o4. Mysterious

Between the Living and the Dead.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on Myungsoo." I snarled at him, but quietly. 

"I was just joking around. I see you caring about him, hm?"

"He's a close friend."

"Whatever you say then. I'm still debating with myself whether to finish you off or not." He sighed.

Finish me off?

"What if you killed the innocent? You said you wouldn't kill the innocent."

"I don't know. I thought I finally found her, but here you are, denying that you're the assassin."

"That's because I'm not the girl who killed you. I might look like her, but I'm definitely not her. I swear."

He nodded, pondering once again.

"I'm just going to head to the library to meet Myungsoo. Follow if you want to, I don't really mind anymore."

----

To my surprise, he did not follow me along to the library like I thought he would. He was like a stalker, watching over my every move, but this time he decided not to.

"Myungsoo." I pulled a chair and sat opposite him.

"Oh, Chaewon you're here. Took you long enough, is he still not convinced?"

I shrugged.

"Anyways, about my conversation with Namu. He was just telling me about how spirits have rules too. They are allowed to linger here for 49 days before going back to either heaven or hell. "

Myungsoo nodded and purged me to continue.

"Namu made a decision though; he chose to have the ability to touch earthly things during his stay here, so now he can't go back until his job is done."

"Wait, he's not going to kill you is he? If he is, I swear I won't let him do so. He has to go through me before getting to you." Myungsoo said, though with slight emotion, his face was still his normal expression.

"I won't let him, since I can see him, and feel his aura."

"He's not around right? Seeing that you're talking about him so comfortably."

I smiled and nodded, after looking around to confirm that he wasn't hiding anywhere. Myungsoo let out a sigh of relief. It was pretty amazing to see Myungsoo having expressions on his face once in a while. The first time I met him, he was as hard as a brick. He didn't have much friends, and when we both managed to get into the top class two years ago, we were fated as class partners.

He didn't talk much during classes, but sometimes would prod me in the arm, and then point at my eraser, or sometimes my notes, asking if he could lend them. During discussion for projects though, he was suppose to be contributing ideas, but instead I was the only one talking and he just nodded or shook his head. I started talking to him more often after that, since he was my partner, and I had to make him talk so it would be easier to discuss things.

I would tell him jokes to see his reactions, and sometimes he would stifle a giggle or just smile. I was glad when I made such a process, and soon enough, he opened up his heart and would talk once in a while. Day by day, I urged him to talk by asking him several questions, and slowly, he would reply to everything I say. After we got along, he would start asking me questions and get to know more about me. Although I've made this achievement, Myungsoo still doesn't talk much to anyone, other than me and Sungjong.

I looked up at Myungsoo, who was flipping the pages of an old book. Suddenly, I felt Namu's aura. It was a strong one, but it was also a calm one. I could recognize his aura pretty easily, since it felt different compared to other spirits. He felt more lively, more alive than the others.

"Namu?" I turned around, and saw Namu stop in his tracks.

Myungsoo looked up from his book and stared at me.

"I'm guessing you felt my aura?" Namu sighed as he pulled a chair and sat down beside me.

Myungsoo's eyes widened a little before going back to its original size.

"Yeah, I did. Are you alright, Namu?" I noticed that he was a little different.

His aura, although seemed normal, yet something was different about it.

"I've decided to believe you."

I grinned, finally able to convince him in believing that I wasn't an assassin.

"But, you have to promise me something." He continued.

"What would that be?"

"You would have to find the assassin for me. It wouldn't be hard, would it? Just look for someone that looks like you."

"What? This world is huge, Namu! She could be anywhere!"

A librarian came over to our table and warned us to keep quiet.

"Let's just leave the library for now. School's already over anyway." Myungsoo grabbed my arm and Namu followed us behind.

----

"I would agree to help you, Namu, but apparently we have no idea where she could be. She might be in London and we don't even know it!" 

"Well, I can stay here forever anyway. The only reason I'd kill her now is to have revenge and so that I can go back to where I belong. You have to help me, or I'll just finish you off and come to conclusion that you're the assassin."

"Is that a threat, Namu? I know I'm not in a condition to be arguing with you, seeing that my life might be taken away if I say the wrong words, but you won't go back if you killed the innocent. I will help you, alright? But if I can't find her, you can't blame me and say I never tried."

"Don't worry, I have lots of time."

___________________________________

Are you guys glad I finally updated? :D Haha. Well, it took some time to write this, seeing that I'm kinda stuck and have two other fanfics to write. Deepest apologies. /bows/ Anyways, thank you all for you support!