Chapter 4

Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She winced at the unexpected shout, even more shocked after opening her eyes and seeing the end of Kim Byung-yeon’s sword almost touching her chest.

,,Kim Byung-yeon!”

A man probably in his forties, dressed in black clothes and with the exact same headband on his forehead, as she had seen on Byung-yeon’s, stepped in the cell.

,,Master Choi,” Byung-yeon withdrew his sword and bowed his head a little.

,,What are you doing?! Did just just try to kill her?” the man asked, the anger in his voice so strong that even Bora felt uncomfortable.

,,She didn’t want to say anything.”

,,And? Do you think that the stubbornness of this little spoiled Princess is the reason to kill her? To kill our best source of information? Did she really make you so angry? I’ve never seen you as a man who would let his anger get the better of him.”

,,It was not anger,” Byung-yeon thought.

He knew very well what would Master Choi do, if he were the one to interrogate the Princess. He wouldn’t hesitate to use torture methods to get what he wanted and Byung-yeon didn’t want that to happen. Despite the way the Princess saw him, he was not the heartless bastard she thought he was. He wasn’t a cruel man. After seeing his own father die in front of his eyes when he was just a child, he truly hated all unnecessary violence and cruelty. And that was the reason, why he had asked Park Eun-jung, the head of Baekwoon Group and the man who gave his life a purpose after his parents’ death, to let him be the one to interrogate Princess Lee Bora. Kim Byung-yeon cared for her enough to want to make her death as quick and painless as possible, in case she wouldn’t speak, but Choi Haneul, the right-hand man of Park Eun-jung, had other plans.

,,I’m sorry, Master Choi. It won’t happen again.”

,,I hope so. We can’t have too impulsive men doing such important jobs,” Choi Haneul sighed, his anger finally disappearing.

,,Too impulsive?” Bora had to laugh in her mind a little, despite the situation she was in. She had known Kim Byung-yeon for a long time and too imp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter