Coffee, last minute studying, and a desperate girlfriend

Imagining Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun was not a fan of coffee. 

 

She found it rather difficult to understand how many individuals drooled over the bitter drink. But there were times she did drink some, however, it had to be to the point of sweetness that the bitter taste of coffee didn’t exist. (Seungwan always made fun of her by saying she liked coffee with her creamer.)

 

So here she was carrying two coffees. One black with two sugars and the other loaded with vanilla creamer and little more coffee than usual. Finals week was coming in soon like an impending storm and Joohyun needed a little more caffeine than usual.

 

When she walked into her dorm, she laughed at the sight that greeted her. Seungwan laid still on the floor, surrounded by highlighters, endless notes, and a book across her face. It was so adorable.

 

Then Seungwan snapped up, sniffing loudly. “I smell coffee. Gimme.”

 

“No please?”

 

“There’s no time for that.”

 

“If you don’t say please, I’ll drink your coffee.”

 

“You’ll die.”

 

Joohyun arched a brow. “Is that a threat?”

 

“No, you’ll seriously die. Like, that’s how terrible it would be for you.”

 

She eyed the styrofoam cup that had black written on it and shivered in disgust. “Good point.” she handed Seungwan her cup and was fascinated each time how she sipped it without grimacing.

 

Surely if Joohyun had the tiniest sip she’d shrivel like a slug being buried under salt.

 

“Thanks, babe. I really needed this.”

 

“Anything for you.” Joohyun ruffled Seungwan’s hair as she joined her on the floor.

 

When Seungwan texted her three hours ago that she was coming in hot, Joohyun thought it was a code for something else, something more passionate than their current situation. Instead, Seungwan was coming in hot with a ton of books that needed re-reading and notes needing highlighting.

 

As much as she believed that studying was important she couldn’t help the feeling of being ignored bother her as she tried to accomplish some eye contact between them. She wasn’t usually clingy but she’d already been studying for weeks and memorized the material as if it were her favorite song.

 

Unlike Seungwan who apparently thought last minute studying was more efficient (which it was not) but there was no changing her mind.

 

“Seungwaaaaaaaan” she drawled out, hoping it was cuter than annoying.

 

“In a moment, Hyun.” was the same response she’d received for the past twenty or so minutes.

 

“How many moments must I wait for my girlfriend to cherish me with love?”

 

And she was answered with the same, “In a moment, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun puffed her cheeks, looking around for something to keep her occupied before she murdered her beloved but she didn’t own the most interesting items. She finished her coffee already but Seungwan was barely halfway done with hers.

 

“Are you not gonna finish your drink?” but she continued before Seungwan could. “Yeah, yeah, in a moment.”

 

Was this how wilting flowers felt? When they weren’t given enough water or love in her case? Never did she imagine to sympathize with a plant but promised to never ignore one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter