Chapter Six

where you should've been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His hands are still shaking and the room key falls from his fingers. Repeating an action it must have memorised by now.

 

“Dammit.” Woohyun hisses, picking the key up for the hundredth time. Closing his eyes he wills his hands to stop for just a moment so he can unlock his room. After countless deep breathes he tries again. The door unlocks and he stumbles in, almost like he’s drunk, but he’s not, he’s sober, in his opinion too sober.

 

The door shuts with a click and locks behind him. He slides down the cream coloured door, pulling his knees to his chest, elbows resting on them as his fingers thread through his hair, tugging slightly on the strands. He tries to mimic the breathing techniques Sungyeol had used on his early, they help prevent another panic attack, despite Woohyun forgetting half of the steps.

 

He stares blankly at the burgundy carpet floor that contrasts harshly with the olive green walls. Distracting himself by criticising the hotel’s colour pallet, they had repainted since he and Sunggyu had occupied the space. He finds himself missing the white and baby blue colour scheme it once had before.

 

Glancing at the clock he realises its breaching two thirty, it was still so early in the afternoon. At this time many others are out enjoying themselves, full of life but Woohyun is drained from the emotional stress he’s experienced earlier and instead lets himself fall onto the mustard yellow bed sheets, wrapping himself in the duvet. Welcoming sleep and the dreams that are sure to come with it.

 

Woohyun opens his eyes slightly, feeling light as a feather, like all of his worries have been taken away. He closes his eyes again and snuggles further into the bed of white blankets, the warm morning sun creating a pleasant sensation on his face. He hums softly, content with the world around him.

 

The mattress shifts faintly due to the movement of another person in the bed. A hand is placed on Woohyun’s cheek and he’s confused, eyebrows furrowed. He swore he fell asleep alone in a hotel room not in bed with someone.

 

“Hey. What’s with that look?” a voice Woohyun knows too well whispers, not wanting to break the morning atmosphere. His eyes open quickly and he’s stunned to see the man before him. He sits up straight and wraps his arms around the man, face hidden in the crook of his neck.

 

“Sunggyu.” He says his name like a prayer. Shock, happiness, relief, love all woven deeply into the two syllables. “I missed you, I love you.” He pulls back and captures Sunggyu’s lips in a long-awaited kiss. God has he missed the elder’s lips. The kiss is long and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter