1. Time

The 30 Themes Drabble Challenge (TabiSan Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Time Killer

Word Count: 639.

Time start: 5:11 p.m.

Time end: 5:36 p.m.

Choi Seunghyun was a man of habits, she knew this as she glances at the wall clock. Nine twenty. She has ten minutes to makes herself presentable, steam his two percent milk for his latte, heat up his bran muffin and think of something interesting to say. She looks at her face on the stowed mirror beneath the cash register. Her lips were cracked. She takes her cherry lip balm and swipe it carelessly across her lips. She takes out the carton of milk and pours just the exact amount for his Grande Latte, she gives a free pump of sugar free vanilla syrup to which she will earn a wink of gratitude later. She checks the time, nine tweny six, four minutes. She places a bran muffin in the microwave sets the timer at thirty seconds. She waits until it's nine twenty nine and thirty seconds before she presses the start button.

She does all this preparation amidst the throng of other customers. "Good morning, Mister Kim! Here's your mocha with extra caramel on top." She smiles at him sweetly. The ping of the microwave signals the man of habit, the man of time... Choi Seunghyun.

"Good Morning, Dara." She grabs the muffin from the microwave. Deliciously warm, steam diffusing from its glistening top (she had taken the liberty of buttering it for him.) and hands him his latte. She smiles.

Their eyes connect and her time stops. "Hi."

He gives her a ten dollar bill and takes a sip of his perfect mildly sweetened coffee and gives her an appreciative wink.

She tucks her hair self consciously and wonder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter