Gift

Breathe

After getting all her equipment ready, Taeyeon confidently position her bow and arrow. Concentrate with one of her eye close, she aimed to the red dot in the middle on the target board. First released, the arrow hit right in the middle of the red dot, first 10 points. With a victorious smirk she place her second arrow onto her bow. She casually aim again, and released. It hit slightly to the left of her first arrow but still within the 10 points circle. By now there are crowds surrounding her watching her game, almost all are speechlessly amazed by her skills. She then released her third arrow, another 10 points. All the crowds who watching her play applaud and cheer with her winning.

"Wow" is all Tiffany could uttered out. Even the booth owner got speechless.

"I got all three 10 points!" Taeyeon excitedly told the owner. "Do I still need to continue playing with the other two arrows?" Taeyeon continued asking the owner.

"You're really good at this game. You already earned your prize but now I have a new deal for you." The owner offered and it did interest Taeyeon. "If you continue with the other two arrows, and both hit the 10 points as well then I'll give you a bonus prize" The owner continued with a wink.

"Sounds like a good deal! What will the bonus prize be?" Taeyeon asked.

"Mm.. I'll give you both of the giant rabbit plushies" he offered pointing up to a pair of plushies.

"Wow! Okay I'll try it then!" Taeyeon beamed a smile to Tiffany then she confidently take the arrow and aim again. Now, she had attracted even more crowds standing around her and excitedly cheer for her. She then released the arrow and it hit right on the 10 points again. She then casually take the last arrow and position herself aiming to the target board ignoring all the cheers and claps surrounding her. It is her last arrow now that everyone got quite anticipating her result. Even Tiffany got nervous just by watching it. Taeyeon aimed for a moment, she suddenly drop her bow and arrow down and turn to Tiffany. Unexpected to Tiffany she jolt up by her sudden action and abruptly stare right back onto Taeyeon with her eyes wide open.

"Cheer for me?" Taeyeon requested cutely and Tiffany froze for a second by that sudden interaction from Taeyeon.

"H-hwaiting. (A/N Korean encouraging cheer slang 화이팅 Fighting)" Tiffany shyly said with a cheering fist gesture. They both exchange a smile before Taeyeon aim again and released her arrow on the target board. A loud exciting roar fill the whole area from the crowds and everyone claps their hand as a compliment on Taeyeon's result. Small whispers talking about how good Taeyeon's skill was also heard around the booth. But all Taeyeon care is the girl who stands next to her. After she put down her bow, she turn to Tiffany and winked before she got her attention back onto the booth owner.

"Ajeossi! I've got all five 10 points!" Taeyeon happily announced.

"Wow! You're really good in archery aren't you?" The owner said amused while taking down two of the huge size plushy as he had promised. "Here you go. This is your prize. One for you." He hand out one to Taeyeon. "And one for your girlfriend" He then turn and hand the other one to Tiffany. Tiffany froze to his statement and having no choice but just received the plushy from the owner since he is directing it to her.

Taeyeon got shock as well by what he said and abruptly glance over to Tiffany and saw the change of her expression upon those words got her worried.

"Ah aniya (아니야 - no) Ajeossi! She's my friend." Taeyeon quickly correct him.

"As what you said then" he beamed his genuine smile before he took the equipment and walk away.

"Aisshhh.. Ajeossi.." Taeyeon whined.

"Sorry, just don't mind what he said" Taeyeon tried to brush it off and Tiffany could only smile. They got quiet for a moment before Taeyeon push the plushy she holding to Tiffany.

"Here. Take this." Taeyeon said.

"Huh?"

"I-it's for you." Taeyeon shyly stuttered.

"Me?"

"Y-yeah. It doesn't mean anything! I.. I just saw you staring at it earlier so I thought you would want it." Taeyeon quickly clarify. "Take it" she continued and slightly push it towards Tiffany.

Tiffany blinked a few times processing what is actually happening. All she thought earlier was Taeyeon interested on the plushy and she won it. But in fact she was actually won it for her. She open but can't produce a sound out. She close it back and think again. Looking back on her hand, she's already hugging one.

"Ah, I didn't expect he would offer me two plushies. I was just planning to get one for you only. So now... both are yours" Taeyeon said after she noticed Tiffany's puzzled face looking at the plushy she's already holding.

"But.. It's your hard earning" Tiffany finally speaks.

"It's.. not that hard though. I used to joined archery when I'm in high school. It was much further distance compare to this booth. Too easy for me." Taeyeon smiled confidently waving her hand off.

"I.."

"Please. J-just accept it. Just a small gift from me." Taeyeon pushed it again.

"..Okay, I'll take one and you take one?" Tiffany trying to make a deal.

"It's too big for me I'm not sure how am I suppose to take care both." Tiffany added.

"Take care?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrow.

"I mean.. space. I'm staying in our hotel now and I can't fly both of them back to LA" Tiffany explained.

"Oh yeah. Alright then. I'll keep one for you and when you visit here again you can pay a visit to it" Taeyeon cheerfully said.


Now they both hugging one plushy each and walk slowly enjoying the night breeze while waiting for Yuri and Jessica. Taeyeon tried to start a conversation and slowly they got more comfortable with each others especially Tiffany, she seems to be more open up compare to earlier when Taeyeon tried to chat with her. Taeyeon can even make jokes and now. After a short walk, they saw a bench along the way and decided to take a rest.


"You're the club's captain just of your skills and not of your years of joining the club? For real?" Tiffany asked disbelief.

"Yeah. I'm too talented I guess and they promoted me to be the team captain on my second year of joining the club. Some seniors were not satisfied with it but I led my team and we won a few athletics championship for the school so they have no say" Taeyeon happily shared her story.

"Wow. You're good at aiming things though. You even won a few times earlier with throwing cans and pop the balloons." Tiffany recalled.

"I guess." Taeyeon casually shrugged her shoulder. "Think it just the same method but I'm really into archery even until now." She continued.

"I see.. so what else you're into?"

"You." Taeyeon stared right into Tiffany's eyes.

The sudden confession shocked the hell out of Tiffany, she don't know how to react in instants. She heard clearly of Taeyeon's answer and they're staring at each others it caused her heart beating even faster that she'd lost control of it. For Taeyeon, her heart is beating fast too but she saw the stunned expression on Tiffany, she regret it right away why did she said that.

"I'm just teasing you." Taeyeon fake a laugh and hang her head low hiding her sad face. She nearly forgot she shouldn't do this.

"I love music." Taeyeon then quickly add in wanted to kill the awkwardness seeing Tiffany still in her stunned condition. "I like singing. I like strumming on my guitar. And I can play piano as well do you know that?" Taeyeon continued, acting all cool and trying to ease up the awkward atmosphere.

"You do?" Tiffany too trying to be as normal as she could. In fact her heart is still beating fast she can't calm it down yet.

"Yeah, we do have a keyboard at the bar too but hardly play with it." Taeyeon replied.

"Play it sometimes?" Tiffany suggested.

"For you?" Taeyeon promptly countered which surprised Tiffany for a moment.

"Erm... W-will you?" Tiffany hesitantly asked.

"Sure! Of course. When you come by next time I'll play it for you." Taeyeon smiled warmly to Tiffany it captivated her completely. It hit her right away, her brain remembered those warm smile. On the night she bought her drinks and Taeyeon sang for her, it was the same smile. The smile that Yuri said it was her sweetest smile she ever witness in her entire life.


Just for a good few seconds they staring at each others, they're yet again lost in their own little world where their surrounding doesn't matter to them anymore. Both captivated with each others, unconsciously leaning towards each others closer and closer.

"Ti-Tiffany.. I.." Taeyeon absentmindedly uttered out while still locking her eyes on to Tiffany's. Eventually her voice break Tiffany's trance and it caused her sit up straight abruptly and turned her face looking straight, it snapped Taeyeon back as well.

"I. Think we should call them. I-It's getting late" Tiffany suggested still looking straight in front of her.

"Y-yeah." Taeyeon stuttered. "..Sorry.." Taeyeon uttered almost whisper to herself but it's clearly heard by the nervous girl next to her. She then quickly fish out her phone from her jean's pocket and dial Yuri's number.


After the call, they both sit there for some time. Not knowing what to say or what to do, they just keep quiet and look around, awkwardly.

"So.. what are you good at?" Taeyeon finally speak out, couldn't stand the silence anymore.

"Huh?" Tiffany didn't expect the sudden question directed to her.

"I've told you mine. What about yours?" Taeyeon smile trying to ease their awkwardness.

"Oh.. urm.. I think.. I'm only good at business dealing. That's all I can do right now." Tiffany think for awhile while trying to give her best answer. "I've been fed with a lot of business knowledge since I was young. My dad would explain to me about his business and all so I would easily take over his business when I'm older." She continued. Taeyeon listen earnestly and taking small note in her mind about Tiffany's childhood and family.

"I'm bored huh?" Tiffany asked after noticing Taeyeon just listen to her and nodded without any reply but in fact Taeyeon is collecting information and analyzing it inside her brain.

"Mm.. not really. At least you are smart in it. I'm in business even though I'm taking care of one now. My brother is the one who always keeping track on it.

"But you are good in music. Which I'm in." Tiffany remarked and they both laughed at it.

"No one is perfect I guess." Taeyeon remarked and the both smiled. "Mm.. Other than business? And asides of music." Taeyeon continued.

"Let me think.." Tiffany think genuinely. "Ah! I used to baked with my mom when I'm much younger" Tiffany snapped her finger once she thought of it.

"You bake?"

"Not.. really like I can. It was mostly my mom did all the job and I was just around to help here and there. I was just twelve? Or thirteen?" Tiffany trying to recall.

"You never bake after that?"

"No..." Tiffany drop her head low when answering it. It suddenly remind her of the past.

"Why?" Not knowing the reason behind, Taeyeon obliviously asked.

"My mom wasn't around anymore..." Tiffany answered this time with much sad tone in her voice. She then look up to the dark sky above and smile sadly. It suddenly remind Taeyeon of Jessica's story telling about Tiffany's mother. She silently curse inside herself why did she even ask more on this topic.

"I'm..sorry.." Taeyeon softly apologise sincerely while looking at Tiffany's side profile who still staring at the sky above.

"It's okay. It's already past." Tiffany beamed a smile to Taeyeon then look up to the sky again and Taeyeon just smile back weakly still regretting her question and follow Tiffany's gaze to look up to the sky.

"It's starry night tonight." Tiffany commented.

"Yeah" Taeyeon breathe out but she wasn't looking up to the sky anymore. Her gaze have found a new interest, Tiffany's side profile. Taeyeon could feel the sorrow in the girl's eyes. Slowly, there are a hint of tears spotted.

"T-Tiffany.." Taeyeon called cautiously but obvious concern is in her tone. She starts to get nervous not knowing what to do if Tiffany suddenly break down and cry. All cause of herself reminded the girl about her sad past.

"Ah.. I'm sorry I just got too carried away. This always happened when I'm thinking of my mom" Tiffany sniffed and wipe off the hint of the tears at the edge of her eyes.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't ask..."


"MI-YOUNG-AH!!"


 

-Chapter 18 Ends-

I'm so busy lately I don't have enough time to update I'm so sorry. The coming chapters might take longer time but I will sure update once I'm free. I don't even have time to check so might have typo error. >.< Thank you for still supporting this fic.