Leaves

Imagining Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Searing pain shot up her arm, quickly spreading throughout her entire body. She felt like she was covered in flames. 

 

She was changing. It'd be only a matter of minutes when she would no longer be herself. 

 

Joohyun was shouting at her for being a damn fool. She was yelling that she shouldn't have done it. Tears streamed down her face, fists pounded against her chest and shoulder.

 

Seungwan weakly gripped onto Joohyun's incoming hands, yanking her into an embrace.

 

"I'm selfish," she began. "I'm sorry but I couldn't bare watching you die."

 

"And you think I'd rather watch you die?!"

 

"Of course not but let's face it," Seungwan pulled back slightly, fighting the change for just a few more moments. "I was never gonna make it. Not when I'd give my own life for you."

 

"I never asked you to."

 

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Joohyun."

 

"How am I supposed to go on without you?" Joohyun sobbed into her neck, arms clutching tight around her.

 

"You're Bae Joohyun, you'll find a way." Seungwan knew her time was down to maybe seconds. "But you need to go now."

 

"I'm not leaving-" A rough shake by the shoulders.

 

"Go!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter