The Progress

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like how her family always does, it's a Saturday Family Night.

 

'You should know I'm home. Just a reminder. I got here first' Bomi has been looking at her phone like a fool while typing her message to her brother.

 

'You better be here in ten minutes. Dad has been pestering me about you and Naeun' she sends after moving in the couch. Sitting between her parents

 

"Where have you been?" her mother asked. Placing a hand on her thigh.

 

"I texted Taemin. He should be here by now. But he isn't replying on any of my messages" she responded. Head bouncing up and down on the sofa's head rest

 

"Just tell me how they are doing. Its not that your betraying him" her dad interrupted. His hands are constantly tapping on the couch.

 

"Hon, just let Taem tell you the stories. Stop bothering your daughter." Bomi leaned closer to her mom. Facing her father. Wriggling her eyebrows. And the old man sighed audibly, realizing his defeat. 

 

"Fine. But it's not that Taem and Naeun is a secret. We know they are dating. He even brought her here, on our party. What's the catch on keeping it from us" her dad reached for Bomi. After holding the other's hand, he playfully wave those. Somehow begging his daughter to spill something.

 

But it didn't work

 

"Stop it dad. Taem will tell you everything" the younger girl said. Taking her hands from her father.

 

"Yeah yeah. I've heard that! I just have to remind you princesses that every time he's here. He's not even telling me anything" the old man shifted on his seat. Back settled on the arm rest. Eyes rested on the tv.

 

Both girls laughed on the old man's remarks.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello~ Hello~"

 

"Finally! You are here. Come on. I'm starving. Let's go to the dining. Your mom cooked lasagna for dinner. Bomi's already inside. I guess you lost today" Mr. Lee exclaimed. Not even paying attention to the other person getting out of the car.

 

"Good evening, sir" a girl on skirt greeted as soon as she went out of the passenger's seat.

 

"Oh! Hi. Good evening" the old guy looked at his son. Confusion traces on his face, asking for an explanation.

 

"Dad, she's my girlfriend" Taemin said. Holding the girl next to him. Hand safely placed on waist

 

"I'm Seulgi, sir. Nice meeting you" the girl extended her hands, which the old man didn't reject

 

"Come in. Let's have some dinner inside. We have been waiting. We didn't know you'll bring someone. But don't worry, for sure your mom cooked enough" the father said, leading the way inside.

 

Mr. Lee almost run through the house. Rushing, until finally sitting on the dining.

 

"He's with someone" he whispered. Head low as he speaks. Making sure that the news he delivered was received by the persons feet away from him, not by the persons walking just behind.

 

Bomi clearly heard everything. She flinched. Worried that it will be Naeun. Embarrassed with all she did the last time they met. Though she barely remembered. But his mischievous brother revealed everything to her. 

 

"Hello, fam. Ssshhhsss. I know. I'm sorry I'm super late. I went to her house first" Taemin shouted on the entrance of the dining room.

 

Smiling like he used to do. Hands circling on the waist of the girl he's standing with. Bomi has her head down

 

She's certain, its Naeun 

 

"Mom, Dad, Bbom. Meet Seulgi. She's my girlfriend" that introduction made Bomi lift her head up. Meeting the eyes of the other girl. "Seulgi, that's my dad. Well, you met him a while ago. That's mom, obviously. And that pretty girl is my lovely sister. Please don't get to close to her. She's a chic magnet" he blurted out in his playful voice. Making everyone laugh. Except, Bomi. 

 

"Seulgi?" she burst out. Glare move from the girl to the guy.

 

As soon as she heard from their father that Taemin is with someone, she wishes its not who she expected. But now she's shocked to see other girl rather than Naeun. 

 

Taemin and Seulgi made their move to the empty seats. Facing the gazes of confused people in the table. 

 

"Hello, Ma'am. Nice to finally meet you" Seulgi smiled to Mrs. Lee. Slightly bow while sitting next to Taemin. 

 

"Hi. Seulgi. Nice to see you too. You are... Pretty. I didn't know my son has been dating you. I mean..." Taemin cleared his throat. Making the older woman looked at him. He smiled and nodded very slowly

 

Its a cue for his mother to stop talking. Not that he doesn't want his mother to speak, but because he knows they are expecting other person. The old woman understands the she doesn't have to open about what is on her mind right now. 

 

"I met her again on a business trip. We were school mates" Taemin speaks. Putting some food on his girlfriend's plate. 

 

"We did a collaboration before. When we were still studying" Seulgi continued. Proud about what she said. 

 

"I see. So, you're of the same age?" Mrs. Lee asked.

 

"No ma'am. I am a year younger. I inherited my father's company. I didn't continue school and learned first hand with the business men and women I worked with.

" the youngest among the girls answer. 

 

"Ahh. Her age. Just like Naeun" immediately, Mr. Lee covered his mouth

 

Everyone looked at him. Very confuse. They didn't hear what he said. 

 

"What, honey?"

 

"Nothing!"

They spend the night just like how they usually do. Eat dinner, talk about the week they didn't see each other, tease whenever they had the chance. Just the slight silence of Bomi is changed. No, she has not been speaking the whole meal. The whole story telling they had in the couch. She was busy eying how Taemin laughs with Seulgi. How he's hands where intact on the girl's waist. How he whispered sweet things on her younger's ears that made the latter giggle and unable to hide her blushing cheeks. How he always makes sure that Seulgi is sitting comfortably. How he don't mind whenever Bomi looks at him. How deep her gazes were. How mad she is right now. 

 

"I will just send Seulgi home. I'll be fast, okay?" Taemin kissed his mother's cheek a goodbye. Bowed slightly to his dad which received a light tap on his shoulders. "And Bbom. Don't sleep yet" he wink on his sister that was silently leaning on the front door.

 

She nodded and look at Seulgi. "Good night. Have a safe drive" smiled her most friendly smile. Which definitely looks awful.

 

"Thank you... Unnie" the younger girl smiled. About to leaned her cheek when Bomi stood straight and went inside. It was an awkward moment for Taemin's girlfriend but they don't bother to question the actions of the other girl. Naaah. Not they don't bother to ask, they had no chance. As she almost in a speed of light, now in her room. 

 

"She's a little bit tired. She came from her site visit just few days ago. And she hasn't get some rest because of her internship. Please don't misunderstand her, Seulgi" Mrs. Lee accepted the hanging cheek to cheek kiss of the younger. 

 

"I understand, Ma'am. I know she's kind" remembering how the older girl assisted her while getting some vegetables on the other side of the table. And when Bomi accompanied her to the restroom. Though they didn't talk, as the other was busy scribbling thing she doesn't know in her phone. "Maybe she is really just tired" after bowing very politely, she walked to the other side of the car. Waving her hand as her last gesture of farewell 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Lee smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sweetheart. I know you're not sleeping. That was so rude of you, isn't?" Mr. Lee said. Peeking his head on Bomi's room after knocking three times on her door. 

 

Bomi was curled up in her bed. Back facing her door. She didn't show a single movement despite her parents' presence in her bedroom.

 

"Bbom-ah!" firm but full of concern. He softly pulled the blanket, showing a bit of his daughter's head. 

 

"I'm sorry dad. I'm just tired" she reasoned out. Still on her position 

 

Her mother brushed some hair in her face. Tugging in carefully in her ears. That action always made Bomi weak. Its like her mother is saying t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter