Things Have Changed

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Whoa! These flowers are withered. And so is these. These? Not much” Yerin has been walking through the bouquet of flowers on Hayoung’s bed room.

She gave Hayoung a visit after the latter texted her to come and see what she has on her bed room.

“Heeey! You got these today?” She asked, holding the freshly delivered flowers.

“Apparently” Hayoung replied. Closing the bathroom door.

“So?” she eyed her friend, waiting for the next words. “What’s your plan?” she added after noticing how deep Hayoung’s thought was.

“Nothing!”

“Nothing?”

“Yeah! Don’t shout! Mom’s still home. She’ll hear you!” the taller girl said, holding her index finger next to her lips.

“Sorry!” giving a sly but embarrassed smile. “We had that very awkward situation a while earlier. She was doing something in your terrace and I met her eyes. She actually looked at me like I’m some of a gangster who influenced you to do drugs” she said in a whisper, nodding to the old lady who’s placing the snacks Hayoung asked a while ago.

“Naaah! She was just surprised to see a very well-known actress in our house” making the situation a bit lighter. Though, the taller knows her mother well. And the way the shorter describes and interprets it, she was not wrong.

“Funny!” Yerin sat down the bed. Ignoring the newly brought snacks on the coffee table.

“This is not yours!” the taller actress exclaimed. Snatching a box of chocolates.

“You are so selfish. You told me to come over and talk about that. And you are not even sharing that to me?” focused on the thing she was holding a little while before it was steal.

“The message was, ‘Come and see what I have here. I need someone to talk to’. I need someone to talk to, okay? Not someone to share this with” holding the chocolates beside her face. Mocking on her friend, who has been glaring at her, the moment she took the box.

She sat at the small couch inside her bedroom. Facing her sulking best friend.

“She gave those to you?” the shorter actress asked. Now starting to feed herself with the cake she always eats there whenever she visits.

“Yeah. And these chocolates too” Hayoung responded. Hugging the box of chocolates.

“And you still have nothing to do with it?” she grew impatient with her friend.

She knew what Hayoung really feels. She, practically, knows everything. They talked about it. From Hayoung and Namjoo’s first encounter. To their first day. As how her friend described it. But she can tell, from how annoying her friend is sometimes, that Namjoo didn’t consider it as one. She even told her about that epic fail amusement park night out they had. When she keeps on initiating the skinship but was being rejected immediately. They also talked about Hayoung being all jealous with everyone, including Namjoo unnie’s employees. And they both cry about the decision the taller made. Breaking up with her girlfriend.

“I don’t know. She just started giving those after our celebratory lunch with my co stars in ‘Love in Memory’. We actually didn’t talk. We greeted each other, yes. But that’s all.” Hayoung said. Fingers now playing with the ribbon on the box.

“And? What’s wrong with that?” Yerin responded. Eye brows almost meet.

She is confused. She definitely knows her friend is still deeply in love with her ex. Which was never her ex, if she, herself, didn’t break up with her.

“I am afraid, okay!” she forcedly unbolted the chocolate box and opened a wrapper. She shoved a bite in and looked at the still confused actress sitting on her bed.

“What are you afraid of? Its not that she’s asking you out. Or the sort” her respond made the other stand.

“That’s the thing! With all these, those and those. Then she’s not pursuing me. She’s not even asking me out. So, what’s the purpose of all of these. She has a lot of flowers at home and decided to just deliver me every day. Or she has many chocolates that she’s afraid will cause her tooth decay. And now she wanted me to have it?” being the sarcastic her again, she taller actress sit beside her friend and took the fork form her hand. Cutting a big part of the sliced cake on the plate.

Her friend frowned. However, managed to give her remarks.

“If she asked you out. What will you do?” that question made her silent.

Hayoung wants Namjoo back. But how will she be able to know that the other wants her the way she wanted the other? How will she prove that she was doing all these to win her?

How will I react if she really asked me out? She thought.

“She will not ask me out. She doesn’t like me, Yerin. Maybe these are just her apologizing. That’s it” shaking the thoughts in her mind.

“Tell that to yourself, Hayoung!” sometimes having this kind of friend annoys you. But sometimes, she makes point.

 

-----

 

After the long ‘No, please ma’am. Don’t give me an architecture associated project’, she is now accepting one. Including her current construction project. Which is out of town. Though, the building was on the last phase, they still need to go and do some punch list inspections and interior design sights.

Bomi has been watching videos in her phone for a couple of hours now. A try to avoid talking to her Architecture student partner named Son Naeun.

They promised to be causal if they can’t be the same as they were before. Easier said than done.

After reminding herself to stay far from the other girl, but close enough to guard her, Bomi starts talking to the younger again.

Different from before. Totally different.

They were waiting beside the car they used to get there, when a man approaches them.

“Hi” he greeted. Showing his bright smile. The older was being polite and greeted the man back. She’s shy, but she nothing to compare to Naeun’s shyness.

“Hello, sir” lifting her back which was leaning on the car’s driver’s door. She bowed a bit and continued watching on her phone.

“Naeun, right?” by that, Bomi looked back to the guy. She recognized her. The foreman from the Contractor company they are working with.

She didn’t hear the other responded. So, she went back on what she’s doing. She tried to stay focused on her phone.

Taemin says I have to guard her

She paused the video but still looking at it. Ears open to hear every word they will say.

“I heard you’re an architecture student. I was the foreman for this project, if you may ask. By the way, I am younger than what you think. I am just 25” the foreman keeps on speaking. But as how clear Bomi hears, Naeun didn’t let out even a little smile.

In my peripheral view, Naeun was walking side way. Slowly approaching me.

“Hey! Are you scared? Don’t be. I am not a bad person” the guy tried to hold the younger’s hand. But Naeun quickly sweep away his hands.

“Don’t try to touch me” said in her low and soft voice.

“Wow! You speak like an angel” the insisting man said. Still on his way to grab Naeun.

“Get away from me” everything was noticed by the older. But she decided not to react… yet.

Not until, Naeun totally was on her side. Their shoulders slightly touching. That made Bomi looked up.

“What is wrong with you?” the guy is now sounding irritated. This nice and gentle appearance is now replaced with motives.

Bomi took Naeun’s hand and gently pulled her. Taking a few steps away from the man.

“I am not doing anything here. I was just being friendly. But that Naeun was being rude” the man was about to hold Naeun hands when Bomi pushed him. Maybe exerting a little bit of effort. As the man stumble on his feet. And fell in his back.

“What the f! What is wrong with you both?” he said. Dusting his pants off with few of the sands in the construction site.

“You were being an .” Bomi can’t comprehend herself and blurt out.

“Who are you? You were not even talking when I saw you from there” pointing in the second floor of the open building covered with glass walls.

“She’s my girlfriend” Naeun answered instead.

The guy was shocked. The same way Bomi was.

“We had a fight. I’m sorry, love. I promised to tell you evertything from now on. Just don’t be mad, again. Please? Love, sorry” the younger said. With her ever so sweet voice. Everyone will believe if they hear her speak.

That shows in the guy’s face. But he’s not contented. Sensing that, the younger leaned closer. She closed her eyes and planted a soft kiss on the older’s cheek.

“Please? Still not forgiven, love?” faced titled on the side of the Engineering students face. Acting all cute.

“Yeah!”

“Yeah? We’re good? Love? You forgive me already?” Naeun continued her act.

They didn’t realize the guy already left. Hands still intertwined. Bomi in her flustered face and Naeun showing her shy teeth smile.

3 minutes

4 minutes

5 minutes

“What’s happening here?” Sekyung, one of the seniors they accompanied to visit the building caught them.

Both were surprised. Released each other hands. And clear their throat at the same exact time. Which only makes them even more suspicious.

 

 

 

“You shouldn’t have done that” Bomi said after they settled themselves in the hotel room.

The visit ended late that they was just able to talk after what happened was right now.

“I have no choice. I’m sorry, unnie” Naeun stated. Feeling all guilty with what she did.

Hearing those, the older became guiltier.

“No, I’m sorry, Naeun ah. I should have acted fast. I didn’t help you right away.” She explained. Fixing her bed.

 They are done eating downstairs. So, as soon as they got up, she just focused on her things and tried to avoid the topic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter