A kitty

Imagining Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An orange ball of fluff stared at her innocently from the passenger seat. Wendy stared back, gently banging her head against the steering wheel. Why did she have to own the biggest, kindest heart ever?

 

Her girlfriend always said it was her strength and weakness.

 

“Do you promise to behave when we go inside?” she asked the tiny kitten as if it could understand her. Maybe it did. There was plenty of time for science to find that out.

 

She braced for her soul, hoping her beloved wouldn’t completely lose it once she took note of the tiny animal in her hold.

 

“I’m home!” Wendy announced shakily, making sure the kitten kept quiet.

 

“Bedroom!”

 

There were two options:

 

Take this chance to hide the kitten somewhere.

Be honest with Irene

 

Both options were dangerous.

 

Wendy gulped nervously as she walked to the bedroom. The kitten must’ve sensed she was panicking because it started rubbing its head against her. Gah. Too cute.

 

She hid the tiny thing behind her back as she leaned against the doorframe, watching Irene put away some laundry of theirs.

 

Irene noticed her arrival and asked, “Hungry?”

 

Nope. More like scared. But Wendy hummed in response anyways. “Starving.”

 

“Should we order take out?”

 

“Yeah, whatever you want.”

 

“Really?” Irene’s tone didn’t lack suspicion. “You never give in so easily.”

 

“I’m feeling generous today.” The kitten could agree with her.

 

“In that case, I want Chinese.”

 

“Sounds good.”

 

Now, Wendy! Tell her now! Just show her the kitten!

 

Irene must’ve sensed her inner turmoil because she raised a brow at her in question. “You alright, babe? You look a bit pale.”

 

“I’m great!” she squeaked a bit too loud and instantly regretted it because it shocked not just Irene and her self but also the cat. The small thing somehow leaped out of her hands and ran inside the bedroom.

 

Irene immediately yelped and jumped onto the bed. “A rat!”

 

Wendy groaned, facepalming. “It’s not a rat.”

 

“The hell it ain't!”

 

“It’s a cat.”

 

“A what?!”

 

Getting on all fours, Wendy crawled around trying to find the frightened animal, softly cooing for it. It finally came out from under the bed and into her hold.

 

“I found it hiding under a bench when I was walking to the sandwich shop during lunch.”

 

“And you just took it with you to work?! And decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter