B1A4 - Gongchan - I Mean It

K-Pop One Shot Collections

 

This was requested by Ashbleeebaby! :D Gongchan was my first bias of B1A4, but then I switched to Jinyoung! ^^

“Finally a day off!” Jungmi squealed falling back onto her bed. She was tired of working continuous days. Sure, she loved music, but working at the same music shop  everyday with no breaks was absolutely unbearable. It was kind of her fault though. Jungmi had always been a hardworking person from the bottom of her heart and recently, the shop owner’s wife had just had a child. She wanted to help out by taking up his shifts. Plus, she had been there for basically ever, she knew how to work anything and everything. Still, she didn’t think it’d be that stressful. Now she had her break after three weeks of straight working her off. On the good side, she had time and more money now! She smiled and cuddled into her pillow. Hard work never seemed so great until now.

Bzzt

She raised an eyebrow at the sound. She did have the day off right? She frowned. What if her boss wanted her to work again today. There was no way she could possibly survive another minute of that store. Still, she sighed and reached for her phone. Robotically, she unlocked the screen and smiled at the wallpaper. A picture of her posing goofily beside Gongchan immediately popped up. His hoodie was wrapped around her neck as a cape while she posed as superman, and he wore one of her skirts over his jeans and posed as superwoman. She’d captioned the picture “The invincible pair”. Since his debut, they had little time to catch up with each other if any at all. Yet somehow, he’d managed to get her to have dinner with him and the guys for valentine’s day since none of them were in relationships. She felt like part of the family for once.

With a few touches to the screen, she found herself staring at a message from him. Speak of the devil and he will appear. She grinned and opened it, her eyes scanning through the message confused.

It read:

                I’m home!

She replied knowing his parents were far from Seoul—just how was he home? She was sure they had a special occasion today as well. Weren’t they supposed to be working on their comeback? Questions kept piling up, but she never received an answer. He didn’t even text back. She frowned and got up, slipping a robe of her PJs. She wiped her eyes, keeping her phone tightly in her hand as she opened the door and walked to the kitchen unattentively. It was far too early for her to be up. She probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a chicken and a goat, but her usual schedule kept her waking early. She grabbed a glass of water, and began boiling it, ready to make some tea for herself. She stood next to the stove and opened her phone. Still no message. Biting her lip, she decided to text back again. 

Where are you? – Message sent.

Bzzzt.

“Yah!!” She jumped and crouched near the floor. That was NOT her phone. She quickly searched through her own mobile device for the number titled “Gongchan”. Gulping, she called.

Bzzzt, bzzzt, bzzzt, bzzzt…

As the sound continued on, she followed the noise into her living room. This was not a joke! She began to get paranoid. What if someone was trying to communicate with her through the dead? What if there was a crazy sociopath in her home waiting for her? She took in a breath. ‘Be Strong Jungmi. You got this!’ She thought before continuing on. As she got near her sofa, she squinted at the table where a glowing device lay and the loud buzzing was coming from. She took a hand to wipe her eyes and gaped. A phone lay on her table on vibrate…and it was Gongchan’s? How did he get in?! What if it’s a killer and he merely took Gongchan’s phone and sent it to her as a message? Quietly, she snuck to the phone in a ninja like way, and grabbed it before rolling across the floor back into her kitchen.

As she unlocked the phone, she stared at the screen where a memo had been pulled up. She read it with an unbelievable smile.

Turn around and walk back to your room. Obediently, she stepped back toward her room. The door was shut, but she didn’t remember shutting it when she walked out. She should have been thinking about her safety. This might not even be him, but there was no way. She was too excited after having not seen him in a while. She opened the door and stared at the small box lying on her bed. She was utterly confused, but she didn’t care. He was a bit of a stalker for being able to get this far into her home, but she enjoyed it. Plenty.

Just as she lifted the box carefully into her hands, her vision went black as two hands placed themselves over her eyes.

“Surprise.” A soft yet masculine voice whispered into her ear.  She couldn’t stop her lips from curling into a smile. The heat radiating from his body was so familiar and comfortable. She’d missed that in the few months they were apart. Sure, they were never in a relationship; she was always scared he thought of her as a sister, but she didn’t mind. If she could never be kicked out of the friend zone, why complain? It was a one in a lifetime chance to become close friends with any idol, but they had a relationship like no other and she was all right with just being a friend. She’d be there for him at every turn, and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

“What’s the occasion?” Though Jungmi couldn’t see him, she imagined him shrugging in a cute fashion like he always did when trying to hide something. She set the box on the bed and placed her hands on her hips. “Gong Chan Shik! I know you know, and I expect you to inform me right this minute! You know I have a bad memory and I’ve been working nonstop for uhm…ever!” He chuckled and removed his hands from her eyes, stuffing them in his pockets.

“Open the gift you’ll see~” She turned and shook her head opening her arms for a hug. Grinning, he shook his head, and wagged a finger in her face. “The gift first!” Jungmi gave him a playful glare before turning back to the gift and ripping through it. It was from, and of course, she would treasure later, but she really really wanted that hug. However, when fully unwrapped she found herself staring a fake, potted flower. A button was embedded in the side, and she stared at it for a bit before pressing a finger to it. Immediately, a song began playing, and she recognized it as one of B1A4’s songs—Only One—to be exact. She instantly smiled, her heart warming. This was one of her favorite songs by the group. They always put their best into a song, but she felt that this one had a little more meaning to it than the others. Still, she also noticed that the petals of the mechanical flower has began to open according to the song until inside lay another gift, but it was enclosed in a piece of paper. She carefully opened this one, and read the note.

Happy2 year friendship anniversary…

                I was thinking of changing it up though…how about we start a ‘couples’ anniversary? I really liked you from the start…so what do you say?

She gaped as she stared at the piece of paper in her face. Calm on the outside, she was squealing in joy on the inside. She imagined herself bouncing off the walls in happiness in her mind. 

“You’re silent, which means you’re nervous. Did you expect me to say no?” She felt him place his chin on her shoulder and his arms wrap tightly around her waist as he pulled her closer. His body heat lay directly on her own. Somehow, his hands found hers, lacing their fingers together cutely. She loved when he was like this—it set him apart from the rest of the group. Though she’d fallen for Jinyoung a little bit at first meeting, the moment she started talking to Gongchan, she couldn’t stop. He was cute and manly at the same time, handsome but with a ‘normal guy’ look to him. She could name a million more things, but that didn’t matter. He was different, and she liked that. They stood in that position just enjoying each other’s presence for a minute before she grabbed the top of the cardboard box, lightly popping him on the head. “Yah! You really did think I’d say no!!”

“W-wait! I was just nervous!” She sighed and shook her head before turning around and staring up at him with a smile. Yeah, she was getting pretty smiley today, wasn’t she? She placed her arms around his neck and he set his hands on her waist lightly, still keeping his eyes on her face.

“You’re beautiful you know? But I know something that can make you even more gorgeous.” He pushed himself closer against her, and immediately, she found herself mesmerized by simply his face. The way his eyes squinted a little more when he was smiling down at her and continued to shine, even in the dim lighting of her room. The way laugh lines would form around his lips and his cheeks would puff out a little while he smiled. He was flawless to her, and she appreciated every bit of this glorious human being. Despite the fact that his body was basically pressing against her own, she couldn’t find any strength in herself to look away. “There we go.” She looked down at the newly placed necklace on her chest. The intials ‘GC’ were written there, and obviously customized.

That fact gave her a bit of ‘girlfriendly pride’.

There were probably tons of fans out there with his name on a bracelet or necklace, or even a shirt of some sort, but none of them would have this exact same necklace, because he’d gotten it exactly for her. Even in the color of her birthstone. Honestly, she didn’t even think he paid attention that much to know. Impressive. Definitely impressive.

“Is it a little too early to say ‘I Love You’?” She asked shyly, hiding behind her fringe as a blush crept onto her cheeks. Her chuckled again, and lifted her chin to keep her facing him.

“Only if you don’t mean it.” He pressed his lips against her lightly and she complied happier than ever. Did she say before that she was okay with being just his friend?? Jungmi grinned and mentally took that statement back. She much preferred girlfriend. Much much much preferred it. He cupped her face in his hands before pulling away and pressing small kisses on her cheek, forehead, and nose. Then lastly, he came back to her lips wrapping his arms around her waist. She held even tighter around his neck, trying to pull him closer even though she knew it was impossible.

“I meant every bit of it.”