Chapter 22

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

"You are dismissed." Said the professor as he slammed his book close.

Almost immediately, the entire class dissipated from the venue. Chanyeol was the first one to leave the classroom. He heads straight to the parking lot by the building, and as soon as he got into his car, he revved the engine up and drove away. His destination wasn't that far though. Soo he stopped and parked in front of the University Dorm.

"Hi!" He said, stepping out of the car with his trademark smile.

He slammed the car door shut and walked towards the bench were Joohyun is sitting looking like a carrot in her orange hoodie. Despite the unreciprocated greeting, Chanyeolwithout any troublesat on the bench and automatically laid his head on the woman's knees to rest. His smile never failing and closed his eyes.

Instead of pushing him away, Joohyun didn't do anything. Persistent, Chanyeol pulled one of Joohyun's hands that were warmly tucked in her hoodie and put it on his forehead asking to be petted like he's a dog. 

"Why are we doing this in the cold?" She asked, giving in and started his hair.

"Because I'm tired of hiding in the closet whenever your roommate comes home. This time, I'd like to hide in that bushes if such an emergency occurs." Chanyeol replied, pointing blindly at the plants lining up the walls of the dormitory. "Besides, isn't this nice?"

It was nice, Joohyun would have to admit to that. Just the right amount of chilly autumnm breeze and the sky was beginning to paint orange as the sun was setting. It's not the most romantic scene for a date but at the moment, it was perfect.

Joohyun and Chanyeol are actually dating which Jisoo doesn't know and it always bothered her. Jisoo isn't the kind of person who peers into other people's lives so there weren't really many incidents where she had to lie to her roommate. But given the history between Jisoo and Chanyeol, soometimes she would get jealous.

"Why can't we tell her? So what if you were engaged before."

Chanyeol peeked one eye open to look at his girlfriend's jealous face and laughed to himself.

"You probably heard this from your roommate countless times but we were never engaged."

"But still—"

"You have nothing to be jealouus about,, carrot."

"You've done and will do a lot of things for her."

"So do you and so would you. Doesn't mean you're less important to me. Right?"

He was right. Despite getting jealous, Joohyun would do a lot of things for Jisoo as well. And Chanyeol has always proved his love for her.

Chanyeol sat up with a slight grunt and heaved a deeep and loud sigh thinking his girlfriend at least deserves a little more explanation. His relationship with Jisoo has always been complicated from the first day they met. Now, even more so.

"Since I was little... I've already accepted the fact that my marriage wouldn't be my own choice. WHen I met Jisoo, we were only kids. I'll admit it made me happy when I found out our fathers arrangegd us. I guess my mind really worked ideally for an heir. I only thought: if I don't get to have ordinary people's love story, I'll just work hard to make this one work. And that I did but..."

"But?" Joohyun peered curiouisly.

Chanyeol chuckled finding Joohyun's expression cute. But then his smile slightly changged when he finally answered.

"When she said she wanted to break it of... I was relieved."

After hearing this from her boyfriend, Joohyun understood him a little bit more. Why Chanyeol is so protective of Jisoo and why he cares so much about her and her father. Joohyun knows what happened between the two families but she never knew how Chanyeol felt about it until now. At first she thought he's only doing it because Chaeyoung likes Jisoo so much.

"You never like her in that way. No matter how much you tried." Joohyun put the words right out of Chanyeol's mouth.

He chuckled ironically not being able to deny it.

Chanyeol looked straight ahead blankly. His profile blocking the sunset view as Joohyun scanned his expression. The wrinkle at the corner of his lips as he chuckled points to his prominent dimple. And it may be the sunset rays but Joohyun noticed a glint of guilt in Chanyeol's eyes. Guilt towards Jisoo for not being able to protect her? Her jealous mind takes over once again.

"Did she?"

"What? Like me? Tell me, between me and myy sister, who do you think Jisoo likes?" Chanyeol laughed.

She didn't think of that.

"Good point. But it still doesn't explain why we can't tell her."

Sulking, Joohyun left the bench leaving Chanyeol confused and dumbfounded.

"What? Fine let's tell her! I'll tell her right now, look I'm sending her a message!"

He waved his phone around to show as proof but the carrot girl never looked back.  

--

While waiting for clothes to dry in the dryer, there's really nothing much else to do than to fiddle with your phone. Jisoo just kept refreshing Chaeyoung's instagram page in case the girl uploads a new selca or even just a picture of her violin. But to no avail. She'd be lying if she says she haven't been thinking about the cafeteria incident.

'Was I too harsh on her?' She wondered.

A notification popped up which gave Jisoo false hope only find out it's just from the wrong Park.

pain in the
I have something to tell you
I'm dating your roommate

Jisoo let out a scoff and clicked her tongue.

"Did those idiots really think I didn't know?"

Ignoring it, Jisoo swiped the eyesore away from her phone screen when another notification popped up on her screen.

Jennie Kim
I have something to tell you

"Why do people have a lot to tell me today?"

She was about to ignore it when another notification popped up.

Jennie Kim
1 image attached

Curious, Jisoo tapped on the notification to view the picture. Her eyes were never this big when she saw it. With her heart pounding, Jisoo replied hurriedly.

Jennie Kim
I have something to tell you
1 image attached
Can we meet? I need to talk to you.