Family Meeting?

Remember, I am paying you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji's POV

I waved goodbye to my bestfriend. I turned my back and started walking towards the entrance of the building after seeing his car maneuvered away. After stepping inside the building, I have been passing by a lot of my father's employees. They have been greeting me a good night with their professional smiles.

I have no body guards today. Since Minho sent me to school and fetch me. Its like an unwritten rule, that if Minho's with me, it will be just the two of us. No body guards, no nannies, no secretary.

After pressing the floor where I'll have my life judged, I sighed. Its the uncomfortable feeling again. It will be a bit better if my best buddy is with me. But well. His acting all weird today. I remembered the glimpse of his tears. Those sad eyes. And those pretentious smiles. I should have asked him the problem. But knowing him, it was a good idea I remained silent. Or else, I'm more unease, since that conversation will just lead to misunderstanding and soon a big fight. Which is the last thing I wanted to happen.

Hearing the sound of the lift, I took a very deep breath. I went straight to the office Mr. Son texted me. I opened the door and six pairs of eyes welcomed me.

"Take a seat" I doesn't even have a chance to at least fixed my clothes as my father command me to do what he says. I scanned the room. There is Mr. Son at my father's side. In front of them was Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Key on the other side. And there is my mother. Sitting a bit far from the group. I took a seat beside her. As soon as I settled my self, I felt her cold hand on mine. After removing my attention from our hands, I looked at her. She's looking at me. And showed me her motherly smile. A smile which sends me her sorry for not doing anything for me. A smile where I can see her doubt about herself. Then I wrapped my other hand on ours. I smiled back. Saying with my eyes that its fine. Its not her fault. Then she pulled me to her side and closed her eyes while nodding very slowly. I followed her.

"Okay. Since everyone's here. Let's continue to talk" uncle Jaesuk said catching my attention. Well, I guess I can't escape anymore. He looked at me with a smile. Which I politely returned.

Dad stood up from his CEO's chair and moved towards Key. He held his shoulders and Key looked at him. Then, they looked at me, together.

Noticing how Key showed his smile to dad. Then to me. I feel like crying. Not that I don't like Key as a person. He's actually not a bad guy. It's just that, the idea of getting married to the person who don't actually love. As in love, love. I love Key. As a friend. And marriage is different. Its a big deal for me. It's like, they are going to tie me up and hold me away from my dreams.

My father took Key's hand and made him stand up. He slightly pushed him towards me. And the next thing I know, they are all smiling like an idiot. In the sight of me and Key sitting next to each other. He held my hand gently

--------

Flashback 

"Yow! Eunji!"

"Meung!"

"Eunji yaaaah!"

"JUNG EUNJI!" Minho shouted with all his strength. Upon hearing his yell, I turned around.

"Hey Ming! I'm sorry. Have you been calling my name? It's so loud in here" I said as soon as he arrived in front of me, panting.

"Its okay. Yeah, I know. I can barely hear als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter