Chapter 10

Worlds Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the days passed, a lot had changed in the Baekwoon Group. Having a new leader had influenced not only internal matters of the organisation but also the entire rebellion. The attacks on everyone and everything that was on the side of the monarchy had been occurring more and more often, more unexpected and crueler, leaving nobody alive or no building standing.

Some people were afraid, some were hopeful, yet everyone knew something important was going to happen soon.

The people in the palace, from the King, the Crown Prince and the officials to the eunuchs, the court ladies and the palace guards were more and more anxious because everybody knew the Baekwoon Group was gaining more strength and so a strike against the royal family could be expected anytime soon.

Lee Bora knew nothing about the whole situation. It’s been days, it’s been weeks and now they turned into a month and she was still being held in a dark cell as a hostage of the rebels. She was beginning to lose all hope and she felt like she’ll even lose her mind eventually. She didn’t even remember when was the last time she had spoken to another human being. It seemed like ages.

One day finally someone entered her cell. She didn’t see the face of the person, because he was wearing a hat that was covering his eyes, yet something about him seemed familiar.

When he stepped closer to her and she stood up, she could see his face better and recognised him in spite of the lack of light inside her cell.

,,Kim Byung...?” she wanted to ask, shocked by his sudden appearance, but he quickly pressed his palm to . 

,,We need to be quiet, Your Highness. Follow me,” he whispered and turned around.

,,Wait,” she whispered as well and caught his sleeve, making him turn to her again, ,,what are you doing? Where are we going?”

,,There’s no time to explain now. I need you to trust me.”

,,And why do you think I would trust you?”

,,Because if you don’t you’ll be dead by morning.”

She didn’t understand, whether he was threatening her or trying to protect her, however it didn’t really matter since she apparently had no other choice than to follow him.

When they stepped outside the cell she saw a guard, who quietly closed the door behind them. She was following Byung-yeon through the dark corridors of the dungeon when he suddenly grabbed her wrist and quickly pulled her to the right. Then he opened a door she did not even notice before and pushed her inside.

The room was almost empty except a table with some clothes on it. 

,,Change your clothes,” he said and closed the door behind them.

,,What?!” she asked completely taken aback.

,,Do it quickly, I won’t look,” he sighed, sounding almost annoyed, which was probably the biggest emotion she had ever seen him show.

She took the clothes in her hands and realised immediately, that they were men’s clothes. It looked like Kim Byung-yeon was truly trying to help her escape, even though she couldn’t understand why.

Byung-yeon knew that if he didn’t do it that night, Choi Haneul would waste no time to start interrogating her. Bora had a couple hours to escape, otherwise his Master would make sure to turn her life into complete suffering. He knew her well enough to know, that she was stubborn and proud enough not to say a single word, not even if Choi Haneul would decide to torture her to death to get the information he wanted to know. But he couldn’t let that happen. He felt like his debt to Lee Yeong as well as to Park Eun-jung could only be repaid if he saved Lee Bora from her painful cruel fate that night.

,,I’m done,” Bora said after a while. It took her some time to find out, how to get into those clothes, yet when she did, she liked the feeling immediately. It was something new, she had never tried men’s clothes on before, yet she felt somewhat more comfortable in them than in any of her beautiful robes. And what was more, it was a good way how to hide her identity. She even had a hat covering almost half of her face, a similar one to Byung-yeon’s.

,,Let’s go,” Byung-yeon said and opened the door.

After they stepped outside, Bora followed his quick steps leading her to some unknown place. Still, she felt like she could trust him, although the whole situation terrified her, because she was completely in his power now. And she didn’t like that feeling. She didn’t like it at all. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter