Chapter 8

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Image result for club

It's a fairly beautiful autumn evening on a misty pavement along the streets of Hongdae. Busking singers and performers can be heard in every corner in the midst of the busy people walking by. The atmosphere was good. The mood was great! Everyone seems to be having fun except for Jennie.

Because... you know what happened.

Jennie's soul hasn't come back to her body fully yet. All she could hear was Jisoo screaming, "Are you ing kiddin me!?!" Over and over again. Everyone were at a loss of words. Just the loud collective gasps. Jisoo's wonderful phrase resonated so violently that Jennie could swear she heard the stray cat at the back of the alley jump up from it's sleep. Thank god, Seulgi was quick enough to skip to the part where they split into couples and go on their separate ways.

Seulgi went with Baekhyun, Lisa with Sehun, Jisoo with Suho, and Jennie got to pair up Kai. Apparently they are like the F4 of Dongguk University and Kai is their leader. It does sound kinda ridiculous, doesn't it?

"I'm screwed." Jennie mumbled out loud. It sounded like se was about to cry again. It's probably starting to get annoying but can you blame her?

Kai, who was just walking quietly with her, snorted and laughed as the thought of the incident earlier crosses his mind again.

"Oh god, this is embarassing!" Jennie deliberately covered her face to hide her burning cheeks. "Stop laughing!"

"I'm not!" Kai denied though he's still laughing. "It's just funny cause we've already walked a long way and then here you are still not over about what happened."

"Oh... I'm sorry. You're right. I should pay attention."

"No, it's okay. Are you sure you're feeling better now?."

Jennie nodded. "But if you're asking about my dignity, then no."

Kai let out a supressed laugh. "It was funny if i'm being honest. Sehun was going: 'Oh! Oh no! OOOHHH!' What a mess." He said, mimicking his friend's reaction earlier at the cafe.

"See? You're making fun of me!"

"Stop worrying about it. If anything, I just feel sorry for Suho."  He said, referring to his friend who got paired up with Jisoo after that fiasco. "Aren't you hungry? Let's go get some dinner."

--

Meanwhile Jisoo and her date, Suho, are already making out in a club not too far from where the rest of them are. She already changed out of her stained dress. Thanks to Chaeyoung who willingly responded immediately after Jisoo called and brought her clean clothes to change into.

Chaeyoung sat there in the vip table, trying to ignore the make out session happening just right beside her. A random guy noticed and confidently approached her.

"Hi there! Can I buy you a drink?" The guy asked. He was tall, around her age, black haired and has a unique husky voice.

"Thanks, I'm flattered but I'd rather not. I drove here. Sorry." Chaeyoung respectfully rejected.

"Naw, girl! Just one harmless drink." The guy insisted and even tried to scoot over and sit with Chaeyoung on their table.

Chaeyoung, obviously, is starting to feel uncomfortable and doesn't know what to do. Jisoo's still busy shoving her tongue down another person's throat.

"I really don't want it, sir." Chaeyoung refused again. But the guy already put his arm around her shoulder, getting dangerously too close.

"Come on! Just one drink. You don't have to drive later. I know you. You're Chaeyoung Park. Why would a chaebol like you drive around by herself?"

Jisoo suddenly pushed Suho away. "I'm tired." She declared leaving Suho quite confused. "I'm going to the restroom. Wanna come?" She said and took her purse. Suho followed suit thinking it was an invite for him but Jisoo pushed him again. "What are you doing, boring?" Then she turned to Chaeyoung and gave her a look. "Are you coming or not?" She asked again.

That's when Chaeyoung realized. It was an excuse for her to escape from that uncomfortable situation that she felt so relieved she walked away so fast.

Inside the restroom, only the muffled noise from the booming speakers can be heard. Jisoo started fixing her makeup in front of the mirror.

"Thanks, Chi." Chaeyoung started.

Jisoo looked at her in the mirror. "For what?" She asked acting like she's clueless. She knows what Chaeyoung's thanking for. After all, Chaeyoung is like her sister. Not to mention Chaeyoung even almost became her sister-in-law. She felt responsible as the big sister.

Instead of saying, Chaeyoung just smiled and started retouching her makeup as well. "You're drunk." Chaeyoung joked.

Jisoo replied, "Of course I'm drunk. Why are you still here?" Jisoo smacked her lips after applying lipstick. "Let's go get some drinks if you're not leaving then."

Without even thinking anymore if she's driving later or not, Chaeyoung happily accepted. "Okay!" She beamed as she linked arms with Jisoo and made their way to the bar.