Chapter 7

Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Choi Haneul took his leave, Bora’s heart finally stopped beating so fast. The relief was sudden and she just realised she had barely been breathing during the whole time he was there. 

,,Are you alright, Your Highness?” Byung-yeon asked.

,,I’m fine,” she nodded.

He took a few steps towards her though, as if he was trying to see with his own eyes, whether it was truly like that. His proximity made Bora feel uncomfortable. 

And then he suddenly lifted his hand and touched her neck, his fingers close to the wound made by Choi Haneul’s dagger.

,,What are you doing?!” Bora asked taken aback, shocked and indignant. Such gesture wouldn’t be considered appropriate in public not even from her brother or her betrothed, let alone for a man, who was almost a stranger and furthermore a rebel and a traitor. 

His fingers stayed at her neck for another while though, as if he didn’t hear her. He moved them closer to her wound, bringing his fingertips on its surface. His fingers were gentle and light so she didn’t feel almost any pain at all. 

Just when she wanted to tell him to stop touching her, he took his hand off.

,,It’s not deep,” he said, ,,it will heal soon.”

She just stared at him, completely taken aback by his shameless liberty. He returned her gaze and she couldn’t help finding his deep dark brown eyes really captivating for a second.

,,What do you think gives you the right to touch me?” she gasped with anger.

,,I just wanted to take a better look at your wound. I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable,” he said, his voic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter