Hopelessness & Despair

Tiffany: A Mother's Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

A Few Months Later...

A couple of months have passed since Nichkhun's death. Tiffany was now adjusting to her new life. Since the tragedy that has ruined her life, the young mother moved to Los Angeles, hoping for a fresh start, at least after she has her baby. Still reeling from her husband's passing, Tiffany was often very moody and depressed. Sadly, she was now also dealing with prenatal depression. In addition to mourning Nichkhun, Tiffany also had her doubts about getting through labor and delivery alone, a thought that scared her to death. Then there was the fact that she did not think that she would be a very good mother, despite talking about having children while she was with Girl's Generation. It would be too awkward if she tried to contact any other member of their disbanded group, as none of them have talked at all for the past five years. This left Tiffany with no support network, but it also didn't really help that she pushed practically everyone away during her time of grief. These thoughts traversed through her mind as she was going in for an ultrasound. Tiffany was getting close to the end of her pregnancy, which was difficult. While laying on an operating table, Tiffany lifted up her shirt for the ultrasound. As of current, her baby was overdue at forty-one and a half weeks. She expressed concerns with her doctor, who wasn't very much help in terms of emotional support. "I'm not really sure if I can do this by myself." She said uncomfortably as she put her hearing aids back on, brushing her hair.

Being a widow was one thing, but a pregnant widow? Not so easy. But it did not help that she had pushed everyone in her life away. Running to them for help was going to be difficult. After finishing the ultrasound, she put the photo copies into her purse as her doctor informed her that she was going to be induced on Christmas Day. Currently it was the day before Christmas Eve. Tiffany frowned as she looked at the Calendar. After scheduling the induction, Tiffany quietly left to go home. She then went to go take a bath, wanting to relax and unwind, maybe deal with some of the aches and pains since she had no one to give her a massage. As she took off her hearing aid, Tiffany just relaxed in the bathtub for the next twenty minutes, taking a deep breath as she stared at her swollen belly, gently caressing it. Frowning, she slowly got out of the bathtub, grabbing a towel to wipe herself off before wrapping it around her. She just started drying her hair, looking at her reflection in the mirror with a rather somber expression. Sighing, she waddled into her closet and selected a dress to wear for the night. At this stage of pregnancy, one that she never thought that she would reach, Tiffany didn't want to spend any effort trying to fit into her pants and squeezing on a shirt. She just wanted to be comfortable. While the dress she chose wasn't a maternity dress, it was still comfortable and still accommodated with her huge belly, granted she had to wear a belly band to help with the back pain. As she exited the closet, she grabbed her cherished beanie and put it on. Probably would make more sense if the base of the dress was white and not black, but she wasn't going to be nitpicky about it. As she stared at her reflection in the mirror hanging on the closet door, she grabbed her phone and took a picture to post on Instagram.

'41 Weeks and four days along with this darling little princess because she decided to skip out on her due date. Induction scheduled on Christmas Day. Wish her Dad could be here T_T I miss him so much and its just not fair that his daughter won't get to know what having a loving father is like. I don't know if I'm

Please log in to read the full chapter