Firefly

Breathe

It's been four days, Jessica never failed a night to visit the bar and of course she's not alone. Even though Tiffany strongly rejected her but she'll ended up sitting there with Jessica. Unconsciously admiring Taeyeon, again. And when she realised what she'd done, she cursed silently to herself. Tonight, not the least, Taeyeon did exactly the same. When she reached the bar counter after her performance, there are always this one same man that could make her look moody and she would end up laying herself down on the counter lifelessly sitting by the bar stool. And everytime that happened, Yuri would be seen laughing at her. Tiffany always wonder what actually happened to them. Who is this man that can always make her become that way.


While for Jessica, she will always pay attention to the taller girl. Admiring how she strum on her guitar strings, harmonise her voice perfectly with the lead voice and the most worrying part is the interaction in between the two performers. The way they smile to each others everytime they sing and take a glance at each others, Jessica had herself a little thought that this two girls' relationship won't be that simple. And she'll feel a little bit losing her hope everytime she think of it.


After the live performance, as usual they will go to the bar side to get some drinks. And the same thing repeat. Again Taeyeon only get her juice and Yuri have to comfort her. Yuri felt funny but helpless at the same time. As usual she will look around the place, if any customer need anything, to make sure everything's fine at the bar. There, she saw this two familiar face again.

"Tae, that two girls are here again! Four days straight." Yuri nudged the half dead corpse on the counter.

"Then..?" Taeyeon replied expressionless.

"Come on.. four days already they're here. You're yet to welcome them. On top of it, they're hot! It's been a while we have such a hotties in this bar" Yuri added.

"First of all, I thought you already "welcome" them." Taeyeon emphasis on the word welcome but still facing her glass of orange juice. Then she lifted her head up and look to the direction Yuri is talking about to see who they are. Then she look back to Yuri she added "Second, yea they're somehow hot that's true. So what are you gonna do bout it?"

"No you haven't clearly see how hot they really are. If you did I'm sure you'll change your mind" Yuri said.

Trying to prove Yuri's wrong, Taeyeon tilt her head and look at the direction again. But this time, her sight falls directly at Tiffany's eyes who is already looking at Taeyeon all this while. Tiffany caught off guard, quickly look away once she realised Taeyeon caught her sight. This action caught Taeyeon's attention and got startled a bit.

'What was that?!' Taeyeon thought. 'Is she looking at me?' Just before she could do anything, she saw Yuri already walking towards that table.


"Hi! you're here again!" Yuri greeted enthusiastically.

"Hi!" Jessica straighten her back and greet but being the cool Tiffany, she just nodded her head like the last time.

"I see that you gals really did come here every night." Yuri tried to start a conversation with them.

"Yea she just couldn't afford to missed a night seeing you.." Tiffany coolly mumbled to herself but clearly heard by the other two girls.

"YAH!" Jessica's face turned red and with very quick reaction she kick Tiffany's shin under the table to warn her.

"Ouch! What?!" Tiffany rub on her painful shin and glared at Jessica.

"Like you're not checking the other girl out?!" Jessica silently mouthed back to Tiffany which Tiffany hissed back at her.

"Erm.. what is it supposed to mean?" Yuri clearly see what are they fighting for but play it cool so it won't be too embarrassing. A little bit blushed too knowing the girls are here and much likely interested in her and Taeyeon.

"Ah it's nothing. Just ignored us." Jessica quickly brush it off with a tint smile.

"Okay.." Yuri tried to shrug it off. "So... how's thing going?" Yuri tried to change topic.

"Aahhh I'm so tired of work." Jessica breathe out. "What about you?" she continued.

"Erm.. I'm great! As you can see everynight, I'm enjoying here." Yuri let out a sweet smile.

"Here?" Jessica got a little bit confuse with what Yuri mean.

"Y-Ye..a..h"

"You mean, you're actually working here? like.. right now?" Jessica turned to shock face and ask seriously.

"Y-yeah.. Why?" Yuri taken aback by Jessica's reaction.

"And you just coolly sitting here chatting with us?"

"Well.. yeah.."

"What bout your boss? Won't he or she got pissed?"

"Why would she?"

"Why not? You're suppose to be at work!" Jessica sternly said.

"Aah... I understand now." Yuri nod to herself started to understand why Jessica react that way.

"Well you see" Yuri pointed at the bar counter. "That petite lil girl over there, she's in charge here. And that tall man inside the bar, he's the owner here and the brother of hers. And me" She point at herself, "I'm a friend of that petite  little girl over there and I'm just helping her here at night." Yuri explained. It caught Tiffany's attention when Yuri talk about Taeyeon. "Friend?" she asked interested in the topic.

"Yea, best buddy" Yuri proudly said while looking at Taeyeon. Upon hearing this, Tiffany and Jessica somehow feel relieved that they're both not related in any romantic relationship. But Jessica got more curious now. "How do you make a living just by sitting around here and sing some song?"

"Well, I'm actually a composer too. That's my core. But I'm very flexible so I can just be anywhere as long as I meet my deadlines." Yuri explained.

"Ahh.. I see.." Jessica nodded to herself. Then she realised something about her bestfriend reaction and she decided to tease a bit. "What bout your best buddy?" She eyed at Taeyeon.

"Tae? She partially owned this bar. It's her family business anyway. And she do lyricist sometimes when she's free." Yuri explained.

"Aahh.. she's partially owned here" Jessica purposely nudged Tiffany by her shoulder.

"But then.." Jessica hesitated to continue her sentence.

"But then?" Yuri asked.

"Aren't the two of you just too overly close to each others?"

"What do you mean?" Yuri got confused by the question.

"I see the way you two stares at each other, that kinda smile. I thought you both is like in a kind of romantic relationship." Jessica lower her head a bit embarrassed. Even Tiffany got a bit blush by it.

"Ahh.. it might be our chemistry is just too strong. We've been playing together since we're in kindergarten. We learnt guitar together and almost everything I love doing, she loves it too. It just that she chose to use her voice more than me and I enjoy composing music more. I think that's the difference between us." Yuri explained.

"I see.."Jessica nodded again, her suspicious thought has all been cleared up now and she felt more at ease and confident now.

It's kinda obvious and Yuri can tell. She even already sensed that Tiffany is more interested towards the petite girl they mentioned earlier, the only topic that Tiffany will react to.


Quietly, Yuri pointed at Tiffany to get some signal from Jessica. Jessica saw and look at how Tiffany got quiet all this time and making it too obvious that she's looking at Taeyeon's direction. Now even Yuri can sensed it. Jessica quietly face palm and sighed to herself.

"Yeah, she's kinda into her.. but not admitting it." Jessica whispered to Yuri while rolling her eyes.

"Ehhem." Yuri tried to get Tiffany's attention which she'd succeed.

"Uh? sorry?" Tiffany thought she missed a question.

"Erm.. I see that you're.." Yuri eyeing Tiffany to Taeyeon's direction and Tiffany followed but not too understand what Yuri's trying to say.

"Are you like.. you know.. interested in her?" Yuri asked hesitated.

"WHAT?!" Tiffany blurted out.

"Come on Tiff, you're being too obvious here!" Jessica hissed.

"No! I was just.."

"She's cute isn't she?" Yuri cut in.

"I.." Tiffany tried to clear herself but it's helpless.

"Just admit it already. She just sitting there doing nothing. Don't try to say things like her voice is nice and all.. No.. not accepted.." Jessica shake her head disagree.

"Hey!" Tiffany blushed and eyed to Yuri, trying to signal Jessica that Yuri is here so please keep shut.

And obviously Yuri saw it and understand. "Nah, I'm fine with it though so don't mind me. And for your information, she's still single." Yuri smiled widely to Tiffany giving her a green light.

"Aishh.." Tiffany finally let out a defeated sigh, covering half of her face with her right hand powerless.

"I was just.. wondering why she can always shine like a star on stage but when she sit there she'll turn to a dead corpse." She tried to explained.

Yuri let out a small chuckle hearing it. "Well you kinda observant aren't you? You can even realised that?"

"Yea maybe to that particular person only." Jessica rub in.

"No I.." Tiffany tried to explain herself again which got cut off by Yuri

"Well she wanted her favourite cocktail but her older bro over there serves her orange juice instead. That's what happened, everytime when her bro is here." Yuri answered. Both of the girls widen their eyes trying to understand what it mean.

"Her older brother over there don't allowed her to take any alcohol drink. Tae used to have her favourite cocktail after her songs but recently her brother came over here and she don't get it. She's upset and sulking over there." Yuri make it clear.

"Her brother came over? I thought he owned this place?" Jessica asked.

"Yea her brother have another outlet in Jeonju, their hometown. But recently he came over to check the place." Yuri explained again.

"Wow, he's making good money doesn't he?" Jessica got amazed hearing that he owned another outlet.

"Kind of. It used to be a small eatery when their parents era last time. The brother took over and revamp everything and it became very successful back in their hometown. When Tae and me wanted to move over to this city to pursue our music education, her brother thought of expanding his business here so the sister can have a place to stay. And now, here we are." Yuri beamed a smile.
"But then.." Tiffany finally voice out and the other two turn to her instantly. "Isn't it funny that she sulking just cause of her brother don't allow her to drink her cocktail?" she continued.

Yuri chuckled before she talk "Yea. Taeyeon just being Taeyeon. She always get what she wanted at home. Spoiled kid. Yet her brother appeared here taking away her favourite drinks. She can sulk and ignore her brother for days bout it." Yuri look at Taeyeon "She's cute isn't she?" hinting to Tiffany which make her blushed.

"...Kinda.." Tiffany breathe out looking at Taeyeon and thinking to herself, 'childish though'.

"She can be very matured sometimes but she can be the opposite too." Yuri laughed.

"Why don't you buy her a drink!" Jessica suggested to Tiffany.

"What?" Tiffany confused for a moment.

"Yeah, a customer can treat the boss here right? Then the brother can't do anything!" Jessica continue with her brilliant idea. She's very excited looking at Yuri waiting for her answer.

"Well.. I think it won't be a problem" Yuri answered.

"Then let's do it!" Jessica jump in her seat happily clapping both her hands together.

"Wait, are you gonna treat her a drink?" Tiffany asked Jessica.

"To be precise, not me. It will be on you Tiff." Jessica point at her with a wink.

"Me?"

"Yea of cos! I'm helping you! Come on!"

"Alright! then I will help you with the rest!" Yuri winked at Jessica before she walk to the bar counter.

"Seriously Jessica Jung..." Tiffany breathe helplessly covering one of her hand on her face again.

Jessica just ignore her and clap to herself "Great! I'm such a genius!" praising herself confidently.


When Yuri got the drink from the bartender, she push it towards Taeyeon.

"Summer!" (Absolut Summer Smash) Taeyeon jot up from her seat. But then she remember bout her brother and frowned at Yuri.

"Yul.. it's not funny.." uninterested with the joke she lied down again on the counter.

Tiffany nervously watching if Taeyeon will be happy to accept the treat but was disappointed seeing Taeyeon didn't take it yet and lied back to her original form.

"How will it be funny when it isn't a joke to start with?" Yuri said. Taeyeon turned to Yuri with an obvious confused look on her face.

"It's a treat." Yuri casually said, leaning her back to the bar counter next to Taeyeon's seat and point at Tiffany. Taeyeon look over to the direction and saw Tiffany looking at her with a much awkward expression. "Her treat" Yuri added.

Taeyeon confused looking at Yuri and back to Tiffany. Tiffany could only give her her most awkward smile. Taeyeon couldn't understand, but her smile did caught her interest. Not to be rude, Taeyeon quickly give Tiffany a smile before she turn back to Yuri again. "Why?" Taeyeon asked.

"She just wanna help you out. Not willing to see you sulk for too long." Yuri smiled but Taeyeon seems still don't get it.

"Aishh! Just accept it! It's her treat! I don't think oppa can do anything about it since it is a customer's treat." Yuri got frustrated and push the drink onto Taeyeon's hand.

Still in her confusion but she couldn't care much now since her favourite drink is just right in front of her asking for a kiss like a long lost couple in the middle of nowhere. She carefully bring it near to her lips, slowly sipping on the drink, tasting it gently before it goes down .

"Ahhh~ my Summer~" Taeyeon breathe out satisfied and enjoy with her drink happily.

Tiffany finally smiled seeing Taeyeon's expression had brighten up. It didn't escape Yuri's sight as well. Mumbling to herself "She's happy bout it huh" looking at how Tiffany staring happily at Taeyeon. Then she caught Jessica's eyes and give her a thumbs up sign showing Jessica that everything's okay.

"What?" Taeyeon not so clear but she sure Yuri did said something.

"Ah nothing. Are you finally happy back now?"

"Mm~ kind of" Taeyeon playing with her cocktail glass.

"Why don't you show some sincerity then?" Yuri asked which Taeyeon again, don't understand what Yuri mean.

"I mean where is your manner? Not gonna say thanks?" Yuri suggested.

"And I heard that she really like your voice." she added.

Taeyeon got quiet for a moment. She look over to Tiffany direction again and somehow caught Tiffany's attention. This time with more proper manner, Taeyeon give Tiffany a smile and lifted up her drinks acknowledging Tiffany that she got her treat with a small nod as a thank you gesture. She can clearly see Tiffany got stunned for awhile before her face blushed red. Taeyeon then stand up from her seat, she take another sip before she look at Yuri. "I think I have a better idea on how to thank her." Taeyeon winked at Yuri and she then walked towards the stage. Yuri followed, thinking they gonna sing another song but got stop by Taeyeon. "I'll be solo this time" she beamed her smile before she got on the stage with her guitar. Yuri got the signal and just smile back to Taeyeon before she walked towards to Jessica and join them again.

"Why are you not going up there?" Jessica confused.

"Nope, not this time." Yuri smiled and turn to Tiffany, "She want to do a solo. Just for you." Yuri said, pointing at Tiffany. It makes Tiffany face turned to more red by now, her heart beating even quickier than usual after what Yuri had told her. Before she comes to her sense, she can hear the guitar string start strumming into a sweet melody.


*"Someone struck a match against the night,
All I could see was you and I. I was captivated."*

 

Taeyeon strumming on her guitar with her sweet melody, constantly staring right at Tiffany. Slowly, Tiffany was really captivated with her sweet voice just like the lyrics, all she could see was Taeyeon and her alone.

 

"Yah! she got a new song?!" Yuri complaint.

 

*"For a while I thought that I could hold you,
But you were just a temporary high."*

 

Taeyeon sing. Her sight never leave Tiffany's until the chorus, as usual she will close her eyes with much emotion, she sing.

 

*"Firefly you drew me to you,
Your beauty shines and lights up the sky
And you don't know it, do you?
I wish I could keep you, firefly
Firefly"*

 

She slowly open her eyes at the last sentence. Looking at Tiffany, she smiled. This smile, Tiffany seen it before when she's here for the first time. The smile that captured Tiffany's attention. But this time, it's a bit different from the first time. This time, it felt warmer it could melt her heart. It's quite a distance from the stage, but they could felt it. Their heart are accelerating, lost in their own world.


"She's in love" Yuri breathe out looking at Taeyeon.

 

-Chapter 3 ends-

sorry for my bad english, hope you guys can understand >.<

*Taylor Swift - Firefly (one of my fav song ;) )

 

Soon, Yulsic moment :D