Chapter 5

Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

,,Chief Eunuch?” her voice was now even more surprised than when she saw Byung-yeon.

,,Yes, Your Highness. It’s me,” said the old man with a smile. She knew that kind heartwarming smile way too well. This man was the one who helped her get through the pain from her mother’s death and the slow yet inevitable loss of her father to the fears and paranoia inside his head, creeping upon him after his wife’s passing as a fatal sickness.

,,I thought you were dead,” she gasped.

,,I know you did, Your Highness. And I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry for abandoning you but I didn’t have any other choice.”

,,Are you the leader of the Baekwoon Group?” she asked, not able to hide the pain and the disappointment in her voice.

,,Yes, Your Highness.”

,,How could you...” she whispered, tears suddenly streaming down her face.

,,That’s something I can’t explain right now. We would need much more time. And even then... I’m not sure whether you’d understand. Although I wish so much that one day you would.”

,,Chief Eunuch...”

,,I can’t be here now, Princess. I have important business to attend. But don’t worry.”

Then he turned to Byung-yeon.

,,Do not hurt her. Do not let anyone hurt her. She’s more important than you think. I trust you that you will take care of it.”

,,I will, Master Han,” Byung-yeon noded.

Bora didn’t know what intentions the old eunuch had and even though he still acted like her friend, she couldn’t be sure of anything anymore. He was a traitor after all as well.

Byung-yeon was quite surprised by the sudden request not to harm the Princess in any way. He didn’t know that the leader of the Baekwoon Group cared so much for her. Her abduction was solely Byung-yeon’s plan, nobody else knew about the strategy that was one day suddenly born in his head. He thought the young Princess would not only be a good source of information but also powerful weapon to use agains the Crown Prince. So right after he got hold of her and ordered the guards to put her in the cell, he went looking for Han Eun-jung to tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter