Ek

Dear You, Dear Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We passed a crowd that raging, showing some banner to a building. And apparently, that building was my office based on sowon. She dropped me there.

"Well, just walked in. You'll know where you should go once you are inside." She said and drove away from me.

"Hi miss." I jumped, startled.

"Oh I'm sorry did I startle you?"

"Ah no that's o.." ah I can't smile, I'm Sinb

"*Cough* no that's fine." I put my cold facade in instant.

"Miss please check this pamphlet out," he handed  me a pamphlet

"..apparently people in this building are monsters, they are doing something illegally in this whole world. Can you believe they have a relationship with a vampire that monopoly the whole industry of ?"

 

Vampire what?

 

"What make you think like that?" I asked her trying to be cool

"Eyy miss we are researching about them, but no one believe us, they think we are crazy. So please sign this petition so that we can discover the real thing behind this. Who knows what they've already done, perhaps kidnapping alien?" I choked by my own spit. Wow and people out there dare to call them crazy when they were this close to the truth.


I wanted to leave so I just signed the petition. I just realized that my sign formed Jung Yerin but in an artistic way, ugh my mind.

I then went inside the building, from behind of course I didn't want to attract any intention from that crowd.

When I stepped in, people inside there immediately made a way for me. They looked down as if they're scared of me. I felt uneasy but I had no choice but following sinb's instruction. I walked with my chin high and apparently they paved the way to the lift. Someone was already there, he looked so nervous around me.

"Uh.. morning Ms. SinB." He greeted me but his voice cracked at the end, this guy was like 30 years older than me but he treated me this way. I just nodded my head. He pressed the lift button. I pity him, he was so scared.

"May I pressed the button for you, Miss?"

 

Oh god thanks I don't have any idea which one is mine

 

I smiled a little and nodded my head
"Sure."
He pressed the -9

 

Wait, minus?!

 

He went outside first because his office was in the third floor. I took a peek outside and boy was my first impression totally wrong about this building. He bowed to me and I nodded my head.

When I arrived at my floor, I was welcomed  by a luxury and all big assed room, looked so minimalist but elegant. Someone greeted me, I read her nametag: Kim Dahyun

Ah, my secretary.

"Morning, B."

Huh? B?

"M-morning." I didn't know how to react on that and ended up stuttering. She chuckled,
"Still tense because the stare up there,huh?" I rolled my eyes and went to my desk. Wow I really can't judge something by its cover, everything inside here looks so expensive.
"B, I didn't know you are sick physically like this. You look horrible." She said while pouring a milk in a glass. Is it sweet? Ugh I can't take it..

She then proceeded to put a file on my desk.
"This is your job list, but like always you've done it. Want me to take your schedule for the next week?"

"Sure." I said while smiling she then went outside and handed me the file.

"So, I'll excused myself. Your snacks will arrived in 10 minutes."

"What snack?"

"Pardon me?" Uh oh wrong move

"What is today's snack?"

"Creampuff. Why?"

"You can take it for you, I'm already full." I said wanting not too obvious that I didn't like it. She stared at me and nodded herself and once again excusing herself.

I checked the file. I chuckled reading about the dark market in Indonesia, why would you bury 100 ton of onion? Oh ah, monopoly huh.
Wow, the case was all over the world, Brazil, England, USA, Japan, everywhere.

I was learning the files when someone knocked my door.

"Ms. sinb, I want to remind you that you'll have a lunch with Ms. Jessica."

"Ah all right, thanks." I said with a calm smile, but my heart beating so fast out of nervousness.

Who the hell is Jessica?

I panicked and checked sinb's book. I flipped it over and over checking the list of name and find it.

Jessica Jung
My mentor since I was child. She was like my sister. We are close. She was on the list of name where I can be my beagle self. But if you met her in office. Please be your professional self.
She looked cold but actually warm inside. She loves you so much, she didn't know about us.
Her power is manipulation.

I gulped, I'm about to meet my mentor. I learned more about her and the book. Apparently I'm quite smart as I can remember things easily.

 

What do you mean by 'my beagle self' ???

 

I massage my temple and let out a long sigh. Wishing that everything will be all right. I learnt more from sinb's book about people around here. Strangely, I couldn't find Sowon, Yuju, and Umji here.

"Lo.. hello~" someone snapped their finger in front of my face making me back to my sense as I was so deep inside my own thought accompanied by sinb's book. I looked up and my eyes met a pair of kind eyes, there was a woman with warm smile rising one of her eyebrows to me.

"Uh oh, Jessica-unnie." Yes sinb called her mentor as unnie. She laughed, her voice was so cute.

"Do you forget that we have lunch together today?" She said while pouting a little bit.

I'm a little bit ashamed to say this, but I sometimes.. talk with aegyo to Jessica-unnie. So please if she acts like she want you to act cute...

Just do it.

Right, sinb told me that. So I need to do aegyo?
Now I'm nervous

"Sowwy ~ sinb needs to learn something just now~" I said while smiling widely to her, her eyes shot big and I immediately regret it

But then she laughed,
"You look weird with those black-eye but I admit that your aegyo play is improving. This is the best aegyo of you I've ever seen."
I bit my lower lip, somehow feeling proud.

 

See, Hwang? I can do something and that's better than you do

 

"So, unnie. Let's go?" I asked her while standing up, she nodded her head and grabbed my arm. We went to the lift by holding hands. But when the lift stopped at the highest floor she unclasped our hands and acting cold.

 

Damn sinb's cold aura is shaking

 

We went to the basement, Jessica unnie kept talking about a hot news, apparently The Source just catched a werewolf and it's been 216 years since they found one.
"Unnie.." I called her when we already in the car, I took a glance outside and still could find crowd around the building.

"Hmm?" She hummed

"After catching that werewolf, what will we do?"

"Well.. trained him to control his power."

"What if we failed?" Jessica unnie just smiled and took a long breath.

"Well, they send to it somewhere else." I didn't really understand but I felt sad.


- + - + -
We ate in peace, this unnie was so comfortable to be with. We talked about random things and I usually will just nodded my head when she talked about something I didn't know. Then I thought about something, I wanted to know sinb more. Maybe, asking someone that know her since she was child would help.

"Unnie.. I actually have a problem."

"Hmm? What is that?" She asked me with concern, I tried to build words so that it wouldn't be too obvious.

"I'm questioning my identity."

 

Really Jung Yerin? Oh wow I'm calling myself Jung Yerin.

 

"What do you mean?"

"Just, I want to know the real me. Which one is me, I act different in front of different people. So, i.. feel like I'm losing something that I don't know." I tried to reasoning, jessica unnie stared at me and pressed her lips.

"Listen, eunbi-ya. You are the most problematic child in your generation. But also the most blessed and kind hearted. I know you since you are still this t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter