EXO - Se Hun - His Smile

K-Pop One Shot Collections

This was requested by Seoyeonie!!! I too share a love for Se Hun! <3 :PPPP He's my bias along with Tao. :D

 

----

 

 Lia stared at him with sad, unfortunate eyes. Her mood had easily shifted from giddy to a solemn desperate one. His hand was tightly grasped in her own as she pouted, her bottom lip trembling. She tried hard to blink away the tears the threatened to overflow the rims of her eyes. Her hair lie messily around her shoulders and head in disarray—it wasn’t the momentary priority. As she stood, her knees trembled lightly and she readied herself for a fall that she knew she wouldn’t be able to stand from. Her heart was beating irregularly fast in panic, fear, and denial. His eyes stared back at her as he smiled while she gazed into his own longingly--a silent beg.

“I’ll be back. Promise.” That was all it took for her to give in. She wanted to be a fighter. She fought everything else from school to her parents. She didn’t understand. Why couldn’t she fight this? The question lingered in her head while her cheeks became easily tear-stained. Her knees gave, and she sank to the ground in defeat. Still his hand remained in her own, tightly clasped and held right next to her heart. She placed her head on his forearm unable to face defeat like she should have—with her head high.

“You can’t go yet! We haven’t—” She was cut off as his free arm s around her back, pulling her toward him tightly. He buried his face in her neck and she shivered as his warm breath rolled down her back. Immediately, her shoulders began shaking unstoppably, and she could feel his grasp tighten around her but her sobs simply came out muffled while her shoulders shook.

“Don’t cry, please. I won’t forget you, I promise. I’ll be back. Please don’t cry.” She sniffled, only to cough up another batch of tears. Even as his fingers laced perfectly with her own, she couldn’t bear to stop crying in his arms. Even as he muttered a billion of the words she had always wanted him to call her, she couldn’t stop. Her heart hurt too much. It was rarely hard for her to do anything. The hardest thing she’d ever done was remembering a time when she wasn’t near him. It all seemed irrelevant now. No matter how much time she’d spent with him before this moment, it all seemed like it wasn’t enough and never would be. Fifteen years of beautiful memories all seemed like a few seconds of happiness in a dim life.

“Oppa…I…” She sobbed. He hugged her tighter.

“I know. I promise I’ll be back.” He kept saying that, but she knew it wasn’t true. His voice gleamed pure generosity but she couldn’t comprehend the truth behind his words. She didn’t want to. She want to let go of him for one second, but as his warmth left her, she looked up only to find him sluggishly boarding the plane. The guilt wasn’t hard to miss. His last moments here and she’d made it a bad time already. She frowned and bit her lips staring at the ground before her.

“Oppa!” He spun around at her voice and smiled at her. Ever since he was young, he was perfect. He wasn’t boring like most kids, but at the same time he wasn’t mean about anything. Each time he was with her, he was sure to make her smile and to smile for her. That was the one thing she adored about him most. His smile was incomparable. She wouldn’t lie to herself. There were definitely more attractive people in the world—more manly, more unique, more outstanding, but no one compared to his smile. Each time he smiled it came from the bottom of his heart. She wasn’t sure how she knew but there was something about the way his eyes would sparkle and lips would curl up cutely. This time, she couldn’t hold back. She smiled back, and held up the necklace she wore. Inside, a picture of him was kept in tact by a small glass. Her parting gift from him. “Promise?!” She shouted. He grinned and nodded with that smile.

“Promise!!” He boarded the plane.

 

 That was the last memory she had of him two years ago.

 

It had only been a month when she’d given up on that promise from him. She had received no contact from him. He didn’t call her, he didn’t text her, he didn’t even send letters or postcards. Nor did he have anyone deliver a message to her. Slowly, she began to stop waiting. Stop being hopeful, it only hurt in the end. She still wore the necklace, but she never opened it. She kept herself busy as to not remember him. She destroyed her phone number and got a new one under her father’s name. She stopped waiting. She couldn’t afford it anymore.

Lia wiped another table with the same somber expression on her face she held each day. Each day she woke up early going to school then straight to her job waiting on tables. She had gotten used to the routine after a year or so. It was easy without having any friends to distract from the work. There was no Se Hun to sit there and talk her all the way until she was off task. There was no Se Hun to skip school with. There was no Se Hun to welcome her back home when she got back to their joint apartment. There was no Se Hun. Ever.

She sighed and walked behind the doors, checking the watch on her wrist. Finally. She could go home and relax by doing absolutely nothing. Her grades had fallen ever since. She wasn’t even good enough to get into a minor university. So she took the classes at a reject school where older people went to get back their own degree. Each day, she’d receive advice from every single on them telling her that if she worked harder she could be transferred to a bigger better school. The news didn’t cheer her up. It merely came as…news. She did all she could, and nothing more.

Lia threw down the towel and grabbed her things as she walked out of the restaurant. It was pretty late when she arrived at her apartment. Yes, she still stayed at the same place as she did when he was still here, but she’d changed it up, leaving only his room. She kept it locked with the key inside. She refused to ever set foot inside again. She’d also boxed any of his belongings leaving them in that room. She refused to look at them ever again. Still everything outside of the apartment remained normal, but tonight she noticed a black van in front of the apartment complex. She’d never seen it before, but simply shrugged it off. Billions of cars came and left the place, one black van didn’t make a difference.

She stepped inside, waving at the lobby worker, and proceeded mindlessly to the elevator. She placed a finger on the six robotically. She did this every day, and didn’t doubt the fact that she did it all in her sleep as well. She stared at the ground as she listened to the light ‘ding’ each time she passed a floor. Until the sixth ding. The door opened, and she stepped out turning right. She didn’t make eye contact with the door as she slung her keys over her neck. There was only one key on the chain. She grasped the metal utility but as she reached for the doorknob, she noticed the crack behind the door. Her daily routine had been spoiled. She glanced at her watch. She was just pushing the door open at this time, but it was already unlocked. She stared at the knob silently.

What should she do?

Her schedule was never knocked off like this. Frowning, she replaced the keys around her neck and reached out for the door handle, but immediately froze. Shuffling could be heard from the other side of the door along with tiny mutters.

“Are you serious? Why is this locked?!” Lia found herself staring widely at the door. There was an intruder inside her apartment?! It would be her of all people. Bad luck seemed to just follow her everywhere. She gulped and kicked the door open, running inside. The shuffling stopped along with the voice. She suddenly felt unsafe. Nothing seemed right anymore. Her surroundings seemed unfamiliar but she knew she stared at the same view as she did every other day. Her eyes scanned the kitchen counter and coffee tables along with her sofas, but nothing seemed the same. Everything lay in the same place as she’d left it before she went to school this morning, but at the same time the view was unfamiliar to her.

Her brows furrowed, but she continued on. She stood between the hallway and the kitchen, yet even as she stared at the kitchen table she couldn’t help but feel a calling to the hallway. Silently, she removed her shoes, and walked down the hall. She passed the forbidden room but it felt different. The air seemed a little colder as she walked by. She frowned but continued to her room. As she examined her bed and dresser, along with her vanity, she noticed that everything still remained the same. But still, that foreign feeling lingered over her body. She dropped her bags and hugged herself slowly walking back. She passed the room indifferently, and kept her eyes on the floor. Things didn’t feel right. Something was out of order.

She continued walked and turned to close the door when she found a pair of shoes next to the sofa. She should have seen them when she walked it but…she didn’t. At the same time, she didn’t recognize the pair. They were a perfectly clean white. She didn’t own white shoes. They got dirty too easily. She bit her lip disliking the situation she was in. She shook her head, trying to push herself out of the trance, and took a step forward to shut the door. As the hinges shut and interlocked, she turned the lock.

“It’s just you and me again, isn’t it Lia-ah?” Lia froze at the voice. Immediately, she placed her hands over her ears denying the reality. She didn’t want to her this. It had been two years. She must be hallucinating. Maybe she just had an overly exhausting day at work. She scrunched her eyelids tightly together. Still, that didn’t stop the footsteps behind her move closer to her form, so close she could feel heat on her back. She sighed in the warmth, but shook her head, taking a footstep. This couldn’t be happened. “You don’t believe it’s me?” She could hear the disappointment in his voice, but still she refused to turn around. Once again, there was a quiet shuffle until she could feel a stare. Slowly, she creeped open her eyes and found herself staring at two white socks. She gaped and shook her head, tears spilling again.

“This isn’t…” The feet moved closer, and she could feel two hands on either side of her cheek. She didn’t want to accept this anymore, but she couldn’t stop him as he raised her gaze slowly until she focused on his face. The same brown hair was now styled swaying to the side. His same genuine gaze stared back at her while she took in his face slowly remembering. His body was worked out a bit more than before, and he had grown somewhat taller. “Se Hun…”

He could help but grin and smile again as he threw open his arms.

“I told you it was a promise.” She felt more tears run down her cheek as she flung herself into his arms which instantly wrapped around her body. She fit against him perfectly, just as she did all those years ago. His neck seemed like it was made for her to cuddle into, and as she did, she felt safer than anything in the world. Instinctively, her shoulders began to shiver and she cried again. She wasn’t the crying type, but she couldn’t help herself. She pulled back, placing her hands on his cheeks. His skin was still the same beautiful milky white. Flawless. She searched his gaze for a sort of confirmation, even though she had already found it. He chuckled under her grasp.

“It’s me. I promise.” It didn’t take long before she jumped, pressing her lips to his. Without worry, he caught her in his arms, kissing her back just as hard. Keeping his arms tightly wrapper under her bottom for support, she moved over toward the kitchen counter, setting her on top as they both began kissing harder each one trying to prove how much they’d missed the other. They wanted to stop for breaths before were afraid it would be too long to be apart after such a long time. Her hands were still wrapped around his neck, while he moved her neck. He nipped at her skin which had still remained soft in spite of her difficult schedule. Lia shivered, pulling him closer as she felt his tongue trace over the skin and he began on the bare spot. Her lips would be bruised in the morning, but she’d be okay  if they fell off. She’d waited too long for this. She smiled, throwing her head back as he left traces of kisses on her collarbone and shoulders, up her jaw and back to her lips. She smiled as he pushed his tongue past her lips wrestling with her own. They had both waited too long for this.

He lifted her, proceeding to her bedroom where her gently set her on the mattress. He too sat down only to be pushed down while she still kept her lips on his, trying to remember how it was to always have him near her. Still, he wasn’t complaining as he let her kiss him while he tried to kiss her back with the same intensity. It had been years, and he’d desperately missed her voice and presence, but he had to work hard to debut. Yet his passion for her wasn’t the same as her own. She’d missed him so much more. He’d caught a glimpse of her expression when she walked into the house. It was so bland, so deprived. In that small frame of time, she seemed a million years older than she was. He didn’t ever want to see her like that again. Her kissed her rougher and harder until she caved in. As she pulled away and pressed her ear to his chest, he immediately wrapped his arms around her waist happily. She looked up at him, and he could tell that as much as she loved the fact that he was back, she was also exhausted from her day. She smiled and he returned the gesture.

Lia couldn’t get enough of his smile. She wanted to see him smile every second of the day every day. His smile made her smile. She grinned and pressed her lips to his one last time before she sighed, happily placing her head on his chest. She was tired. She closed her eyes for a moment, but soon opened them to find that Se Hun also had his eyes closed with that smile plastered on his face.

“I’ll be here. I won’t leave you, I promise.” She smiled and reclosed her eyes. Se Hun planned on taking her to Seoul with him. He wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer. Plus, he knew she couldn’t say no to his smile.