Ch. 17

Evlavios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK

SINB'S POV

I saw that Yerin entered the classroom and watched as she put her bag on the floor and sat on her seat, not noticing me. I decided to got closer to her. 

"Well, well, well," I said, realizing that Yerin tensed up. I couldn't understand why do she hates me like this. But I had to be cool. "Our Yennie decided to come here that early to learn some new material to be better than me?"

Yerin turned around to look at me with a disgust on her face. It would be a lie, if I'll tell that it haven't affected me. She then rolled her eyes. Yerin always rolls her eyes, whenever I start talking to her.

"Listen, Sinb," I liked when she calls me by my name. She has such a wonderful voice. "Not everything that I do is connected with you. And I am already better than you. I'm the first in the weekly rating."

Oh, that's it. So ranking was everything to her. Actually it was why I started studying more. At first Yerin was the best, and because of that she wasn't noticing me. I decided to be better to be able to talk to her more. But it turned into some kind of competition. I didn't like it, but then Eunha explained that there's a chance of Yerin to start liking me. She told me that there are many people who hated each other at first, but ended up dating.

I smirked after Yerin's reply and stood up, heading to the rating board. As it was Monday, the new week starts and that means that this rating was no longer valid. I took the sponge and erased everything that was written on it. Then I faced Yerin to see her reaction. She looked a bit angry.

"It's the new week now," I said still watching her reaction. She was so cute when she is angry. "I'll be the first and will be the first until school year end."

I expected that she will say something in respond, but before she could open , the students began to enter the classroom. I knew that Yerin didn't like to argue with me in front of all them. And I didn't like it as well. But I was disappointed that we haven't talked much today. Maybe I'll have a chance to talk to her later. 

I noticed that Eunha entered the class too and approached to her. She lazily threw her belongings on the desk and sat on the chair, ignoring me. I knew her well, so I guessed that she had another failed crush approaching. It turned out that Eunha had a crush on a girl from another class. 

"Did you say something stupid again?" I asked, and she glared at me. "What? You always tell something strange in front of her."

"No!" She exclaimed. "It's not true!"

I raised my eyebrow.

"Well, yes, I told her some stupid things," Eunha finally gave up. "Today when I was going to school, I saw her in front of school gates, and decided to greet her. But when I was going to called her, she ran somewhere, not even looking at me. It's strange!"

"Maybe she remembered something important and haven't noticed you at all, it's not like she has the third eye on her back or something," I tried to calm Eunha down. That's why we are best friends. She is calming me, when I have hard times with Yerin, and I am doing the same when she has troubles with Sowon.

She raised her head and smiled. We talked about many things, and I was still looking at Yerin, who just did nothing. She wasn't even looking at me. And it made me sad.

-

During our lunch I saw Yuju, Yerin's best friend, sitting next to Yerin. They talked about something and Yuju suddenly started squeezing Yerin's soft cheeks. I want to squeeze them too! I was so jealous, so I just stared at them, probably like a creep. 

After some seconds Yuju finally stopped squeezing my future girlfriend's cheeks and began to eat. Meanwhile Yerin looked up and noticed that I was staring at her. I was all abroad, so I just rolled my eyes and looked at Eunha, so she couldn't see my red face. 

I wanted to look at Yerin again, but at this time someone dropped his tray with food on our table. At first I wanted to yell at this person, but when I saw her face, I let Eunha to take the advantage. 

"I'm s-sorry!" Sowon apologized and wanted to pick her tray, but Eunha grabbed her hand before she could do it. Nice, Eunha.

"It's okay, Sowon," Eunha said with her voice that sounded more like meowing. "I would be glad if you dropped the tray on my face."

Here it goes. Eunha said that she rarely telling random stuff, but see what happens now. She is talking nonsense again. Sowon was really clumsy, so Eunha used it as an opportunity to say something strange. For example, a week ago Sowon bumped into Eunha in the library and accidentally dropped her books that were in her hands. Eunha went by 'You better lift me and put me on the table there, so we could do something more'. Later Eunha told me that she wanted to ask Sowon to put the book on the table and talk to her after. I didn't know how she managed to say the opposite things in front of Sowon.

And this tall giraffe was just hurriedly leaving the place, where she was. And she left the cafeteria. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Eunha confusedly asked me, when Sowon was out of a sight.

"No," I replied. "Absolutely no."

Eunha realized what she has told Sowon and banged her head against the table. While she was cursing, I wanted to look at Yerin, but she have already left the cafeteria with Yuju. 

-

We haven't talked today anymore. 

I was going home after my extra classes, thinking about the situation with Yerin. Was I too nice to her? Maybe I should act like she is acting. Cold and firm. Okay, I'll try it tomorrow. I'll ignore her and act like she is nothing to me.

I passed by Yerin's house, noticing that the lights in her room were on. So she was at home. I wanted to visit her house, but then decided not to do it, because from now on I am a cold person. 

When I was going to go further, I noticed blood on the grass near Yerin's house. I followed the blood track on the grass, and ended up in the place where trashcans were. I stopped, grabbing the dagger, that my parents gave me today in the morning, when they found out that some girl was killed not far from this area. 

I made some steps forward and saw a figure lying on the ground. It was a woman with blonde hair. She heard that someone was getting closer, so she raised her head and looked at me with her blue eyes. 

I knew that it was a vampire, but I suddenly felt sorry for her. I sat in front of her and looked at all the wounds that she got. She only stared at me, never trying to attack. 

"Just kill me," she said in a husky voice, but I shook my head. I didn't know why, but I wanted her to be alive. I hated vampires with all my heart and soul, but this woman was lethally wounded. I couldn't help, but try to save her. 

I realized that her cuts weren't healing, and it surprised me, because vampires used to have perfect regeneration. 

When I wanted to help her to grip the wounds, I suddenly felt that I can't move my hands. As I was the best in my class, I understood that this woman was controlling my body. I couldn't even talk.

I grabbed the dagger that was on the ground, and raised it. Well, I wasn't doing that. She controlled me. So it was her, who was doing all this. 

I understood what she was going to do and closed my eyes, since it was the only thing I could at that moment.  Before my hand went down, I heard that this woman was whispering something. I couldn't get anything, because she started cutting herself, using me and my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter