Chapter 2

Tainted Memories

 CHAPTER TWO

            The next morning, my body felt heavier and my eyes won’t open much. My room is still dark and I thought it was still early for me to sleep. I tried to look for my phone while my eyes were close, I felt my phone and grabbed it as I struggled to unlock it. My phone’s brightness made me groan, I had to open one of my eyes to take a peak from the time, ‘6:53’. ! I’m going to be late for my 8 am class! with no time to spare I quickly ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I sprayed my hair with dry shampoo and tied it with a big bun, I wore a simple dress paired with sandals since I don’t have any time to prepare. I grabbed my things and off I go. The school isn’t that far from here but I usually take a bus on the way there to get some early iced mocha to start my day. The bus has already left so I had no other choice but to run. I’m gonna get in trouble for this. Why of all days? I ran as fast as I could and carefully as I can to avoid bumping anyone until I was dodging this old woman and collided with someone else.

 

“OH. I’m sorry! I’m really in a hurry!” I stood up immediately but didn’t bother  to look at the person who I bumped into. I have no time for this shoujo-manga type of morning! I looked at my watch and it’s already 7:49 and I’m still half way to school.

“Sana!” I stopped when someone called my name, quickly looking around to see who it was.

“Im here! Hurry!” It was chaeyoung, she was wearing a helmet and riding this bad looking motorbike. She tossed the other helmet that was hanging from her bike, I was a bit confused why but I wore them and rode behind her.

“where? “ she asks.

“To Wansy! Hurry”

“Give me three minutes”

“Three min-” before I was able to finish my question, she suddenly moved which made me squeal a little. We were moving 80 miles per hour or so, feeling like I was riding a damn roller coaster, I i have no complaints since I really need to get to class. My professor today is a little bit strict and she usually don’t let late comers in her class but I really need to pass that class. After sometime chaeyoung and I had reached the wansy academy, I took off the helmet and gave it to her.

“Thanks chae! I’ll see you later!” I waved at her and started running again. Damn sometimes I wish my room wasn’t in the 6th floor! Why are you so big? I used the stairs since waiting for the elevator to be vacant will be the death of me, plus I’m almost out of breath so why not push myself out of my limit, right?. I saw my professor entering the room a second earlier than I am and I just barely made it before she closed the door.

 

“Oh, minatozaki it’s unusual for you to be late?” She says to me, but I can barely talk right now from all the running I just did and just gave her a sly smile, I don’t think I can even listen to her lectures after this, I’m so out of strength and I feel like I could collapse any moment. I composed myself and went directly to a free seat.

 

“Okay class, before we start our lecture for today I have a little announcement.” everyone was attentively listening to her.

“We have a new transferee. “ as soon as she said the word ‘transferee’ my classmates has already whispered to each other.

“I hope it’s a boy!”

“Hopefully she’s a y one”

Everyone made their own assumptions while I was in my seat just wanting to get it over with, I don’t have any friends anyways so why bother to know who it was. The professor slammed her book on the table to quiet them down.

“If you may, I’m going to call her now” she went to the door and checked if the transferee was ready to go in. While everyone was taking a peak at the door, I was busy digging in my bag that I didn’t notice that they came in already. Everyone was wooing, even the girls are commenting.

“Hi, I’m chaeyoung” My hand stopped moving and I slowly looked up to see the bobbed girl who I was with moments ago. What is she doing here? Is she really the transferee?

“Oh, Sana!” she noticed me and waved, everyone was looking at me and it made feel uneasy from all the attention I’m getting.

“Anyway, Ms. chaeyoung here will be in your care.” She hovered chaeyoung to take a vacant seat which was two chairs behind me. She gave me a little cute wave when she passed by me. The professor starts to write the lectures on the board about ‘Basic principles of Psychology’, almost everyone around me doesn’t give a damn about the subject and the professor feels the same,still,she continues to teach despite the lack of attention from her students.  She teaches kinda okay but I expected for her to be more enthusiastic in teaching what she knows even if it’s just a minor subject for us.

I was jotting down notes when I felt like someone’s been watching me, It’s been bothering me for quite sometime now so I had to look around. My instincts were right, It was chaeyoung. I would take a quick glimpse and I could see her already looking at me, I’m panicking on my seat right now and none of the words from the lecture is sinking in me. What the hell is her problem? I don’t know how long I was jotting down and how long the professor was blabbing but this got to be the longest lecture I’ve been on and I wonder why. As soon as the professor dismissed us I quickly stood up and placed my bag on my shoulders, I turned around and to my surprise chaeyoung was already in front of me.

“Jesus ing christ!” I yelp loudly. “What’s the matter with you?”

“Oh, calm down! I’m sorry!” she says while laughing from my reaction.

“Let’s go?” she says to me while offering her arms for me to link on.

I hesitantly grabbed her arms but made me chuckle a bit.

“So, what are you doing here?”

“What do you mean? I’m a transferee, didn’t you listen?” I pinched her a little bit which made her back away a little.

“No, I’m serious! Are you for instance-” I made a fake gasp and slowly back away from her.

“A what?” her eyes widened from confusion.

“A stalker” I whispered. Chaeyoung’s eye gave me the look of someone who just heard an unbelievable story.

“Nice try sana but no, it just so happens that I enrolled here not knowing you are studying here.”

Suppose what she’s saying is true, then this got to be a miracle sent from the heaven to me ‘cause I’ve been praying for them to give me more motivation to finish my studies despite all the hardships I’ve been through, I finally got someone I can call a friend.

“Now, come on. I’m hungry. Show me the canteen!” she raised her arm like a kid in a field trip. I might’ve giggled too hard that she had to join me too.