I ended it short." Joy said in one breath, her eyes started to get teary. Wendy who noticed immediately sat next to her.

"What's wrong Sooyoungie?" Wendy said patting her back softly.

"I got off the phone with the director for the new movie." Joy gulped down making her voice more clear.

Joohyun put her ramen on the table to cool before sitting next to Seulgi on her own bed. Yerim stopped her show and looked behind her to listen to Joy.

"I-I got the role."  Joy finally said with a smile and a tear rolling down her cheek.

The girls froze, Wendy cheered and gave Joy a big hug, "Yah why are you crying!"

The rest of the girls finally joined Wendy and tackled Joy, while cheering and congratulating her. Joy didn't know why she was crying, probably because all her hard work, and all the failed auditions she had done, she finally felt she had accomplished towards her dream towards becoming an actress. Joy left the girls and went to take a shower, when she came back, and found Joohyun eating ramen sitting next to Seulgi who was on her phone. The rest of the girls passed out on the couch with the television still on. Joy was drying her hair with a towel when her phone lit up on her bed. He picked it up, and saw an email sent from the director. The email basically was saying 'Welcome to the cast. I'm director Lee. Memorise this dance choreograph and you should at least have to basics of dancing.'

Joy let out a sigh, dancing was definitely not her strong suit, opening the video of the dance, the moves were too hard for her to comprehend. Joy sat next to Seulgi and pouted.

"Unnie? Can you help me?" Joy asked Seulgi.

Seulgi read the email and watched the video, "This is easy to remember, you'll be fine. As long as you know the basics of dancing." Seulgi shrugged, she looked over to Joy who bit the corner of her lip.

"You don't know the basics!" Seulgi yelled, which surprised Joohyun who was peacefully slurping her noodles.

"That's why I need help from one of the best dancers of SM." Joy begged her.

"I wish I could, but I'm busy with my dance assignment and the showcase." Seulgi frowned, but then her eyes lit up, "You could come to the dance club in the evenings."

Joy eyes widen. The dance club the happens after lectures at 7pm everyday are for the elite dancers. Legendary students go to that club, like Eunhyuk, Taemin, Hyoyeon, and others. It's like the hotspot for the biggest dancers like Seulgi to go to. Joy couldn't risk embarrassing herself infront of her sunbaenims.

"Are you sure I can even go to a place like that?" Joy asked.

Seulgi nodded, "Of course, then other dancers there can help or you could just learn from watching them."

Joy started feeling better, "So there's no need for me to dance infront of them right?"

Seulgi answered yes, "It's not some high society club, calm down. I'll see you there at 7. Got it." Seulgi said while yawning. She put away her sketching book, before climbing up onto her bunk bed. Joy got up to call it a night also, after doing an endless night routine.

The next day, Joy was not in the dorm room at 7 am, but doodling in her psychology notes while her Professor gave a lecture on Introverted versus Extroverted people. Joy tried to listen in to the best of her capabilities, however she her mind kept thinking of the the script that she had already memorized on her way to the classroom. When to the class was over, the students were given assignments to write essays about what they see themselves as and about a friend or family member who is the opposite.

The class had finally finished, Joy packed up her things and unintentionally ignored her classmates and walked out the classroom. Joy was not feeling her usual self, she was emotionless, and full of worry. The status she built in her school would fall and be ridiculed when the rest of the school sees her dancing. Joy shook her head and tried to get all those negative thoughts out of her head. Her head was down, and she wasn't paying attention to where she was going. Joy had bumped into a male student, which awoken her from her thoughts and caused their papers to fall out of their hands from the impact.

Joy looked up, and immediately apologized a bunch of times, mentally face palming thinking how stupid she was to be so distracted.

The student she bumped into kept his head down, while picking up his paper. "Sorry, Sorry again." Joy apologized again. She really did feel bad, at that point she must've realized how out of it she was.

"Its nothing." He lowly spoke, that even Joy would've probably not heard it. He walks past joy, and she catches a glimpse of his face. The student was handsome, tall and tanned, fitting to Joy's type, it was definitely not a face she would forget. Joy picks up her last piece of paper, when she notices that it didn't belong to her.

Joy looks behind her, but couldn't spot the man anywhere. She shrugged her shoulders and decided to give it back whenever they met again. Joy went to the last of her lectures, before taking a break in the library. She sat next to Irene who was usually surrounded by both male and female fans. Irene was like Joy, just at a higher level. Whereas Joy was more into acting, Irene made more appearances in CF's and modeling gigs due to her unrivalled beauty. Joy left Irene for a short moment to get a book to read. Finding her book, she frowned. The library had placed on a much higher bookshelf then she remembered. She looked around for anyone tall to help her, but they were all probably busy and she didn't want to waste their time.

"Ok, if I can't reach it. I'll give up." She whispered to herself. Stretching her arm, and going on her tip toes, she managed to touch the lowest part of the book's spine before it was taken out her hands from behind her. Joy turns around, and sees the same guy from before. "Its you!" She whispered shouted.

The guy looked at her confused, he probably already forgotten. "Here." He handed her the book.

"Thanks." Joy recieved the book, he was about to leave again when she remembered that his stuff was with her, "Hey! I accidentally picked up your stuff instead of mine." She had speed walked to him to stop.

Joy walked him to the end of the shelf where you could see other students working at the tables. She pointed at the area filled with people and Irene who was peacefully taking notes. "It's back at the table I was working at."

The guy froze for a second, and he finally realized who this girl was. "I-it's alright. I don't need them." And then walked aways hurriedly.

"But you haven't even checked-" Joy's voice trailed off when she notice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter