You're the only one I'd do this parenting thing with

Imagining Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is it my turn yet?” Seulgi whined for the seventh time. She’d been whining for the past ten minutes, following whoever the baby had been passed onto next, anxiously bouncing.

 

And finally, “Yes, it’s your turn now so stop with the puppy dog eyes.”

 

Seungwan watched Sooyoung carefully place the little bundle into Seulgi’s waiting arms, grinning at how Seulgi squealed when the baby yawned. It was a warming sight because to her it looked like a much bigger baby holding a newborn baby.

 

Arms slipped past her own and wound themselves around her waist. Joohyun laid a quick peck on her cheek before nestling against her shoulder. “We gotta keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn’t steal our son.”

 

“Let her. She’ll bring him right back when he poops.”

 

Imagining the battle of a panicky Seulgi and a poop diaper brought much joy to her.

 

Joohyun hummed in agreement. “Yeah, you’re right. Speaking of poop diapers,” the fond expression Seulgi had is replaced with a grimace as she sniffs a few times. She whips her head towards them, eyes full of pleading. “I changed it last time.”
 

“What--Seriously?!”

 

“Hey, you were the one who suggested taking turns.”

 

Seungwan groaned, wishing she wasn’t so fair and caring. “Fine.”

 

Looking like a savior sent from above, Seulgi praised her. “You’re a godsend for doing such labor.”

 

“Seulgi, she’s only changing a diaper,” said Sooyoung.
 

“But a poop diaper!” Yeri threw in from the sidelines.

 

“It’s not even that bad.” Seungwan contained her wincing from the smell of poop when she opens the diaper. “Smells just like roses. Plus, it’s the least I can do when Joohyun practically did all the work.”

 

From the sofa, Joohyun nods appreciatively. “You’re damn right.”

 

All was going well in the midst of wiping. Sooyoung and Seulgi tried making the baby laugh despite him only being a few weeks old. Yeri was avidly taking pictures of him, declaring she was going to start an IG page for him. And Joohyun was, well, relaxing on the sofa as she soaks in the luxury of not changing the diaper.

 

But, when Seungwan reached for the clean diaper and prepared to put it on her sweet munchkin, a water show began. Without warning, she’s sprayed at and all four women panic and suddenly don’t know how to act civil. 

 

(Exception being Joohyun because she never panics.)

 

Seulgi runs to the bathroom screaming about grabbing towels. Far, far in the corner of the living room, Yeri laughs crazily behind her phone, recording everything as she yells that this would be going on Twitter. Sooyoung takes cover behind the sofa, using a throw pillow to shield herself. Seungwan is frozen on the spot, defeated at being drenched. And as the most stable, Joohyun chuckles at the entire situation, cooing at her baby as she successfully changes him.

 

“I’ve got five towels! Is that enough?!” panted Seulgi, actually holding five entire towels.

 

“He’s a baby! Not the Hulk!”

 

“I only wanted to be safe!”

 

Sooyoung snorted, planting herself on the sofa after deeming the area safe. “Too late for safe anyways. Seungwan is soaked from baby pee.”

 

“And I caught it all on camera.”

 

“You better not post it,” warned Seungwan.

 

“Too late.” Yeri cackled as she tapped away on her phone. “Don’t worry though, you’ll be Twitter famous.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter