Chapter 5

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Having a common class together, Jennie and Seulgi naturally stuck with each other. Though at first Jennie didn't think Seulgi actually would want to hang out. It just so happens that they always coincidently meet since the first day. And Seulgi seemed very nonchalant about making friends. After all, she's an Economics Major and the Economics Majors has this reputation. They are rich and posh and are difficult to get close to. Not to mention their College Dean is the youngest Dean in the campus and often throws parties. That's why they are the most sought after in campus.

But, well, contrary to Jennie's initial thoughts, here she is eating lunch with Seulgi Kang of the College of Business and Economics at the cafeteria as she has been for the past two weeks.

Seulgi on the other hand really just generally doesn't care.



"Did you know Jisoo Kim founded an orphanage for girls with her father's help?"

'Here she goes again.' Seulgi thought as she listened to Jennie talking about Jisoo Kim's Mother Teresa charities again. In the short time that Seulgi has known Jennie yet, she's only been talking about Jisoo Kim. She can't really complain either. Everything that Jennie's been saying are all true. Except that they were old news. How would Jennie react when she finds out that the Mother Teresa she's been looking up to is... well not so Mother Teresa anymore?

"Isn't her father in jail?" Seulgi asked. Carefully. You know? Just dipping her toes in the water. She doesn't know which countryside Jennie is from but if she knows this much about Jisoo Kim, then she should know about it.

Jennie scowled at Seulgi. For a second there Seulgi thought Jennie was gonna scratch her face off for asking such a question against her 'Jisoo-nim.' Fortunately Jennie just rolled her eyes.

"I know." Jennie said. "But that's her father. And she's not her father."

"Yeah but —well..." Seulgi pondered for a moment. But she couldn't disagree with what Jennie said. And it's not like she asked that question to argue otherwise. So she just shrugged it off to end the topic.

"Let's talk about something else." Seulgi proposed.

"Like what?"

Seulgi smiled. Bit creepily to be honest on Jennie's side. "How would you like to go on a date with me?"

"A what?"

"This weekend. You. Me."

"Seulgi wait"

"With a bunch of other girls."

"Seriously?"

"And of course boys."

"Oh. Oh? Oh! Oh... I don't get it."

Jennie has never been this stressed in just under 20 seconds. She's literally smoking and the smoke is probably the three good years that is evaporating from her lifespan. And the fact that she just said 'oh' in four different ways is not helping her feel less embarassed at all.

"It's a group blind date sweetie. Why are you fuming? You look so dumb." Seulgi laughed. She freaking laughed!

'Can you blame me??' Jennie wanted to say that out loud but she was too busy fanning herself to calm her nerves down. Nevertheless, Seulgi just proceeded to explainig what this is all about.

"Taeyeon arranged this thing for the girls of our department." She said. In this bit she leaned close to be discrete. "I think she's really just doing this as an excuse for her to find herself a boyfriend too." Then she leaned back again. "But she wants you there. She says you're the bait and the boys are econ majors as well from another school."

Jennie took a deep breath first. "Okay, first of all, did you really just diss your college dean? Second, why do you only call her by her first name? And lastly, why the hell would you do that?"

Again, Seulgi just laughed. "Do what? Come on, are you coming or not?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

Jennie held up three fingers in the air and started counting down reasons why she's not going. "I'm not from your department. I'm not some fish food that you can hook on a string--"

"A bait." Seulgi inserted.

"And I don't have time for it."

"Hmm... Okay."

'That was surprisingly easy to refuse.' Jennie thought.

"Why do you want to go to these group blind dates anyway?" Jennie asked.

It seemed like it was the most ridiculous question Seulgi has ever heard. She looked Jennie in the eyes and answered, "Sweetheart, this is university life. We're suppose to go to these kind of things! But really, it's your choice. Here's a little something: you can choose what or who to care about. So if you really don't want to go, I respect that. That's your choice. I guess we'll just invite Jisoo Kim to be our bait instead."

"Wait—"

Just then, Seulgi glanced at her watch. "Lunch time is over. I have to go to class."

"I changed my mind! I'll go!" Jennie blurted out of impulse.

"Really?"

"No."

"Jennie!!!"

"Alright! Alright! But only if Jisoo Kim comes too! I don't want to be the only bait."

Seulgi smiled again much like her slightly creepy smile earlier. "Sure! The more popular girls there are, the more successful this event will be. See you later, sweetheart!"

As soon as Seulgi left, Jennie just sat there smiling, obviously excited.