o1. Stalker

Between the Living and the Dead.

I was waiting at the bus stop with my brother Howon, the usual thing we do every morning. Of course, with spirits swarming around, cackling at their own jokes... or playing pranks on anyone. They could touch us, but we can't touch them. Except for me, that is.

Howon and I boarded the bus. Just like any other day, he moved to the seats way at the back, where his friends sat. While I sat alone. Well, not exactly alone...

"Hi." A nerdy-looking spirit greeted me as he sat on the seat beside me.

I whispered back a soft 'hello', careful not to let anyone else hear me.

"You know, you're quite pretty." The guy spirit continued.

"Thanks?" I mumbled.

Sungyeol and Sungjong boarded the bus after a couple of minutes.

"Hey, Chaewon." Sungjong greeted and plopped into the seat next to mine.

"OH MY GOSH DID HE JUST SIT ON ME?" The spirit wailed in a high-pitched voice.

Annoyed, I whispered, 'Shut up!'

Sungjong's eyes widened and he seemed taken aback.

I waved my hand at him, telling him it was a spirit I was talking to.

"Do they bother you everyday? Isn't it kinda creepy? Everyday you wake up to see a spirit floating about in your house."

I thought about it and nodded.

Then again, it's not that creepy, since the spirit in my house was my grandfather, who tries to find the salt in the kitchen everyday. He said that he's never got to find the salt in the kitchen before, and he wants to find it before he dies peacefully. He's weird, I know.

"Not really." I answered after a while.

----

There aren't many spirits at school, unless you mean those nerdy girl spirits who follow their crush around the school, or the guy spirits who sit at a desk smiling at the girls they once loved. We even have a spirit who works as the janitor at school. He doesn't do his job well though... Students have been slipping everywhere they go.

"Hey, you." Someone grabbed me by the shoulder.

"What?" I didn't bother to turn around.

Sungjong who was standing beside me thought I was talking to him.

"I didn't say anything."

"Someone's behind me." I told him. 

"There's no one..." Sungjong turned to look.

I turned behind only to meet face to face with the janitor spirit.

"What?!" I whispered, hoping no one else would notice I was talking to the air again.

Sungjong turned around so that he would be facing the spirit as well.

"You know, I've always been around this school, and I've been watching out for you for a couple of years-"

"Stalker?"

"NO! Just let me finish. I noticed this boy-"

I raised an eyebrow.

"-a spirit-" He quickly added.

I looked at him with bored expression on my face.

"-who has been STALKING you since you came to school this morning. He followed you down the bus, and he's just around the corner watching you. I can't hang around too long, he might get suspicious. I'm not sure if he knows you can see him though, or me."

"You stalk me too. He might be just like you."

"I don't stalk you!" He hissed. "I'm keeping an eye of you, I'm really sick of those boys who call you a nerd and say you're a freak."

So the janitor was actually a pretty nice guy. Come to think of it, those students who slipped are those who once teased me, which includes almost everybody in my class, except for Myungsoo.

"Oh, thanks. But am I suppose to be afraid of him?"

I thought of the nerd-looking guy spirit on the bus.

"Oh! Does he wear thick-framed glasses?"

People started staring at me, because I think I said that a bit too loud.

Sungjong quickly covered it up for me. 

"Yeah, that's the one..." He trailed off, uncertain of what else to say.

"No, no glasses. He wears a simple T-shirt, and his hair is a bit messy, like he just woke up or some sort. You should keep an eye on him, I heard him whispering something about 'she's the one I'm looking for' and 'revenge is sweet'."

"Revenge?" I lowered my voice so that it was only audible to the spirit and Sungjong. "I've never done anything to anyone. Are you sure he was staring at me? I'm sure I didn't see him on the bus..."

"Well, I can only be sure he's been following you around, and I have to go now. Take care, and don't die."

That is surely a nice way to tell someone to be safe.

"Sungjong, you know what? Let's just head to our classes first, I'm sure Myungsoo will be waiting for me at class."

"I really don't know what's going on..." 

"It's okay, just go on to your class now. Bye!"

"Bye." He waved and ran off to his class.

I turned around to see if I might see the spirit with messy bed-hair... and true enough, there was someone, hiding behind the wall, watching me. Startled, I hurried back to class to inform this to the one person who understood me most - Myungsoo.

 

__________________________________________________________

The bed-hair spirit has come to find her~ I'm sure you all know who it is, it's pretty obvious I know. /facepalm/

Anyways, I hope this chapter wasn't too bad!

Please view my other story too! - Glad I Met You :)