Mothers know best

Accidental Husbands, Accidentally in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun, we need to talk

How could you do this to your mother?

Meet me tomorrow, 2pm at the usual coffee shop.



 

Baekhyun was rushing through the rain to get inside the coffee shop indicated in the phone message he received from his mother. He was confused as to the harsh, hurt, and angry demeanor his mother has adapted when she sent him the message that he just has to know what he did wrong to incur such.

 

Baekhyun was honestly scared to discover what made his mother that angry at him because he’s always been a good kid. On the way, he was thinking of all the possible reasons he would be summoned like this because it never happened before. He was absentmindedly worrying about this when the sky suddenly turned dark and it started to rain heavily.

 

“Is this a sign?” He even dramatically called out to the skies earlier.

 

Upon arriving, he hastily wiped the water droplets off his coat, closing his umbrella and putting it by the entrance of the coffee shop at the same time. He was early by a few minutes but after looking around, he already spotted his mother at the far right corner sipping her coffee. He smiled, despite his nervousness, because it figured that his mother would arrive earlier than the time she set.

 

When he was near her, Baekhyun noticed that she was talking to another woman quite excitedly, who turned out to be Chanyeol’s mother. He was shocked because this was not the situation he was expecting; his mother smiling and being all around happy, then the presence of Chanyeol’s mother.

 

Mrs. Park was the first one who noticed him and immediately called out to him. “Baekhyun! Come here, son.” Baekhyun frowned more in confusion when his mother and Mrs. Park burst into giggles after saying the word ‘son’.

 

Nevertheless, he approached the table and sat on the chair they offered him after giving each of the women kisses on their cheeks. “Hello, mom and Mrs. Park.”

 

“Hello, son. Did you want anything? You should order first.” Mrs. Byun patted Baekhyun’s cheek fondly before calling a waiter over for him to order. Being loyal customers, the waiters were already endeared to the two older women that they instantly went to them and got their orders.

 

After giving it, Baekhyun turned towards his mother and asked: “Mom, what was that message about? What did I do?” Baekhyun pouted and whined like a child that the two elder women just chuckled at it. “You’ve never grown up, haven’t you, Baekhyun?” Mrs. Park commented and Baekhyun just grinned at her.

 

Mrs. Byun just agreed with her friend and didn’t answer Baekhyun’s question, causing her son to whine again. This side of Baekhyun only comes out whenever he was with his mother.

 

“Don’t be too impatient, son. Plus we are still waiting for someone else before we admonish the both of you at the same time.”

 

“Wh-”

 

Before he could finish, Chanyeol came up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter