Ch. 8

Evlavios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as I closed the door, I exhaled. I could still smell Sinb's scent, because it filled all my house. 

Open all the windows, if it influenced on you like this.

"Okay," I said out loud. I was alone, so I could talk to Yongsun like this. 

I put on my slippers that were on the shoes shelf and entered the bathroom to take off these annoying lenses. 

Why weren't you helping Sinb to find evidences of vampires? All I remember is you talking to me.

"I want to take it slow. There's a lot of time left," I replied, and slowly took off the lenses, looking at myself through the mirror. 

Don't tell me that you want to spend more time with that girl.

I snorted.

"No, definitely no."

Then don't forget that you have trainings everyday.

"I won't," I left the bathroom and went to my room.

By the way, who is Eunha that is in love with Sowon?

"Ah, it's Sinb's best friend," I answered. "Sowon likes her too. She even asked me about if Eunha was in my house today after she told me to be careful because vampires of Red Moon hunts tod-"

I stopped and froze. 

What?

I quickly looked on the street, leaning on the window, but there was no sight of Sinb.

", , , , !" I cursed and began to throw away the clothes in my wardrobe that I didn't need, until I found the black cloak that Jihyo gave me. I put it on, ignoring Yongsun's questions.

Then I jumped off the window, landing, fortunately, on my two legs without breaking anything. I inhaled the air and smelled Sinb's scent, that was leading down the street. I ran, following Sinb's scent.

Hey, explain me. Where are you running? Why are you running?

"Red Moon vampires are hunting tonight. They can kill Sinb."

Oh, then...WHY ARE YOU RUNNING THAT SLOW?

I shook my head and furrowed.

"You could just tell me, not yell."

Where is your vampire? Why are you still I'm your human's body?

"I can't shift into a vampire now."

You can. Should I remind you all those words that Byulyi said to you?

Of course she didn't have to do that. I did that by my own. And it made me angry like the last time, plus I was thinking about Sinb, and my wish to kill every vampire that dared to touch her.

Before I knew it, my usual speed was replaced by a high vampire's speed. 

I saw from afar that some jerk was already placing his dirty shoe on Sinb's precious chest. I noticed how his hand was doing it's way to , so I quickly got closer and pushed him away. He fell on the ground, and before he could stand up, I ran to him and kicked his stomach, causing the guy fell on the garbage cans in front of me.

Then I turned around and saw Sinb's surprised face. She just sat there, not moving, so I had to wake her up from trance. 

"Run!" I screamed and she finally got up. Then she looked at me once again and quickly rushed to her house.

"Why are you guys don't let us live peacefully?" I heard a question behind me and turned around.

The vampire guy was standing and looking at me with his red eyes like I did something wrong.

"Pardon me? It's not me who was trying to kill a girl," I stated and snorted. "Just get lost."

I started walking away, when he jumped on my spine and grabbed my throat with his two hands. 

"Every vampire from Contrail is such a wuss," he whispered in my ear, while I was trying to break out. "You can't fight, you are just blabbing about equality."

Oh, did he just called me a wuss? I really hate that word, since Byulyi called me like this. They must be friends. 

"I am not a wuss," I said and grabbed his head, pushing it down. He fell on the ground again, releasing my throat. I stretched my neck and pinned his body to the ground by my leg like he did to Sinb. 

Then he took my leg, but haven't pushed her. Instead he gripped it and smirked. 

"You are," he said. Suddenly I felt pain that paralyzed my whole body. I looked down with widened eyes and saw electric sparks. I fell on ground unable to move and saw his electric field around him. 

It's electrokinesis. He can generate or control electricity. It's a perfect way to kill anybody. Not very rare ability, but surely one of the scariest.

"So I can't just injure him, because his regeneration is pretty fast."

Right.

I stood up, when I felt like I can, and saw his confused face.

"Already able to move?" He asked with raised eyebrow. "I used 0,5 amps on you. Every vampire would lie on the ground for at least an hour."

He is so naïve. 

But before I could do something, he grabbed my throat again and sent electricity down my whole body. 

It was really painful. Like millions of needles pierced my body. I needed to use power negation. I looked at his red eyes and concentrated, ignoring the pain like I have already did. I closed my eyes.

Some seconds passed, but I have finally felt how the electricity decreased. I opened my eyes again and saw his surprised face. Then I push him with my legs, and he made his way to the garbage cans again.

I heard him laughing and quirked my eyebrow, not forgetting to control power negation. 

He stood up, trowing away the trash that was on his clothes.

"So, you have power negation," he snorted. "I heard you guys have an awful regeneration. So I guess, we are going to fight."

He ran to me, but I stopped him by squeezing his heart. 

"How...is...this," he managed to say, when he slowly kneeled. "...possible?"

I was still squeezing his heart, when he took my leg, but nothing happened. I canceled his electrokinesis. I smirked, when he placed his whole body on the ground, gripping his chest. 

"Evlavios," he whispered and stopped moving, because I squeezed his heart too hard and it bursted. 

Congrats. Your first killed vampire.

I shook my head and sat on the ground, not believing that I have killed a vampire. I felt guilty about it. I knew that he was bad, he tried to kill Sinb, but maybe he had a family or friends just like me. 

Stop blaming yourself. You would do this one way or another.

"But I killed," I whispered, looking at the lifeless body in front of me. 

You need to get used to it. Soon you have to kill many vampires. Think about it as a job. At least you saved Sinb's life.

I slowly nodded and got up, still staring at the dead vampire.

Just leave him and let's go home. You have to attend school tomorrow.

I sighed and turned around.

"Okay."

-

I woke up, because someone was banging my front door. I went down, rubbing my eyes and opened my door, yawning. But when I saw who was behind my door, I swallowed my yawn and widened my eyes.

"Can we come in?" Sowon annoyingly asked, and I understood that they were banging my door for a long time already. 

I stepped back, allowing my friends to enter my home. There were Jihyo, Wheein and Byulyi behind Sowon.

"Why are you all here?" I questioned, when they went to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter