Chapter 12

Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi, guys! So, as promised I'm uploading my next chapter and I'll try to upload some more in the near future. If you like my story, let me know in the comments, feedback is always appreciated :)

 

 

,,How dare you?! Say that again!” Choi Haneul’s furious voice echoed in his room when a trembling guard announced to him that when he had arrived to his shift in the prison, he found five guards dead and the cell of Princess Lee Bora empty.

 

,,I... I know nothing more about it, Master,” the young guard stuttered, expecting the worst to happen to him, even though he was completely innocent and had nothing to do with this incident, he seemed to be unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place in the wrong time.

 

,,Well what are you waiting for then?! Find out something more about it and quickly! Alarm the other guards and tell everyone in my name to look for that wench before it’s too late!”

 

,,Yes, Master,” the young man bowed his head and got out of the room as quickly as possible, happy and surprised that he was still alive to execute the order. Not many people who had managed to outrage Choi Haneul were as lucky as him.

 

,,I need my best soldiers for this,” Choi Haneul thought while he started pacing around the room nervously, ,,I need to get her back, whatever it takes.”

 

And although he didn’t like to admit it, he knew exactly, who had come to his mind immediately when he realized what kind of people he needed for this. This was no time for personal matters though.

 

He agressively opened the door of his room, stepped outside and turned to the guards in front of his room.

 

,,Find Kim Byung-yeon immediately. I need to speak to him.”

 

,,Yes, Master,” both guards answered, bowed their heads and left promptly.

 

,,The boy will find her, I’m sure about it,” Choi Haneul said quietly as he stepped back in the room, trying to calm himself down.

 

,,What’s going on?”a voice suddenly resounded behind him. It was soft and concerned but somehow still serene, and it was exactly what he needed in that moment. He turned around to see Yu Hye-jin, looking as beautiful as always in her crimson red hanbok with tiny white flowers on its hem, her big deep eyes giving him a thoughtful, inquiring look. 

 

She was the only person in the world that he loved, although he knew she had no feelings for him whatsoever, she was a kisaeng and couldn’t afford such luxury. It didn’t change the fact though, that everytime he saw her he felt like all of his anger and uneasiness slowly melted away. 

He took a few steps towards her and wrapped his arms around her, pressing his lips against hers lustfully. He didn’t want to think about the unpleasant things when he could have her instead. Her lips have remained cold and inert with his on top of them though, so he pulled away.

 

,,Master Choi, what’s going on?” she repeated her question.

 

,,I don’t want to talk about it now... just be with me, my love,” he whispered into her ear.

 

,,Maybe after you answer my question,” she said, the chill in her voice so unusual.

 

Choi Haneul sighed deeply, his mood worsening again but then he realized that if he told her now what she wanted to know, he could spent some time with her in return, so he decided to tell her everything.

 

,,A guard came to me a while ago and said that he had found the cell of Princess Lee Bora empty and all the prison guards dead. We need to find her and get her back immediately, just as we need to find the one who had done it. I’m sure it was an insider, this place and the prison underneath it is so well hidden that it’s very unlikely that the one who had got the Princess out was not one of our members. I’ve already sent some guards to go find Kim Byung-yeon, I’ll send him with some of my best soldiers to go look for Lee Bora and the traitor and bring them back to me.

 

,,And what if they won’t find them?” Yu Hye-jin asked.

 

,,Then I’ll at least have a reason to get rid of Kim Byung-yeon. I’ve waited long enough for such an opportunity. Since Master Han is unfortunately dead, nothing can st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter