Chapter Two

where you should've been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(this is a flashback btw) 

 

Woohyun hums quietly to the music playing through his headphones closing the door behind himself and kicking his shoes off, not bothering to undo the laces. He finds a smile on his face when he spots the familiar guitar case along the wall. He’s home. He takes the headphones from his ears and sits them down on the kitchenette counter after wrapping them around his phone next to the plastic shopping bags he had brought up with him.

 

He strides over to the worn out couch where Sunggyu is spread out, he leans down, wrapping his arms around Sunggyu’s shoulders from behind and kissing his cheek, his partner tenses up, eyes not leaving the TV screen, staying quiet, seemingly ignoring the youngers presence. This confuses Woohyun but he just brushes it off, assuming the elder has had a bad day, he’s been having a lot of those lately.

 

“How was your day?” he asks casually, releasing his grip around Sunggyu’s shoulders and standing up straight again.

 

Sunggyu stays tense and doesn’t reply, he just continues to glare at some innocent idol group on the TV.

 

Woohyun sighs at Sunggyu’s behaviour, it wasn’t exactly uncommon, over the last few weeks the elder had been acting distant and cold towards the younger but Woohyun just brushed it aside as his hyung having a bad day.

 

“Okay then… My day was good, the café wasn’t as busy as usual but that was to be expected due to the rain.” Woohyun hangs his jacket up and begins to make his way over to the kitchenette, with the lack of response from the elder Woohyun continues, “anyways, there’s this new Chinese restaurant that has opened near the café and I was thinking because Chinese is your favourite, that on Sunday-“

 

“We need to talk.” Sunggyu turns to face Woohyun.

 

Woohyun narrows his eyes at his partner, “That’s what I’ve been trying to do for the last 5 minutes.” He mutters just loud enough for Sunggyu to hear, the latter throws a ‘really?’ look his way, the younger rolls his eyes and leans up against the kitchenette bench, arms crossed over his chest, “Okay talk.”

 

Sunggyu doesn’t talk, he just stares at the younger with an expression that sends shivers down his spine and fear beginning to bubble in his stomach.

 

“Don’t look at me like that. It’s, it’s like you’re going to dump me.” Woohyun took the words right out of Sunggyu’s mouth.

 

“That’s exactly what I’m going to do,” Sunggyu mumbles Woohyun doesn’t quite catch it.

 

Woohyun furrows his eyebrows, “What?”

 

“Let’s break up,” Sunggyu says more firmly and this time Woohyun actually catches what the elder has said.

The younger’s heart is pounding out of his chest, his blood running cold, “Why?” he’s in disbelief.

 

The elder takes a deep breath, the words that leave his mouth next making him feel physically sick, “We don’t love each other anymore.”

 

The fear and confusion that once occupied Woohyun’s body is immediately replaced by anger, “Who are you to decide, whethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter