Chapter 15

Black Meets Pink : Cold Night and Cherry Blossoms (JenSoo University AU fic)

Image result for korean kitchen

"Granny where's the ramyun?"

Kitchenwares and cabinets noisily clashes and creaks in the middle of the night as Jennie desperately looks for a pack of instant noodles. Unbelievably so, her grandmother forgot to stack up. Jennie believes it is illegal for a Korean household to not have a supply of ramyun stacked up in the kitchen always.

Jennie whined. Hungry and craving for a slurp of thick noodles with kimchi. Her grandmother who probably did not hear the ruckus she's making, did not answer. At this time of hour the elderly are either asleep or watching a replay of their favorite drama in their own room.

Jennie lives with her grandmother now. She used to live with her parents in New Zealand but she moved back to Korea to enroll into college. At first, her parents were hesitant to let her go since Jennie has never lived in Korea before. But her grandmother is getting old now too. Jennie's dad did not want to send his mom into a home after leaving her to move to New Zealand. Jennie willingly took the responsibility.

Much to Jennie's dismay, there was no ramyun hidden anywhere in the kitchen.

"I'm too lazy to go out." Jennie sighed by herself and pouted. "But i want ramyun~" She cried.

Ultimately, Jennie went out to get herself a warm cup of ramyun. Little did she know a little surprise was waiting for her at the convenience store.

--

"Oh! You're here!"  Jennie's voice sounded more than surprised when she saw Jisoo Kim. Her eyes were locked on the pavement, misty. And her hand was timidly tugging at the edge of the guy's sleeve. Jisoo's gaze turned to her and the expression on her face that looked forlorn immediately changed in a split second.

"Oh!" The guy Jisoo was with sounded surprised too. Jennie recognized him immediately. His picture used to be next to Jisoo's on the newspaper a lot. "Wah I did not expect to meet you here for the first time. You're Jennie Kim right?"

Flustered, Jennie could only smile and nod. She heard from Seulgi that she's quite the new buzz around campus since the freshmen orientation day but she never realized it really. Having Chanyeol Park recognize her was quite a testimony.

"Are you following me?" Jisoo's prickly voice sliced through the coy atmosphere of meeting for the first time between Jennie and Chanyeol.

"I actually live in this neighborhood." Jennie answered.

"Do you know each other?" The tall guy pried. "Ah! That's right. Earlier this morning, you were with Jennie Kim and you ignored me. Why didn't you tell me you're friends with Jennie?"

"It's none of your business, Park. Weren't you leaving?"

"Tch." Chanyeol clicked his tongue, pocketing both his hands in his coat to keep warm from the chill autumn breeze. "Always so stingy." He mumbled, towards Jennie's direction which made the girl in her pink pajamas laugh.

"I heard that."

"Whatever, Kim. Anyway, I have to go."

Chanyeol took another second to look at Jisoo again. Jisoo was looking back at him knowing exactly what he's trying to say. But Chanyeol's expression was understanding, and he nodded as if saying, okay. He turned towards Jennie's direction again.

"I'm sure you already know me but I'm Chanyeol Park."

Jisoo's head was shaking in disapproval at the background. "Always so full of himself." She mumbled to herself.

"It may be abrupt and short but it was nice meeting Yonsei's smiling fairy, Jennie Kim." He said as he took Jennie's hand and gave it a soft kiss. Jisoo feigned disgust by pretending to vomit.

Before completely saying goodbye, Chanyeol gathered all the food he bought and couldn't eat first; even slurping down what's left of his cup ramyun in one gulp making sure there was nothing left to waste.

"Now, I must away." He said charismatically, but watching him go hugging a bunch of chips and dumping them into his car only made Jennie crack up.

"You were engaged with that guy?" Jennie asked laughing nonstop while she points at Chanyeol's car as it drove away.

"How many times do I have to say w--wait a minute..." Jisoo stammered all of a sudden. "That bastard just left me here? How am I suppose to get a ride back to the dormitory? I did not bring cash!"

Jisoo cursed. She let her head hang and bump it on the plastic table as she groaned. "I don't wanna have to walk home." She grumbled. "But I can't ask Joo to pick me up this time too!"

Jennie who was just listening (as usual) and watching Jisoo whine by herself like a child, decided to sit on the chair Chanyeol was sitting in before. Realizing Jennie's presence, Jisoo lifted her head up to look at Jennie and a spontaneous idea popped up her head.

"Do you drink?" Jisoo asked.

It was out of nowhere so Jennie wasn't sure what to answer.

"Did you bring money with you?"

"I was going to buy a cup ramyun so..." Jennie uttered, fishing out a few bills and coins out from her pocket to show Jisoo.

"Would you like to have a soju drink with me?"