A Fanboy's World

Tales of a Closeted Fanboy

Baekhyun knows that he should feel comfortable now that the burden of his secret has been lifted at least a little bit, but to be honest? It did nothing but make him feel kind of embarassed, awkward and a bit more conscious of himself. He didn't know how to act or talk to Chanyeol, whose messages and calls he has, once more, ignored for the duration of the weekend.

That Monday in the locker hall while getting his books for the next subjects, Baekhyun actually attempts to avoid him again when Chanyeol disrupts this and suddenly appears in front of him.

Baekhyun turns around to the other side, but he feels Chanyeol grab his hand and pull him back to face him.

"Where do you think are you going?"

The brunette sighs in despair, realizing now that Chanyeol has seen him, he won't let him get away easily. Instead of trying to escape, Baekhyun surrenders with shoulders sagging and lips in a pout as he stares up at the older from below his lashes.

"You're not going to avoid me again, are you?" Chanyeol says, caressing the other's hand with his thumb. Baekhyun lowers his head and shakes it left to right.

"You're really confusing, you know?" Chanyeol continues. "I'm just keeping up with you because I like being with you and that you're cute."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Baekhyun says, a bit hesitant. "I'm just… I'm just insecure now that… you know… you know that."

Chanyeol stares at him for a few more seconds before breaking out into a wide grin. "Don't be so conscious, I still see you the same way, Hyunee. Just more cute now that I know you fanboy over a- mmmmm!"

Baekhyun had suddenly sprung forward to cup the older's mouth. He glares at him and says, "Shut up! You can't say stuff like that so carelessly!"

Chanyeol pries off Baekhyun's hands and holds his wrists up, dipping down to close the distance between them with his face dangerously cloes to the younger's and says, "I know, I was just teasing you. I care too much about you to let you suffer."

Baekhyun holds gazes with Chanyeol for a moment, stunned even more by his charm when he smiles at him. He gulps, knowing damn well that they were in the hall, in public sight, and there's probably people talking about their weird exchange right now, but he couldn't seem to move.

"Look at you," Chanyeol clicks his tongue as he smirks. "I think you just fell in love with me."

Before Baekhyun could snap at him for being so full of himself, Chanyeol steps away from his personal space, letting him finally breathe.

"Hey," he says. "Let me walk you to class, then let me have you later during lunch. Let's talk."

Baekhyun finds himself nodding to that even if that was the last thing that he wanted to do. Dammit. His submissiveness to Park Chanyeol isn't going to take him to greater heights.

"You and Park Chanyeol have such a weird friendship," Jongdae comments when Baekhyun arrives in the classroom.

"Yeah," Yixing adds in. "You find him annoying, so you constantly bicker and quarrel with him in the hallways. He would then say something and you end up blushing like a little teenage girl. It's really weird to watch, but I've heard some people finding it cute."

"Oh god," Baekhyun groans. "What are we, some kind of drama that people watch for entertainment? Can't you people just mind your own goddamn business?"

"Hey, just saying," Jongdae says, patting his back. "We know you love your Chanyeol-hyung-"

"I don't love him!" Baekhyun denies furiously.

"You don't like him?" Yixing asks in confusion. "That isn't exactly true, is it?"

"You gotta be blind to not see how attracted you are to that senior, Byun Baekhyun," Jongdae says in a hushed voice.

"I'm not ga-"

"Uh-uh," Jongdae lifts a finger. "Don't give me that, okay? You don't have to be labelled if you want to. But accept the fact the you're at least gay for this certain senior of yo-"

"Ah, shut up, please?" Baekhyun says, flailing his hands around that Jongdae and Yixing had to lean away so as not to get hit. "No single particle of my body is attracted to that giant idiot. None at all! Do you hear me?"

"Calm down, Baekhyun," Yixing coaxes him uncertainly.

"Okay, okay," Jongdae raises his hands up. "I'll shut up."

Baekhyun swears under his breath, giving his friends a dirty look as he then shifts his eyes to the teacher who had just entered the classroom.

To come to Park Chanyeol like had wanted was the last thing that Baekhyun wanted to do, not wanting to give the older the satisfaction of having him submit to whatever he wishes, but Baekhyun didn't really have the will to turn back and abandon him. That's why that lunch, he ditches Yixing and Jongdae as he follows after Chanyeol who had been waiting for him outside of his classroom, missing the knowing smiles the other two were giving in their direction.

"I made you cookies," Chanyeol says, pushing the box filled with the treats across the grassy gap between him and the younger. They have currently sought refuge at some grassy field found deeper in the school so they could eat in peace without having to deal with the obnoxiously loud gossipping of their schoolmates. Jongdae's right about what he has heard. Baekhyun didn't really want to hear them spouting about how he looks so cute with Chanyeol and that they're like a matchmade in heaven. What the .

"Is this some sort of pacifier?" Baekhyun jokes dryly as he gratefully accepts the gift, opening the lid and immediately biting into one cookie. His eyes lit up, surprised by how delicious it was, giving his sweet tooth what it perfectly craved.

"Delicious right?" Chanyeol smirks. "I made it myself, of course it would be tasty."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he turns to lay out his own lunch. "You're not even popular nor you have people worshipping your feet in this school yet you're so full of yourself. Deflate that ego of yours, will you?"

Chanyeol only grins at him cheekily as he reaches out to take one of the cookies.

"I'm curious," the older starts.

Baekhyun stops feeding himself with his food, pausing cautiously as he awaits the next things the older is going to say because this is it, Chanyeol's going to really interrogate him about his little obsession.

"W-What?" Baekhyun probes, trying to sound tough and unbothered even though he is anything but that.

"You see, there's all kinds of fans," Chanyeol spread his arms out to emphasize his point. "There's the casual fan who only cares for the music and performance, the avid fan who cares for everything about their idol and buys everything yet isn't exactly that attached, the obsessive fan who loves them a bit too much, the charismatic fan who can dance and sing covers to their idols' content, the fanartist who creates artwork, the writer who writes fanfiction, the fansite who capture pictures and sell them for money to support them and the anti-fan who on them and constantly slanders them. So," he points at Baekhyun. "Which one are you?"

Baekhyun lets out a light laugh, taken aback by how Chanyeol is actually so knowledgeable about stuff like this. He initially only takes him for a fan who buys but don't really get himself involved with his idols or with the fandom.

"I'm the fansite, I guess?" Baekhyun chuckles, finding it a bit surreal that he gets to talk about this stuff with Chanyeol. "I go to concerts and events then take pictures. I don't really sell stuff since I only do it as a hobby… yeah."

Chanyeol nods. "Hmm, I see. So you only snap shots of Loey?"

Baekhyun blushes almost instantly. "W-Well yeah… but I also take pictures of other members when the moment seems good enough."

"Hmm," Chanyeol crosses his legs, propping his elbow up then leans his chin into the palm of his hand. "Interesting…"

"H-How about you, Chanyeol-hyung?" Baekhyun asks awkwardly. "You told me you liked Loey, right? What kind of fan are you?"

"Well, is there a category for someone who spends stuff over him?" Chanyeol chuckles. "I like collecting rare items."

Baekhyun gapes at him. Yeah, that's right. During his birthday he had given him a ring that Loey owned. It's currently neatly displayed in a shelf filled with Loey's stuff.

"You're filthy rich," Baekhyun snickers. "I can only dream of buying expensive ."

"Hey, listen," Chanheol leans in. "Because you're my favorite person, do you want me to buy you anything? You know, like something Loey wore?"

Baekhyun blinks. "D-Do you mean like… like something Loey himself wore?"

"Yeah," Chanyeol nods nonchalantly. "Anything specific?"

"Even underwear?"

"Nasty," the older smirks. "Didn't take you for being that kind of fan, Hyunee."

"Joking," Baekhyun waves a hand dismissively. "How will you even obtain that? You're not a sasaeng, are you?"

"I'm not, why would I be a sasaeng?" Chanyeol chuckles. "Not like I would like to marry Loey or turn his urine into ice cubes."

Baekhyun shivers, remembering that incident when some crazy fan broke into their dorm and scooped up urine just to freeze them then sell it.

"Let's not talk about that," Baekhyun answers, goosebumps still evident. "Anyway, I'll have to turn it down. I don't like the sound of what you're doing, although I do like the hoodies he has... I can buy them, but my money is always tied to concert and event tickets."

Chanyeol simply shrugs as he turns back to his food, seemingly done with the interrogation. Baekhyun sighs in relief and does the same.

After lunch, the two head back to their respective rooms since they still had classes for the afternoon. Despite being an attentive student, Baekhyun is occasionally looking at his wristwatch, counting down to the time he gets to leave this boring hellhole and then be with Chanyeol again in the library.

I'm not being too eager, right? Baekhyun wonders as he makes his way to the library after bidding Jongdae and Yixing goodbye for the day.

"Isn't it prohibited to drink or eat snacks in the library?"

Chanyeol bends his head over the top of the head rest and gives Baekhyun a cute smile. The younger rolls his eyes, bringing a hand up and suddenly delivers a flick to the older's proud nose.

"What the ?!" Chanyeol exclaims as he cups his nose. Baekhyun laughs, pulling the chair beside him and sits down.

"Hyung, I'm bored," Baekhyun says as he leans against his chair. "Entertain me or something."

"Well," Chanyeol hums as he sips on his drink. He leans forward, folding his elbows on the table. "I don't know. If you're looking for fun, the library isn't exactly the best place for it."

"Then where?"

Chanyeol stops sipping. He grins mischieviously at Baekhyun, who can feel shivers down his spine because it was the type of smile that didn't exactly make him feel comfortable.

"How about your bed room?"

Declining that suggestion would have been the best decision, but Baekhyun finds himself foolishly giving in to that idea. He hates how careless he feels when he's around Chanyeol. He just gives off this vibe that makes you want to trust him wholeheartedly.

"I've never had anyone come over before you," Baekhyun says as he leads the older into his house. "It feels kind of strange."

"I feel honoured to be the first one," Chanyeol grins cheekily. Baekhyun rolls his eyes at him then leads the way up to his room.

Before opening his door, Baekhyun turns to Chanyeol. He glares at him and says, "Everything in this room is valuable, so you better not touch anything unless I give you permission. You heard me?"

Chanyeol nods obediently, like a big dog. Baekhyun could clearly imagine floppy dog ears and a big tail wagging behind him.

"Good," Baekhyun nods in satisfaction, reaching out to pat his cheek before turning around to open his room.

To Chanyeol, it's almost like seeing a whole new world. Seeing Baekhyun in just simply a shirt is far more different than finally seeing a glimpse of how it truly is like for him to be a fan.

Baekhyun consciously peeks at Chanyeol's face, only to chuckle when he discovers the astonished look across his face as he strolls towards a shelf in the corner filled with his most prized possessions.

"Are these…?"

"Each and every CD and DVD that EXO released, may it be solo, unit or group in all versions," Baekhyun says, sounding a bit too proud than he initially intends.

"And your posters…?"

"Most are official, but some are from fansites," Baekhyun says. "That other shelf is filled with fansite photobooks of Loey since he's my bias and I can't really afford to buy any more by other members…"

"Your photocards…?"

"I've completed every member since I buy multiple albums for fansigns anyway," Baekhyun laughs timidly.

Chanyeol blinks, still amazed as he looks at Baekhyun. And this time, he doesn't just see him as simply a stingy, uptight and cute junior anymore.

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun snaps as the older suddenly wraps his arms around him.

"Let me spoil you," Chanyeol mumbles. "You don't have to buy anything. I'll buy you everything you want."

Baekhyun laughs nervously as he places his hands on the other's hips. "Why are you saying stuff like this all of a sudden?"

"Because you're so cute."

"I actually half expect you'd think I'm weird. I didn't expect you'd say that," Baekhyun chuckles, thankful that his face is hidden from sight. He didn't want Chanyeol to see how flustered he actually is. "I don't really know about you except the fact that you're filthy rich, but you can't do that. Why would you even spend money on me, I'm not your-"

"Because I like you so much, Byun Baekhyun."