The Parks and the Byuns

Accidental Husbands, Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were left stunned inside the coffee shop. It’s been an hour since their mothers left, but they haven’t spoken a word yet. They both knew that they couldn’t escape this, especially because their mothers know now.

 

“What do we do, Baek?” Baekhyun doesn’t know how and what to answer Chanyeol. They didn’t know they will be in this predicament; that they would end up having to lie to their mothers, their families, and their friends about them being married.

 

“I don’t know, Yeol. How do we deal with this?” he asked even if they both knew what they have to do. It was obvious. They have to pretend and Baekhyun wasn’t sure if he’ll come out of it unscathed.

 

Chanyeol sighed in defeat. “We have no other choice, do we?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, also in defeat. “Can we pull this off?”

 

This time, Chanyeol smiled. It’s not like Baekhyun to doubt himself and their relationship. Chanyeol believed that they can make them believe because he and Baekhyun are the best of friends. “Of course we can. Don’t worry too much because I’ll never let something bad happen to you.”

 

“Chanyeol…” Chanyeol laughed and wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder before ruffling his hair. “This time, I’ll take care of you.”

 

Baekhyun laughed and playfully punched Chanyeol’s side. “Shut up. I bet I’m going to end up taking care of you.”

 

“Like you always do.” Chanyeol was grinning because they can get through this. “And when it’s time, when you want it, you can just tell me and we will get a divorce, okay?”

 

Baekhyun’s smile wavered, good thing he was hiding his face on Chanyeol’s chest. Of course, the divorce. For a moment, that thought disappeared from his mind, but how could he forget their inevitable ending?

 

“I’m sorry, pumpkin.” Chanyeol’s voice was sad. “I got you into this mess all because I was impatient. I hope you don’t hate me too much and that I didn’t ruin your future married life.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, because what kind of nonsense was Chanyeol talking about. He’s the only one Baekhyun would want to marry if he had a choice. At least he got a chance to experience what it was like to be married to Chanyeol through this.

 

“Shut up, I willingly agreed to this, so I’m partly to blame too.”

 

“If you say so,” Chanyeol joked and Baekhyun just had to punch him on his side again.





 

Baekhyun smiled at the incessant barking of Toben from the living room. “Yes, Toben, I’ll be out soon!” he called out to the over excited dog. He’s nervous, his heart is pounding unstoppably, and he felt like he’s about to throw up. It’s the night. They’re supposed to tell their families that they’re married.

 

He pumped a first to his chest to calm himself down. “Wooh! You can do this Byun Baekhyun! You are a Byun! You are Baekhyun! You don’t back out from anything.”

 

“Arf, arf,” Toben barked once again, agreeing to his statements.

 

Baekhyun opened the door and immediately hugged Toben as thanks. “You always have my back, don’t you, baby? I really should just adopt you and take you from Chanyeol. You will love that, won’t you?”

 

“Arf.”

 

Laughing, Baekhyun took Toben in his arms and looked at himself in the mirror once again. “Do I look good, Toben-ah? Enough to claim that I’m the husband of your original father?”

 

Baekhyun went with a simple white long-sleeved polo, tucked into denim jeans, and only wearing his watch as an accessory. He looked simple yet elegant, with a little bit of makeup on to cover the eyebags he got from lack of sleep thinking about this dinner.

 

“Arf, arf!” Toben barked in agreement again and Baekhyun’s cheek in excitement. “Okay, okay little puppy. Here you go.” Baekhyun let the suddenly excited pup go and watched as he ran towards the door and started to bark more unstoppably.  A second later, the doorbell rang and it answered why Toben was too jumpy.

Chanyeol has arrived. Baekhyun went and opened the door to the sight of Chanyeol in a white turtleneck, black blazer jacket, and wearing skin tight jeans. He looked so wonderful in Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

“Wow,” Chanyeol blurted out then whistled. “You look hot pumpkin.” He then grinned at Baekhyun who’s starting to feel hot in the cheeks at that. “S-shut up, you idiot.”

 

The taller only laughed and carried Toben. “Hey, did you miss me? I’m sorry baby, but I won’t be absent anymore. You’ll be coming home with me soon.”

 

“Yah! Toben stays with me,” Baekhyun snapped at him. “He’s mine now. Toben agreed he wants to be with me more.”

 

Chanyeol pouted at that and whined like a kid. “But don’t you want to be with me, baby? How could you betray me like this, Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun laughed at his face and even Toben barked in glee. They love it when Chanyeol acted like a hurt baby all the time, and so they usually team up together to bully the taller.

 

“You both are evil,” Chanyeol whined one more time before bursting into laughter himself. “Anyway, we have to go now, pumpkin. My mother already texted me an hour ago to tell me they’re on the way to the restaurant. We should be there too.”

 

Baekhyun let out a nervous breath. “Are we really going to do this?”

 

Chanyeol smiled softly at his worried best friend. He let Toben go and run inside Baekhyun’s apartment to be able to wrap the shorter in his arms. “It’ll be okay, trust me. I’m sorry again that I caused this, but I’ll take care of everything.”

 

“O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter