Beginning of Every Move

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week now that they stop receiving threats. Either they will make their lives miserable or leave her mom dead on the road. Which really bothered Chorong. They are able to pay for hospital fees because of the insurance money they got from her father’s death. But the hospital has been saying they have the contract terminated. And they are no longer have the privilege to stay in the hospital.

“It all stop the day after a guy, dressed in a suit talked to me. Asking if I know your girlfriend and dad” Chorong’s mother said while lying on her hospital bed.

“Let’s just take that as good news” the nurse says. Leaning on the door of room 419. Nurse Daye has been taking care of Mrs. Park on her first day of being hospitalized. Developing a good nurse-patient relationship.

Chorong let out an audible sigh. Making the two older person – her mother and Daye – looked at her in confusion.

“I mean, why all of the sudden? After those undying number of threats, they gave us. They will just stop after knowing that you know them? Isn’t that suspicious?” she stated, realizing that was what the looks of the two implies.

“Well, the guy just asked few questions about Eunji. But the thing about your dad. He was asking about that night.” Sad smile present on the old woman’s lips. “You know you dad, Chorong. He was a good person. Maybe, someone help us. That someone your dad helped before. Everyone liked him, remember?” Mrs. Park pointed.

“Yeah! He will definitely help someone he doesn’t know even it means he will die” she responded. Gaze on the small family picture framed in the table near the window. Which her mom always puts flowers on.

Mr. Park has always been everyone’s favorite back in their town. Being the patrol head making everyone safe, days and nights. People always looked up to him. His kind smile and light approach. Everyone loves him, the way his family did.

Not until one rainy night, the car accident happened in their town which took the life of their hero saddened every single person who knows them.

“Hey! Come here, sweetheart” calling the attention of her daughter. The girl immediately went to the side of the bed, settling herself. Assisted her mother who tries to sit. “Do you still blame him? Your dad was born to be a hero. And the greatest trait of a hero is?” hands on her daughter’s. Eyes looking intently. Patiently waiting for an answer.

“Selflessness. They tend to sacrifice”

“That’s my girl. Please don’t blame your dad for doing that. He loves to help. And he will do that for you, if that happened” carefully pulling Chorong in her embrace. She felt the slight sobs on her shoulder.

She knows her daughter very well. She can’t show how she really feels. She afraid of being a burden. She doesn’t want you to know how much you affect her. However, she will always be the one to come in times of need. Maybe she got that form her father.

“Wait! If I am not mistaken, you have a shooting today. Why are you still here?” her mother pushed her a bit. Making the other realize the thing.

“Gosh! Yes! What time is it, unnie?” asking on the nurse who was still there.

“11am.” Before Chorong can actually hear her speak, the other girl was rushing out of the room.

“She doesn’t change a bit” Daye expressed while shaking her head, smiling at Mrs. Park

 

 

Running out of her breath, the rookie actress immediately went out of the lift, hurriedly looking for vehicle to ride. She fished her phone on her backpack. Pass 11am. She’s not too late. But she will be, if she won’t be able to leave as soon as possible. And to her misfortune, no taxi and no bus is passing by.

Stamping her feet in the bus stop she heard her name being called from the other side of the road.

“Park Chorong! Park Chorong!” she turned her head to where the voice was coming. Though, she got the hint from the tone.

Not today, please! She said to herself after exchanging glances to the girl on the other side.

“Hey! Stop walking” Eunji said, still on her place. Holding two cups of coffee on her hands.

Chorong was walking. In hopes of seeing a taxi to ride. Paying no attention to the girl who has been shouting. Their last encounter was a trouble. The actress planned to completely erase Eunji in her life. She knows all the threats were from her family. But she didn’t mention it to her mother. It will be just an added stress for the old lady. Though, she thinks that the sudden disappearance of everything was because of Eunji too.

“Babe? Can you hear me? Hey! I know you have a schedule today. I’m her to send you there. Wait, I’ll go get my car. Will you stop walking? Hey! Chorong!” the younger shouted. Even louder than a while ago. The other girl has been acting like she’s not hearing her.

“FINE!” the young future CEO left out a loud and firm voice. Coldness present. Chorong looked on the other side to check if Eunji leave her. There is no sigh of the annoying girl on the same place.

“Doesn’t she have a work to do?” she asked herself

“I have. But, you’re my priority” Eunji said. Startling the older girl

“Oh, my goodness! You’re going to kill me” the actress said, clenching on her chest.

“Here” handing the coffee to the older.

“Why are you here” she asked. Still unbothered by the cup that was shoved in her face.

“I told you I will send you to the shooting place. So, get your coffee. My hand is numb already. Wait for me here, I’ll go get my car” forcedly placed the cup on Chorong’s hand, Eunji was turning her body and was about to take her leave.

“I am not coming with you” the other girl said. Making the younger face her again.

“What?”

“I said I am not going with you. Are you deaf? Here, take your coffee back” she explained. Eyebrows folded, expressing her irritation.

“Nope! Remember, I am paying you” Eunji stated. Together with her smirk.

“Alright! I will pay you back. And you will get out of my life immediately” the actress was in her limits again. Every time she’s with the younger, it is either she’s embarrassed or mad.

“Sure” with confidence, Eunji said. “Wait for me here. I parked not too far, alright? Babe?”

Chorong was left with no choice. Eunji has the power to make people feel small, annoyed, and say yes. The older knows that the amount of money that she received from the younger was too big. And she is certain, she needs a few more jobs to pay her back. The reason, maybe, the future CEO was so confident to take the deal.

As usual, the two wasn’t talking to each other during the ride. Eunji was focused on driving. However, occasionally looking on the side. While Chorong was making herself busy by counting the lamppost outside. Most of the time, eyes glued in the window but sometimes glancing on the driver’s seat. More awkwardness when their eyes met, accidentally.

 

 

“We’re here” the younger girl said. Parking her car beside the staff’s van.

Chorong didn’t say a word. She gets out of the car and looked for her manager. She greeted everyone. The staffs and crews were all smile to her but bowing so politely to… Wait! Eunji was behind her all this time.

“Why are you still her” covering her shocked expression. Lips looked like it didn’t even move when she spoke. She stopped from walking and waited for the girl to be on her side.

“Visit” back on her Ice Queen mode. She didn’t even greet the people back.

People felt so intimidated with the presence of the heir.

“Ms. Jung!” the director greeted politely. Bowing his head twice. “I didn’t know you are coming again. Though, it is always a pleasure seeing you here” extending his hand out. Expecting for a hand shake.

“I am not here for you.” Her message was surely for the guy in her front. “Where’s your tent, babe?” she was in the place for just a couple of minutes, all eyes were on her. But she was just looking to Chorong the whole time.

The rookie actress was shock by the attitude the other was showing.

She’s the Ice Queen. Nothing to be surprise of. She reminded herself, once again.

“You, Ms. Jung to Chorong’s tent” the director pointed to the girl on his left. Though it has her head down from fear, she realizes the director was talking to her and assisted the couple.

 

 

“You can go now. I know you are busy. And for sure, everyone believes I’m your girlfriend” the actress exclaimed as soon as they entered the tent.

“Why do you always push me away? You should be informed that what your mouth are saying is different from what your eyes were” being the annoying one again. The other girl just rolled her eyes on the remark.

She heard a small laugh coming from Eunji. It wasn’t the first time. But seeing her smile genuinely, it is her weakness. Recalling how those eyes indulge her just by looking at it. She will never get sick of those small details that makes the younger same as everyone, yet so different.

“You are starting to like me, aren’t you?” Chorong didn’t realize how deep her thoughts were. That she was left staring on this girl, who just accused her.

“Wow! Now I am 100% sure. You are not just cold; you are so into yourself” the older manage to counter. Making the other giggle. A cute little chuckle that once again makes Chorong’s heart flutter. She gathered all her might to restrain herself from smiling.

 

“Ms. Park, its your scene” a crew shouted outside the tent. Since they entered, no one dared to get inside.

“I’m coming!” Chorong shouted back. Thankful to the save the staff unknowingly made.

Both went out. The actress was taken aback, feeling the hand on hers. She looked at their intertwining hands and then looked on the owner of the other. She sees the ‘don’t let go, I am paying you’ smile.

Sometimes, the other girl was being cute and acting like a girlfriend, but sometimes, she making her feel that everything about them is business. She’s making her confuse. And now, she is afraid that maybe, the words Eunji said a while ago was staring to be true. That she is really falling for this Ice Queen.

Nooo! You can’t. She’s a billionaire and you are… Wait! Why are you even considering that! You don’t like her, okay? Chorong! You don’t like her. Shaking the thoughts out of her head, they went straight to the site.

Without letting go of Chorong’s hand, Eunji took her vibrating phone on her pocket.

It was Naeun. Asking for help.

‘Unnie. Namjoo was crying like a mess here. Are you still working? Can you help me out?’

“Babe? I have to go. Naeun texted me asking for help” Eunji didn’t realize she just made a thing only girlfriends do.

Saying what she’s going to do

The older just nodded. Flustered with what Eunji said.

Acting like a girlfriend

The future CEO leaned in. Placing a small peck on the actress’ cheek. Surprising the latter. No, both were surprised.

Eunji comprehended what she just did. She just kissed Chorong, in FRONT OF EVERYONE.

I am maybe getting crazy! She looked at the astonished expression of the other girl.

“Bye!” acting all cool outside. But her heart was now wanting to escape out of her ribs cage.

“Bye!” the actress answered. Despite her blushing cheeks and red ears.

She scanned everyone surrounding them, who immediately lowered their heads after making eye contacts.

-----

Namjoo’s POV

Eunji unnie was rushing towards the door. I looked at Naeun unnie who has been here the whole time.

“I’m sorry, I have to inform Eunji unnie, too” Naeun unnie said after our eyes met. She was apologetic.

“It’s okay. I was about to text her, actually” I answered. Seeing how remorseful she was.

“Hey! What happened? Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter