Five

Best Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo was walking back and forth in the hallways. It has been almost an hour since they've reached the hospital, there was still no sign of the doctor coming out of the emergency room Jiyoon was in. He tried to calm himself down but he still couldn't. He thought about all the possibilities that could happen. What if they lost the baby? What if something happened to her? All these thoughts were making him dizzy, he exhaled shakily and sat down on the chair.

A few minutes later, the doctor who was in charge of Jiyoon came out. Jisoo jolted up immediately without missing a step, startling the doctor.

"How's her and the baby?" 

"Sir, you need to calm down," the doctor put his hands on Jisoo's shoulder upon seeing his tear-streaked face and disheveled hair. 

Jisoo was anxious, what happened?  He was going crazy. He couldn't afford losing her and the baby right now. He had already grown a soft spot for the baby the moment Jiyoon told him that she was pregnant with his child.

"The mother and the baby is safe."

Jisoo sighed in relief, tears almost coming out. He was glad that everything was fine. "Thank you, doctor. May I come in?"

The doctor nodded before patting his shoulder and left him alone to attend other patients.

Jisoo opened the door as quietly as possible, careful not to wake Jiyoon up. He smiled upon seeing her sleeping peacefully on the bed, unbothered. He took a seat beside her bed and brushed off her hair that was on her face. She is beautiful. 

Looking at her like this, made him realised that he was still deeply in love with her. Even after the divorce, he never really made an effort on moving on. He still had her number, he still kept their wedding ring and he still had the gifts she gave to him from the years they dated and got married.

They were high school sweethearts, dating from freshmen year and got married during second year of college at the age of twenty one. Everyone envied them for being together for such a long time, they were always seen together. But the marriage didn't last long. They were only married for a year before things went downhill. They weren't spending a lot of time with each other, their parents were  pressuring th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter