Ready, Set..

Dear You, Dear Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I always hate it when I found a story and being attached to it just to find that the author is no longer updating that story. But, I didn't aware that I slowly becoming that thing I hate.

I'm sorry that I just, shamelessly, updated this story now.

Please, enjoy.

 

Oh and, sorry in advance for grammatical errors.

 

 

The sound of ticking clock became even more audible as the seconds passed. Sinb gave her all to occupy her mind to focus on listening the sounds instead of trying to meet an intense gaze a certain someone darting at her.

"I'll ask you for one more time," yerin let out a heavy sigh,
"Please explain." She said with a smile-or so she convinced herself to believe- while staring at now-even-more-nervous sinb.

"I really didn't have any intention to play with your feeling. I meant what I said." Sinb whined, tired.

"You just said that you love me, sinb. Then you proceeded to admit that you wanna court me so that you can test your hypothesis. I mean, make it clear!" They were about to start their little 'examination', but then sinb just had to remind yerin about testing her hypothesis and yerin wouldn't drop the conversation about that ever since.

"Yes? That was I said.. and I meant it " yerin wanted to kick sinb's face and made her realised how contradictive her statement was but yerin wasn't even sure that sinb had a slightest idea about it. Yerin just wanted to make sure about how sinb feels toward her.

"Which one is the one you meant the most?"

"Both? I mean that how it is, yerin. As I said in front of our friends before. I do lo-love you! But I also need you in order to test my hypothesis. It is actually the same basically, so i don't see why-"

"Because I need you to be clear!" Yerin groaned,

"Excuse me you don't even say it back to me!" And of course, sinb would challenge yerin's intensity.

"Say what back?!"

"Say that you love me too!" Yerin almost snorted but immediately collected herself once more because somehow she started to enjoy their weird bickering

"I love you too okay?!" Yerin half-shouted, her voice pitched in order to cover her threatening laugh

"Psh I love you more tho." Sinb just rolled her eyes, overly confident about it.

"Bold of you to assume, listen here you little brat i love you." Yerin tried to give her a cold answer but her playful eyes gave it away

"Whatever, I love you too." And sinb being sinb still insist to try to have the last sentence, but seeing how yerin's eyes kinda spark yet stretched to the front making her look like a duck tickling her. Sinb thought yerin look cute that way.

"..."
"..."

"We sound so stupid." Yerin admitted, trapping her bottom lips between her pearly white teeth, trying to prevent herself from giggling.

In the other hand, sinb already laughing out loud. Not even bother to cover . She didn't know why she had the urge to laugh, maybe.. it was because their silly bickering, or maybe.. it was because she finally got to see yerin smiling sincerely. She bet the second option was the strongest reason though.

Sinb abruptly stopped her laugh and stared at yerin with widen eyes, finally registered that yerin just said I love you back to her. Sinb felt her cheek flaming red and she excitedly jumped to sit beside yerin, making the latter questioning her sudden behaviour.

"Okay, mmm let me tell you my plan." Sinb stated, hoping that with her telling yerin what actually going on her head would put yerin at ease. Sinb wanted to let yerin know how strong her feeling was toward the older girl but she didn't know how.

"I actually never told anyone about any of my unfinished plan. I always make sure that my plan is perfect,"

"Is that why sowon unnie always calls you perfectionist freak?" Yerin giggled, remembering sinb's offended face each time sowon called her that

"I'm not perfectionist freak," sinb pouted emphasized the word freak, "I seek for perfection, I want the best. Because I'm not the only one who will be affected by my plan." She half-whispered the last sentence. Yerin smiled knowingly. She knew, she knew of course. Yerin was the one in charge of making the plan for both her and eunha. She understood very well the anxiousness and the urge to overthink whenever she found the flaw of her plan. What if it didn't go well? What if the plan would make both of them ended up in a dangerous situation? What If they would be separated? And the worst was.. what if she die and left eunha all alone by herself.

Yerin's train of thought was abruptly stopped when she felt a warm hand touching hers. She forced a smile and sinb's eyebrows met. Sinb didn't like the expression plastered on yerin's face then.

"Yerin," sinb called her and she just tilted her head, couraging sinb to continue her sentence.

"I will tell you my plan, right? And, after that. I'm hoping you to tell me.."

"..what?" Her voice came out softer than she anticipated, she sounded so careful and delicate. Almost look like she was afraid.

"About what's on your mind few seconds ago that made you had that smile on your face." Yerin was taken aback, definetly never expected that, she never shared anything about what had been bothering her mind before, even eunha.

She thought she needed to be strong. She thought if she showed her weak state, she would hurt someone, eunha, her dad, her mom.. and herself.

Yerin wanted to fullfil the expectation she thought other had on her.

But, yerin didn't understand it now.
She didn't understand why she nodded her head to sinb's offering.

- + - + -

"B,"

I looked up from the ridiculous paper I was holding by then. I guess, my secretary sensed my uneasiness so she smiled apologetically.

I only stared at her, demanding an explanation. I never got this kind of mission and I bet so did sinb.

It was.. inhumanely cruel.

"You know that there's nothing we can say about this, B. I know it against your will but-" my secretary took a deep breath before continuing her sentence, "it's not like it's our first time."

My heart stopped upon hearing that, what did this mean, sinb and her team had done something as cruel as this before?

This was a freaking genocide!

"And they chose GF to execute it? Why?" I asked her between my gritted teeth, trying my best not to create a drama.

"As you can see, they're the best team we have at this moment. B, please all you need to do is approve it."

"It's ridiculous!" I finally looked at her eyes directly, but I bet my gaze felt like a dart for her as she took a step back and gulped.

"B,"

"I'm not signing this paper. I will not signing this paper." I threw the paper to the other side of my table, far away from me.

"Oh B, you don't want to meet our highest rank. It's an urgent case, it's for the sake of humanity and-" she tried to convince me but there would be no way she can, and humanity? Really? There must be another way.

"Humanity? Killing a whole race is humanity? Don't make me laugh. I know it's a minor there, but there must be another way."

My secretary only pursed her lips together, she looked like she used to this kind of behaviour of sinb. It sparked hope in me that sinb actually against this idea.

I shook my head, I was doubting sinb. This wasn't right. I was starting to highly aware about the bad thoughts slowly creeping up into my mind.

What if, sinb actually the one who planned it all. She trapped me, I mean, eunha was the most wanted prey of The Source and sinb was the member of the main unite. I mean, why me? Why it had to be me, the one that swapped the soul with her. I had no power and just.. plain. I wasn't special, I needed to work my off harder to have what I have right now. Unlike them, unlike eunha.

I nervously tapping my fingers on the table, it went intense as the time passed and I started to tap my foot too while my ugly thoughts roaring wild inside my head.

I needed to stop this.

I opened my eyes and tried to control my catching breath. I relaxed my body by leaning back to my chair. I needed to talk about it to sinb. I needed to make it clear.

- + - + -

"Have you read all of the proposal?" Sinb asked me, totally abandoning the main issue.

As soon as I arrived at home, I mean GF's house, I immediately grabbed sinb to follow me to umji's garden. She, at first, only smiled confusedly at me but soon she sensed my unusual behaviour. I started babbling as soon as our met the bench and proceeded to hand her the documents. She was just stayed still, and I wish that meant she listening to me closely.

"Are you really considering to accept this proposal?" It wasn't like I wanted to accuse her, but my voice came out that way. I wish she would feel offended actually, so that I would know that she actually didn't do whatever my mind accused her.

But her expression remained that way, calm and unfazed. She nibbled her own lips and it, something I recognized as her habit when she's thinking. She became painfully quiet and I wasn't patient. The thoughts I had on her bombarding my whole existence making me felt sick on my stomach. And sinb's behaviour wasn't helping at all.

"Okay, let me study about this case first. I think I've heard about this before. I'll talk to umji then, and after that we will decide what we going to do."

"All we need to do is reject this freaking proposal, God, you won't actually sweep away the existence of a minor race, right?" It was unbelievable

"I can't say anything if I don't understand this case, yerin." I let out a mocking snort and didn't even want to meet sinb's gaze.

"So, if you think it's necessary. You'll do it? You will approve it? You will let GF to execute it? You let your own friends fouling their hands?" My heart beat so fast, painfully fast. It wasn't the exciting feelings that made me feel good whenever I was around her, it wasn't those usual rollercoaster in my stomach nor those tingling sensation those butterflies tease me whenever she talked or trying to make a conversation with me.

It was just, scary thoughts and scars that aren't bleeding.

Sinb gritted her teeth and her lips, again. She was somehow hesitating but her gaze was firm, unlike her usual behaviour whenever she hold a conversation with me. She was usually shy.

"If I think it's necessary? Yes. And I won't make my friends fouling their own hands. I'll make sure what they do is right." She said, looking straight at me. Her gaze glued to me, the gaze that I didn't have the courage to meet.

I was afraid it could hurt me more.

"You aren't God, you can't decide a whole race's fate all by yourself. It is inhuman," I said, defeated. I totally didn't expect her answer. I shook my head and release a heavy sigh.

What was this feeling? Dissapointment?

"I guess, you do belong in The Source." I stood up, there was a tiny hope i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter