Because I'm a Creep

Tales of a Closeted Fanboy

 

The ring of the bell signifying the dismissals for the afternoon classes enables Baekhyun to finally let go of a fresh breath of relief that he has been holding. The last class for the day was extremely boring, and throughout the duration of it, Baekhyun only keeps himself awake by waiting for the minute hands to strike four.

"Do you have strict parents that make you go home right after classes or you're an actual teenager allowed to spend some free time?" Yixing asks as he stands up and begins shoving his stuff into his bag. He's actually quite an attentive one, a perfect companion for Baekhyun who has been slacking off lately.

"I go to the library to do homework," Baekhyun says as he slings his bag over his shoulder. "Want to come? I want to introduce you to someone."

"As long as he's nice."

Baekhyun blinks at Yixing for a moment, contemplating to himself. Is Chanyeol even nice? All he knows is that he's incredibly annoying and has the ability to suddenly pop out of nowhere like a goddamn mushroom.

"Yes, he's nice," Baekhyun finally concludes as he leads the way out of the classroom.

The library is quiet and tranquil as always the moment the duo steps in. Baekhyun darts his eyes around looking for his senior while Yixing keeps himself busy by touching every book his eyes would find that weren't much which leads Baekhyun to believe that Chanyeol must be keeping himself busy by placing books back into their designated shelves.

"Baekhyun?"

The two turn around to the source of the voice. Baekhyun flashes a small smile to hide the sudden jolt of excitement when he sees Chanyeol again after such a long day. The senior pushes the now empty cart he uses for the books and parks it next to the librarian's desk.

"Hey, Chanyeol-hyung," Baekhyun greets, which Chanyeol responds to by leaning in to ruffle his hair endearingly before finally slinging his arm over his shoulders. Baekhyun gives him a glare that only makes the other smile cheekily. He has this desire to punch that smile off of the senior's face, but he finally decides not to just because they aren't alone.

"You brought a friend along," Chanyeol says, eyes totally trained and focused on Baekhyun and completely ignoring the Chinese student. "So that's why you haven't been replying to me ever since you sent me that adorable selfie which I have turned into my wallpaper by the way."

"What a creep," Baekhyun rolls his eyes, hiding his fluster. "So yeah, this is Zhang Yixing, a transferee in my class who I ahve decided to be friends with just because it's tiring to always come to you these days. You're a handful to handle."

"Zhang Yixing, hey!" Chanyeol exclaims, faking a smile as he finally gives his attention to the other male who was giving him a knowing smile that Baekhyun comprehends as a polite grin. He extends his hand out, saying, "It's nice to meet a friend of Baekhyun's."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you too, Park Chanyeol," Yixing greets.

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. "How do you know his complete name?"

Chanyeol seems to panic, shooting the Chinese student a look that Baekhyun doesn't notice. Yixing shrugs nonchalantly and points at the senior.

"He's wearing his assistant librarian plate. I actually know how to read Hangul for your information, Baekhyun."

Chanyeol only glares at Yixing, but relieved for that easy save.

"Well then, can we hang around for awhile, hyung?" Baekhyun asks. "I have homework to do."

"You need the new student with you?" Chanyeol asks, sounding a bit irritated but Baekhyun is oblivious about it once again.

"Yeah, he wants to accompany me after all."

"Is my company not enough for you, though?"

"Hyung, please don't talk like that."

Baekhyun turns around, gripping Yixing's wrist and pulls him towards his usual table with an annoyed Chanyeol following closely behind.

"So how did you guys meet?" Yixing asks. He is seated next to Baekhyun with Chanyeol right across them sending glares to Yixing's direction. Books and notebooks are laid out in front of the younger students.

"I'm just an unsuspecting student using the library who is subjected to his creepy tendencies," Baekhyun explains.

"Hey, I was just being nice!" Chanyeol argues.

"He stalks me."

"Your ego, Byun Baekhyun."

"How cute," Yixing coos.

"Anyway, we should finish this," Baekhyun says, gesturing to the books in front of them. "So hyung, please shut up."

"Both of you are the ones talking," the older snarkily says as he leans back on his chair with a pout. Baekhyun laughs, a sound that makes the older smile just a little bit before rolling his eyes and picking up his sketch pad.

Baekhyun has to suppress a chuckle everytime he looks up at Chanyeol from under his lashes, amused by the fact that his eyebrows are scrunched up together from annoyance, probably because he feels like a babysitter watching over the two of them.

Baekhyun has to admit, seeing the older being like this is kind of adorable.

Chanyeol had to stop himself from yelling out "Finally!" when Baekhyun and Yixing announces that they are done with homework.

"I have to go home now," Yixing says. "It was nice to meet the two of you. I seriously thought I would spend the duration of my first day alone since, you know, I'm not that cool."

"It's fine, it's fine," Baekhyun says, waving a hand dismissively. "You'll have to stick with me from now on. And Chanyeol would happily be friends with you too, right?"

Chanyeol wanted to say "no thanks", but he is in no position to deny it when Baekhyun is giving him this cute rectangular smile along with sparkling eyes that immediately forces him to nod anyway.

"So yeah, I really gotta go now," Yixing apologetically says.

"Yeah, you go. Baekhyun and I have to talk," Chanyeol says, faking another smile.

"We have to?" Baekhyun asks.

The Chinese student nods. "Okay, see you around."

When Yixing finally leaves, the library is silent again. Baekhyun stares anywhere but at Chanyeol's unwavering gaze. He encourages himself to speak up first like the alpha male that he truly is, clearing his throat and says, "So, what do we have to talk about?"

Chanyeol guffaws, giving him a weirded out look. "Why are you suddenly speaking in a strange deep voice?"

"What are you saying? This is how I speak."

"Stop it Baekhyun," Chanyeol chides him, reaching out to flick his nose. A gasp of disbelief escapes the other's lips.

"Oh no you did not just-"

"Yes I did," Chanyeol says, eyes wide as if to taunt the other. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"I'll fight you!" Baekhyun declares as he stands up, but Chanyeol quickly whips out a bar of chocolate and tosses it across the table. Like the gullible child that he is, Baekhyun sinks back down on his seat and grabs the bar to happily bite into it without even asking if it was okay since it was technically Chanyeol's.

"Good boy," Chanyeol coos, earning a glare from Baekhyun but not saying anything because he is too preoccupied with his chocolate.

"I wanted to ask you," Chanyeol says as he leans forward, placing his elbows on the table then perches his chin on his palm. "Why did you send '' to me?"

Baekhyun blinks for a few seconds in confusion before slowly shaking his head. "No... I did not send you that... I only sent you a selfie."

Chanyeol frowns. "No? Then who did it?"

The younger stares down at the chocolate. Sheepishly, he tries wrapping up with the ripped off foil then hands it over to the older.

"Here, now don't be mad."

"I'm not mad," Chanyeol laughs silently. "You didn't send that right? Who is it? And that's your chocolate, have it."

Baekhyun sighs dejectedly as he stares at the bar of chocolate in front of him. He feels his mood plummeting down when he remembers the events that had transpired during lunch.

"It was Jiyong and the others," Baekhyun says. "They took my phone."

"What did they say to you?" Chanyeol probes.

"Nothing."

"Nothing? Apparently it's not just nothing when your pretty face is upset like that. Come on Hyunee, you can tell me."

Baekhyun runs his fingers through his hair, eyes closed as he tries calming the growing turmoil inside of him.

"Chanyeol-hyung I really like hanging out with you," Baekhyun confesses out of the blue. "Before Yixing came, you are my first breath of fresh air. A break from a lifestyle that I'm not even really fond of in the first place. And I'm really thankful to you for that. I won't be tired of telling you this. Just don't let it get to your head. That's why I... as much as I want to be with everyone on the top, it gets tiring, you know? They expect me to be what they want me to be and shame me for not following their footsteps. It's... It's suffocating. I'm sick of it, hyung."

Chanyeol stands up to circle the table and plop down beside the other male.

"Your struggles, I can't say I can really relate," he smiles, a smile that almost heals the bad feelings circulating inside of Baekhyun already. "But you have me. And Yixing too. You don't really need them. Rely on me, Hyunee."

Baekhyun nods and leans his head against Chanyeol's shoulder. The older is taken aback for a bit before he places a gentle hand on his head and ruffles the hair in a not so messy way. Just enough to portray the level of adoration he has for the younger.

"You know, it's the weekend tomorrow," Chanyeol says.

"So?"

"So... Want to come with me?"

"Where?"

"To the beach."

Baekhyun chuckles. "Isn't that miles away?"

"Kind of... that's why it's a road trip."

"I don't know..."

"You just have to come with me," Chanyeol says excitedly. "I'll make you cookies."

Baekhyun narrows his eyes in suspicion. "You're not going to kidnap me, aren't you? You're luring me in with food."

The older perks an eyebrow up. "And why would you say that?"

"You're a creep and a stalker after all."

"I'm not!" Chanyeol whines. "Just come with me, it's going to be fun! I don't exactly have any friends except you."

"I'll consider," Baekhyun says as he bends his body over the table with arms outstretched, groaning when his back begins to ache.

"So anyway, where is this beach anyway? Are we staying over the weekend? Where are we staying? Is this at a resort?"

"It's... umm..." Chanyeol's ears turn really red as he pushes his nerdy glasses back. "Actually it's... it's my property..."

"Your property? Not your parents?"

"It's my parents of course!" Chanyeol seems so flustered, it's making Baekhyun feel a bit suspicious.

The younger sits up and leans in with eyes narrowed. "That's really strange, Park Chanyeol. Why are you flustered? Are you hiding something from me?"

"Nothing at all." Chanyeol begins to sweat as he nudges Baekhyun away from him. "I don't have anything to hide."

"Nothing to hide?" Baekhyun smirks. "You say this but you never told me you're actually rich as ."

Chanyeol visibly relaxes, shoulders losing tension as he glares at the younger.

"It's nothing that I have to tell you," Chanyeol pouts. Baekhyun's eyes unconsciously move to look at his bottom lip and damn why does it look so ing plump and kissable-

"Hmm," Baekhyun hums as he straightens up on his seat. "So, do you have, like, your own beach house or something? I'm not exactly keen on beach camping."

"Well of course," Chanyeol chuckles. "Beach camping is just inviting trouble with sand you know."

Baekhyun grins.

"Okay then, so I'll go with you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing crunches on his popcorn, eyes focusing on the drama currently playing on his wide LED screen television. The light from it is the only thing illuminating the dark room which had a kind of gloomy ambiance if not for Yixing's loud and irksome crunching.

A knock comes on the door. Yixing ignores it for a moment, not wanting to separate from the comforts of his sofa and the interesting scene currently playing out. But the knock comes again, insistent and forceful that the Chinese man finally lets go of a groan and jumps to his feet.

"Coming! Coming! Sheesh," he mutters under his breath as he runs to the door. Upon opening, he is greeted by the sight of a sketchy looking man... if not for the mop of pink hair on his head.

"How many times do I have to tell you to improve on your choice of clothing?" Yixing sighs as he widens the door and steps aside. "Come in, Chanyeol."

"Yeah well I don't dress to impress and I'm actually trying to be inconspicuous," Chanyeol says as he steps inside of the apartment. "Your new place is kind of cool, hyung."

"Call me Yixing, Chanyeol. I'm a highschooler, remember?"

The pink-haired man shoots him an amused look. "Seriously, why are you cosplaying as a highschooler anyway? You're an old man."

"To keep my eyes on you," Yixing says with a grin as he walks over to his kitchen. "Champagne? Soju? Or Coke?"

"Water," Chanyeol says.

"Boring," Yixing giggles. "So, what did you come here for?"

"Baekhyun is mine, hyung."

Yixing is taken aback at the abruptness of the younger's statement. When Chanyeol turns his head to look at him, his usually pretty and expressive eyes are sharp and hard.

"What the hell?" Yixing laughs as he pours water into a glass. "Chanyeol, I don't play like that. I'm an old man cosplaying as a highschooler, not an actual highschooler."

"Just to make it clear," Chanyeol shrugs. "Baekhyun is too charming, don't underestimate him. I fell for it when I thought I wouldn't."

"This is going to cause trouble," Yixing chuckles. "You're not exactly a free man, Chanyeol. Good thing that it's only me and not someone from the higher up who is keeping tabs on you."

"I just want to live my life," Chanyeol sighs as he runs his fingers through his pink locks. "Baekhyun's been the best thing to happen to me."

"And do so, I'm not stopping you," Yixing says as he plops down next to him and hands him his glass. Chanyeol mutters a low thank you and drinks.

"Baekhyun's a nice kid."

"And a Loey fanboy."

Yixing blinks, disbelief across his features as he slowly turns to Chanyeol, whose attention is on the television.

"Well damn," the Chinese man grins. "That's... That's wild."

"Yeah."

"How do you know he's your fanboy? Baekhyun looks like someone who would hide it."

Chanyeol smirks. "I just do."

Yixing shoots a couple of popcorn into his mouth.

"This is going to be fun to watch."